• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unable to get the Android 10 update

Search This thread

slimprize

Jan 4, 2020
New Delhi
Hi all,
I am writing from India. I am using a nokia 9 pure view device. I have not gotten the Android 10 update. I am on Android 9, the November security patch.

I am blind so use talkback. I know there is a way of loading the ota update via using adb and the recovery mode. However, in recovery mode, talkback does not work so I am wondering how to get this update.

I have contacted Nokia support without success. The India support did not have any official information on the update and when I contacted Nokia on twitter, I was told to wait as the update would be rolling out in patches. This was in December. I understand that we are up to the first security patch of Android 10 and still no update. I cannot determine if this is a problem with India or something with my phone.

What can I try to get the update?
Pranav

graphreak

Mar 24, 2006
On my Android powered mobile ;)
Other than continuously trying to run the Update check manually via System Settings, not sure there could be an alternate solution.
Or, perhaps a fellow Android enthusiast around your area who is familiar with running adb commands may help you out?

Good luck with updating, hope your phone receives it soon.

slimprize

Jan 4, 2020
New Delhi
Other than continuously trying to run the Update check manually via System Settings, not sure there could be an alternate solution.
Or, perhaps a fellow Android enthusiast around your area who is familiar with running adb commands may help you out?

Good luck with updating, hope your phone receives it soon.

PL] Thanks for your message. I have been checking since December 6 without success. However, I have extracted a logcat dump after running the manual check for updates via adb. The log is on my blog but I do not see how to paste the link because I am not permitted to do for anti-spam reasons. I'll try below and hopefully someone will be able to put the link together.
techesoterica dot com /wp-content/uploads/2020/01/update01.txt

amaljoe367

Sep 17, 2016
It's not a problem with your device.

Nokia 9 Pureview in UK and India are not getting their updates delivered on time. Others having the same device are also experiencing this problem.

slimprize

Jan 4, 2020
New Delhi
Hi all,
I have fixed the update issue and am posting the solution here for completeness. I do not think I can post links. The answer is on my blog at techesoterica dot com.
The fix involves using recovery mode to apply two updates manually after which the regular patches show up.

Top Liked Posts