• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Unable to install Netflix after rooting

Search This thread

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
Razer Phone 2
Motorola One Action
Update 2

More good news, I rooted it again, installed Magisk and Netflix is still working.

Not sure why it wasn't working before, also not quite sure what was the actual fix.

I don't really consider a full system wipe a "fix" but well that did it for me.

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
So, I just imported Apps and Data from the old phone again via Google "setup my device" transfer, and now Netflix got disabled again.

I'll try again and skip Google transfer to find out if that helps.
I can always use One+ Switch App to see if that is better.
OnePlus switch will still result in the same issue. Clear data and cache,install the app link I provided and make sure magiskhide is set to on.

dreinulldrei

Nov 4, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sorry, no. This means that Play Services have detected root and therefore the device is regarded as uncertified. See in Play store, hit your avatar, go to settings and see about screen. Look under Play Protect. I am confident you're uncertified.

A basic Magisk install will let you hide this. If Magisk hide is on, recheck Play Store. If it still says uncertified, go to app settings and wipe settings for Play Store. After this it should.be certified if Magisk is hidden. Once it's certified, you can install and use Netflix.

Word of warning: any mods like Xposed or variants thereof will break the certification.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
Razer Phone 2
Motorola One Action
Sorry, no. This means that Play Services have detected root and therefore the device is regarded as uncertified. See in Play store, hit your avatar, go to settings and see about screen. Look under Play Protect. I am confident you're uncertified.

A basic Magisk install will let you hide this. If Magisk hide is on, recheck Play Store. If it still says uncertified, go to app settings and wipe settings for Play Store. After this it should.be certified if Magisk is hidden. Once it's certified, you can install and use Netflix.

Word of warning: any mods like Xposed or variants thereof will break the certification.

THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you... !!!
That did it!
Now I can update and install Netflix straight from Google App Store.

Reactions: dreinulldrei

the bolt of thunder

Jun 15, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro

This also helped me. Thank you very much for this.

Reactions: dreinulldrei

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nice, sometimes it seems to work, sometimes not. Just rooted a new OP 9 and also the issue with Netflix for the first time. No idea what step led to this.
Finally phone unrooted, locked, unlocked and rooted again and Magisk hide activated.
Only then logged into the Playstore to update Netflix. Now runs as usual. Maybe that's the point. I had previously set up the device without an internet connection. And as I said, Playstore only at the end of the whole procedure.

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm not currently rooted, but I older OP device I would constantly get errors trying to install or run applications while rooted. There's an option within the Magisk app to reinstall Magisk under a random name. You can name it whatever you want. Doing that and deleting the regular Magisk app typically worked for me. Delete the app youre having issues installing. Reinstall Magisk under a random name of your choice. Redownload app but don't open it. Open newly installed Magisk under the random name you chose and add it to Magisk hide. Then run app.

Top Liked Posts