Question Unable to install Netflix after rooting

Search This thread

dreinulldrei

Nov 4, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sorry, no. This means that Play Services have detected root and therefore the device is regarded as uncertified. See in Play store, hit your avatar, go to settings and see about screen. Look under Play Protect. I am confident you're uncertified.

A basic Magisk install will let you hide this. If Magisk hide is on, recheck Play Store. If it still says uncertified, go to app settings and wipe settings for Play Store. After this it should.be certified if Magisk is hidden. Once it's certified, you can install and use Netflix.

Word of warning: any mods like Xposed or variants thereof will break the certification.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Sorry, no. This means that Play Services have detected root and therefore the device is regarded as uncertified. See in Play store, hit your avatar, go to settings and see about screen. Look under Play Protect. I am confident you're uncertified.

A basic Magisk install will let you hide this. If Magisk hide is on, recheck Play Store. If it still says uncertified, go to app settings and wipe settings for Play Store. After this it should.be certified if Magisk is hidden. Once it's certified, you can install and use Netflix.

Word of warning: any mods like Xposed or variants thereof will break the certification.

THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you... !!!
That did it!
Now I can update and install Netflix straight from Google App Store.

Reactions: dreinulldrei

the bolt of thunder

Jun 15, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro

This also helped me. Thank you very much for this.

Reactions: dreinulldrei

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nice, sometimes it seems to work, sometimes not. Just rooted a new OP 9 and also the issue with Netflix for the first time. No idea what step led to this.
Finally phone unrooted, locked, unlocked and rooted again and Magisk hide activated.
Only then logged into the Playstore to update Netflix. Now runs as usual. Maybe that's the point. I had previously set up the device without an internet connection. And as I said, Playstore only at the end of the whole procedure.

DesireMyDesire

Sep 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not currently rooted, but I older OP device I would constantly get errors trying to install or run applications while rooted. There's an option within the Magisk app to reinstall Magisk under a random name. You can name it whatever you want. Doing that and deleting the regular Magisk app typically worked for me. Delete the app youre having issues installing. Reinstall Magisk under a random name of your choice. Redownload app but don't open it. Open newly installed Magisk under the random name you chose and add it to Magisk hide. Then run app.

jwarrior319

Im using the LE2125 model with EU firmware. My solution was to remove the "netflix partner application" from system. I used lucky patcher to do this but any system app remover should work fine. Make sure all google play related apps are hidden via magisk hide. After removing that app clear DATA for play store. After that and possibly a reboot netflix should be available.

Ianb10

Dec 14, 2021

I got the same issue which everyone else had. My device is certified and I still can't find Netflix in playstore. I know this issue and always knew what to do. Like hiding magisk and rebooting and stuff but it still doesn't work.
Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-002228.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-002228.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20211215-002251.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-002251.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20211215-002304.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-002304.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 107

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
I got the same issue which everyone else had. My device is certified and I still can't find Netflix in playstore. I know this issue and always knew what to do. Like hiding magisk and rebooting and stuff but it still doesn't work.
Can anyone help?

First, I would advise you to enable Magisk Hide and select Google Play Store and Google Play Services. Then, clear play store data and cache as well as play services cache and data. Reboot the phone afterwards and let me know if it works.

nieminen432

May 25, 2018
So magisk - since v 24 - no longer has hide. Can anyone help me out here? Don't want to go back to stock, but need Netflix and gpay and stuff to work.

So magisk - since v 24 - no longer has hide. Can anyone help me out here? Don't want to go back to stock, but need Netflix and gpay and stuff to work.
Magisk Hide still exists, it's just under the "Deny List" now.
Look under "Settings" in Magisk: then scroll down to -> Configure Deny List.
From there it should all look familiar! 😊
Saw you posted this and didn't want to leave you hanging, hope it helps!

nieminen432

May 25, 2018
Magisk Hide still exists, it's just under the "Deny List" now.
Look under "Settings" in Magisk: then scroll down to -> Configure Deny List.
From there it should all look familiar! 😊
Saw you posted this and didn't want to leave you hanging, hope it helps!
Hey thanks for getting back to me! I was actually able to figure it out with the help of a YouTube video xD. Got full safetyNet attestation. Gpay and financial apps are working as expected.

Now if you could point me at a good wear is rom for my ticwatch c2, that would be awesome 🙂

kash9n

Nov 6, 2016
I uses aurora store on my rooted xiaomi note 8 and install Netflix. Now running smoothly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to install Magisk Canary, once you do so reboot the phone. Wipe Google play stores data and cache.. magisk hide Netflix and the Google Play Services reboot once more. That's how I got mine to work.

So, I managed to root this beauty 1+9 Pro relatively easily.
    I got Magisk installed, and hid all the Apps that needed hiding.
    Even Google Pay works.

But I can't for my sanity figure out why Netflix or Android OS 11 is refusing to let me install Netflix.
    Everytime I try to install the Netflix App latest APK, extracted from my old working phone ( Razer Phone 2 also rooted), it will just give me the error message " Sorry No Application Available "

Does anyone have a clue what can be done to make Netflix install in a rooted 1+9 Pro ?

Thanks.

BTW i tried several Netflix App version already.
    Also I do know the APK works because I used it to install on another Tablet that will not show up Netflix on Google store.
    Is Netflix currently installed as a system app? I wasn't able to uninstall that or get it working, so when I was on 11.2.2.2 I managed to fix it by installing a *newer* version of the Netflix apk that I grabbed from apkpure.com, over top of the system app. Then I had the same issue again on 11.2.4.4, and that method didn't work anymore. However, that time it let me uninstall updates to the app and then update in the play store.
    Install: liboemcrypto disabler
    from Magisk, reboot ....enjoy
    I did this and had the same problem while unrooted, so it turned out to be a waste of time. It seems to have an issue with the unlocked bootloader, not just root. At least with root you can hide unlocked status, which is a step in the right direction. Hide root from Netflix, and also hide magisk app itself in magisk settings.

If you're trying to install Netflix over the system app, make sure to first uninstall updates to the system app so it's the oldest possible version. Then make sure whatever version you're installing on top (whether from play store or APK download) is newer than your installed version. Older versions will not install over newer ones.
    There are sai versions floating around here that work search xda also make sure you magisk hide Netflix before you open it initially. Or hide them clear cache and data on netflix