Unable to flash Voodoo Kernel

Search This thread

mariotme

Feb 7, 2011
Amman
Hey guys.

as title says. i am unable to flash Voodoo's kernel on my SGS.
I tried flashing with CWM and Odin and still didn't get it to work. :confused:

I hope someone out there can assist me fix this annoying issue.

It also didn't work when flashing Darky v9.2 resurrection, after flashing with Odin and booting for the first time and installing darkyROM manager from the market and choosing my options including Voodoo Kernel and save and exit then reboot to flash it i just get normal 2e recovery.

thanks for having the time reading my post

mariotme

Feb 7, 2011
Amman
damn.....
this is really weird, and the weird part is how none even replied or commented on your thread!
this is sad.

lets hope that someone will shed some light on us

susdiehl

Feb 9, 2011
Hessen
Yes 2 poor boys in the same boat :D
But for me it´s ok....
I´ve seen that nobody is interested that Voodoo runs at all SGS´s to the contrary to Speedmod where i get much support ;)

tfvaldo

Feb 1, 2011
Let's make that 3 poor guys on the same boat.

I have the exact same problem as susdiehl. Logs says model not detected.
All I read about it is that my MBR is corrupted. But still haven't found how to fix that.

Supercurio suggested to do this: dd if=/voodoo/partition_tables/8GB of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=1 seek=446

This did something, and a conversion has started and completed, but then the phone wouldn't boot not even for hours.

Have you guys installed SpeedMod K13C? does this works well?

Tommyxiao

Feb 13, 2011
i already post several thread before, no one actually helped, so you can search my thread. i have exactly same problem. if u find the answer, please let me know. thank you

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

susdiehl

Feb 9, 2011
Hessen
Yes im on k 13 c and everything is fine.no lagfix only the recommend tweaks.if i try to switch to ext4 with speedmod it works.

There is no reason for me to switch again to voodoo.

mariotme

Feb 7, 2011
Amman
damn i see our boat is going to sink :p

regarding Hardcore's SpeedMod k13c its running great so far. I flashed it on the day it was released.

well the only thing that is annoying me badly is that i run on Darky's ROM and Darky himself optimise's his Rom for using Voodoo's kernels, and it really sucks that i can even experience what Darky recommends for his Rom's.

again lets all hope someone will show up and be able to assist us

susdiehl

Feb 9, 2011
Hessen
Darky says take the Voodoo but the majority says this:

Attachments

• voo.JPG
    voo.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: mib1800

tfvaldo

Feb 1, 2011
I've flashed speedmod and activated the lagfix. To be honest, I think I didn't needed lagfixes at all, because I haven't seen too much difference in use.

Anyway, it is done now. I'm sure later the difference will show up :)

gbohm

Sep 16, 2010
have you tried darky's resurection?
try that or a full rom with repartition than flash voodoo
report back
you could contact supercurio again perhaps he is interested in finding out what causes that
btw i like voodoo alot had major problems with data on speedmod now i am on cm7 but i am hoping supercurio will add voodoo features to cm7 (as a seperated modded kernel) too

hey post 300 ;-)

cm7 ftw
samsung galaxy s cm7 :)
archos a101 urukdroid :)
desire hd stock 2.2.1 :-(

Top Liked Posts