unable to flash twrp onto recovery or vbmeta(img verification removed vbmeta) on vbmeta partition

Search This thread

antipositive

May 26, 2022
so recently ive tried again to root my motorola g5s (not plus) and after unlocking the bootloader which took like 5 mins, i ran into a problem, i did get the right twrp img for my motorola yet when i try to flash it onto the recovery like ive been told to, it says img unsigned or corrupted, ive asked in the r/AndroidRoot discord and nothing worked. Not too long after i went online on forums to try and find a way to get this fixed, ive seen that appearently even if it says img unsigned or corrupted, to try "fastboot boot twrp.img" while that did get the phone to boot, it booted into normal Android OS, so next i was told to try to flash a vbmeta.img with the verifications removed onto the vbmeta partition but got this error:
    • (bootloader) is-logical:vbmeta: not found Sending 'vbmeta' (0 KB) OKAY [ 0.165s] Writing 'vbmeta' (bootloader) Invalid partition name vbmeta FAILED (remote: '') fastboot: error: Command failed
      ive taken some screenshots of the cmd window in hopes of that helping to find whats wrong ill attach em(theyre named by me smashing my head against the keyboard because it doesnt work)

Attachments

• asasdasd asdasd.JPG
    asasdasd asdasd.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
  • asdddd.JPG
    asdddd.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 3
  • kzgizztizizghghuiuiiiiiiiiiiii.JPG
    kzgizztizizghghuiuiiiiiiiiiiii.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 3
  • lkjadsflnfdfajk.JPG
    lkjadsflnfdfajk.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 3

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
so recently ive tried again to root my motorola g5s (not plus) and after unlocking the bootloader which took like 5 mins, i ran into a problem, i did get the right twrp img for my motorola yet when i try to flash it onto the recovery like ive been told to, it says img unsigned or corrupted, ive asked in the r/AndroidRoot discord and nothing worked. Not too long after i went online on forums to try and find a way to get this fixed, ive seen that appearently even if it says img unsigned or corrupted, to try "fastboot boot twrp.img" while that did get the phone to boot, it booted into normal Android OS, so next i was told to try to flash a vbmeta.img with the verifications removed onto the vbmeta partition but got this error:
    • (bootloader) is-logical:vbmeta: not found Sending 'vbmeta' (0 KB) OKAY [ 0.165s] Writing 'vbmeta' (bootloader) Invalid partition name vbmeta FAILED (remote: '') fastboot: error: Command failed
      ive taken some screenshots of the cmd window in hopes of that helping to find whats wrong ill attach em(theyre named by me smashing my head against the keyboard because it doesnt work)
What does getvar all say? remove imei before posting
Code:
fastboot getvar all

antipositive

May 26, 2022
Ill check that tomorrow after installing the new battery, what's imei?
So in cmd i just type "fastboot getvar all" in the platform-tools folder?
What does getvar all say? remove imei before posting
Code:
fastboot getvar all
...bad news, the battery was replaced... Part of the backlight is ****ed but so little it doesnt matter, yet the entire bottum of the screen with the three buttons, its unresponsive altho it worked shortly after the replacement was finished, now it just stopped working. Idk if its even worth at that point to even replace the screen, really depends on the cost ngl but as of now i put the rooting on ice.
Youll hear from me again soon maybe.