Question Unable to install TWRP after rooting Redmi Note 11 Pro 5Gv(veux)

Search This thread

tehnooks

Nov 26, 2022
Hello all

I have used the information on here to successfully root my phone (Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G - veux) via magisk but I would like to put TWRP on it however whenever I try to boot the recovery image it does not work. Below I will include the mod el and info of my phone and also the output message of powershell, if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong that will be great.

Untitled.png

I did my flashing with the official mi flash tool to root with magisk but this screenshot from a different author seems to show the information you may need to help me nicely.

Here is the output from powershell when I try to boot the unofficial version I found named "360 pissarro RN 11 Pro+ pjgowtham" which says its for veux but I'm not getting much success.

I have flashed successfully and the drivers seem to be ok and list the device in "fastboot devices" and it is in USB developer mode but other than that I can't figure out why it wont't boot the recovery img so I can install TWRP

I will be eternally grateful if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong or what the actual correct file is

PowerShell Output:
PS C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\platform-tools> fastboot boot C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\recovery.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.086s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 1.101s
PS C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\platform-tools>

friend.evil

Apr 5, 2012
Did you try with command prompt?

cd /d "Adb Destination"

fastboot flash boot recovery.img

tehnooks

Nov 26, 2022
Did you try with command prompt?

cd /d "Adb Destination"

fastboot flash boot recovery.img
Still the same error:

C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot boot recovery.img
Sending 'boot.img' (38418 KB) OKAY [ 1.052s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

EDIT: It did actually work I was missing out the flash command, thank you!

tehnooks

Nov 26, 2022
Still the same error:

Still the same error:

EDIT: AGAIN

Didn't actually work now it's just stuck on the FASTBOOT screen

Heres what I got:
C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot recovery.img
Sending 'boot_a' (38418 KB) OKAY [ 1.031s]
Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.147s]
Finished. Total time: 1.454s

Am I using the wrong set of adb files to flash it with? Im using the platform tools from the android sdk

Last edited:

friend.evil

Apr 5, 2012
Had the same problems first, use command Prompt instead of powershell and make sure drivers are updated.

If you need twrp to install a new Rom follow these steps.

First type: fastboot getvar unlocked to check if it's unlocked.

Second Step is to download 2 Firmwares ( one updated and one slightly older ) from here

Flash up to date Firmware ( Slightly older is downloaded incase there are issues ) and boot to system, enable adb in developer options then use magisk to root phone, flash patched boot img with: fastboot flash boot patchboot.img

Edit: To flash a firmware follow this link and look at 2nd post if software isn't opening ( copy adb files to folder before using flash_all.bat )

After your phone is rooted and you made sure it was functional flash twrp: fastboot flash boot twrp12.img

Go to recovery mode, if the phone doesn't respond with touch display insert a usb c hub and add a mouse.

Download Encryption Disabler from Here and go to adb sideload and install it with adb sideload, next step is to install a Rom.

Mount Everything and wipe data then install Rom with ADB Sideload. ( ArrowOS is good ). Flash ROM then Gapps.

Reactions: tehnooks

tehnooks

Nov 26, 2022
Had the same problems first, use command Prompt instead of powershell and make sure drivers are updated.

Second Step is to download 2 Firmwares ( one updated and one slightly older ) from here

Flash up to date Firmware ( Slightly older is downloaded incase there are issues ) and boot to system, enable adb in developer options then use magisk to root phone, flash patched boot img with: fastboot flash boot patchboot.img

Edit: To flash a firmware follow this link and look at 2nd post if software isn't opening ( copy adb files to folder before using flash_all.bat )

After your phone is rooted and you made sure it was functional flash twrp: fastboot flash boot twrp12.img

Go to recovery mode, if the phone doesn't respond with touch display insert a usb c hub and add a mouse.

Download Encryption Disabler from Here and go to adb sideload and install it with adb sideload, next step is to install a Rom.

Mount Everything and wipe data then install Rom with ADB Sideload. ( ArrowOS is good ). Flash ROM then Gapps.
Which is the most suitable twrp image to use? I cant find one for veux or one named twrp12.img

Thanks!

EDIT: found it at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2_8YAfnWgvoRxIecDtN6JBRYWRKq8Ii/view

Thanks a lot it boots the twrp fine now :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.