• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Unable to mount error in TWRP

Search This thread

Injector287

Apr 11, 2020
Hello Everyone, I made a big mistake of installing custom rom and now I can't go back to stock. I got the MIUI Rom from the official c.mi.com site and when I try to flash it I get the following errors. I use Redmi note 10(sunny)

Failed to mount /storage_root Failed to mount /storage_ext Failed to mount /vendor

I tried fixing it by changing file system to ext4 but to no avail, the same error popped up again. I used the TWRP which was permenantly installed and even with a temporarily installed. Idk whether that actually makes a difference. Is there any easy fix to this or is it irrepairable, i would be grateful if you could reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

Edit: Is it possible to use Mi Flash Tool in this situation to revert it back or is that unsafe

Last edited:

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
Hello Everyone, I made a big mistake of installing custom rom and now I can't go back to stock. I got the MIUI Rom from the official c.mi.com site and when I try to flash it I get the following errors. I use Redmi note 10(sunny)

Failed to mount /storage_root Failed to mount /storage_ext Failed to mount /vendor

I tried fixing it by changing file system to ext4 but to no avail, the same error popped up again. I used the TWRP which was permenantly installed and even with a temporarily installed. Idk whether that actually makes a difference. Is there any easy fix to this or is it irrepairable, i would be grateful if you could reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

Edit: Is it possible to use Mi Flash Tool in this situation to revert it back or is that unsafe
Try mi flash but flash all not flash all Lock. It's better to flash with unlock bootloader. Yes you can fix as long your bootloader unlock. Reflash stock MIUI to performing arrange broken partition