Unable to log into premier inn wifi

Search This thread

deanwhite

Nov 10, 2012
I've had this issue in all premier inns I've stayed in.

Basically when I've tried searching for the premier inn WiFi. My nexus 5 finds the WiFi and connects to it OK.
But here is where the fun starts.

Once I'm connected the WiFi asks me to log in which I go ahead and do.

Well try...

As soon as the log in page loads up. Within a second the page disappears and brings up an error sign. If I try pressing back its keeps doing the same.

uploadfromtaptalk1435335087801.png

That's the sign which I keep getting.

I've tried it on the free premier inn and ultimate and still does the same.

I know this is a issue with other nexus 5s as well.

I've spoken to the provider of the WiFi which is arqiva (think its spelt like that). And they couldn't help.

If I use the WiFi as it is with out logging in this is what I'm greeted with when I try to access the internet.

uploadfromtaptalk1435335297100.pnguploadfromtaptalk1435335307242.png

Any help would be appreciated.

I've tried lots of different settings and ways around it but no success.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Try another browser, it's normally chrome doing that

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lachlanmullen

Jul 27, 2009
Houston
As soon as the log in page loads up. Within a second the page disappears and brings up an error sign. If I try pressing back its keeps doing the same.
View attachment 3379676
I've had this bug since 5.1. Self-signed certificates are throwing this error only when clicking on "Sign into WiFi Network," and there's no clickable items on that page.

I tried downloading the self-signed certs from another machine and was able to successfully import them into Android, but I'm still getting the red lock icon.

What I was able to do is - on another machine - get the URL for the network's signon page and save it in your chrome bookmarks.

Next time you get the red lock icon on the signin screen, click on the menu (three-dot) and choose "use this network as-is." Then pop open chrome, click on the bookmark for the network's signon page, and sign in as we used to be able to do.