Unable to mount /system after failed update

Search This thread

Bamfist

Oct 27, 2015
Yesterday i downloaded the 4.1.5 update via OTA installer in settings, moved the zip to my downloads, went to TWRP wiped data cache and dalvik and flashed it but it gave me an error 7. Currently I have a "Unable to mount /system" problem when i do anything in TWRP. My phone works with the nandroid back up i restored. Root works but the /system isn't mounted according to TWRP which worries me. I want to update to 4.1.5 in the end. Any ideas? Thanks.

Puddi_Puddin

May 10, 2015
Overijssel / Oldenzaal
Yesterday i downloaded the 4.1.5 update via OTA installer in settings, moved the zip to my downloads, went to TWRP wiped data cache and dalvik and flashed it but it gave me an error 7. Currently I have a "Unable to mount /system" problem when i do anything in TWRP. My phone works with the nandroid back up i restored. Root works but the /system isn't mounted according to TWRP which worries me. I want to update to 4.1.5 in the end. Any ideas? Thanks.

In twrp go to settings > mount then select system.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
First, what TWRP are you using?
I recomand eng-stk blu-spark 3.1.1.35.
When you back up in recovery don't check system image.

Bamfist

Oct 27, 2015
First, what TWRP are you using?
I recomand eng-stk blu-spark 3.1.1.35.
When you back up in recovery don't check system image.
As of right now im on 3.1.0-0 twrp. I was able to remount system after wiping it but whenever i go to flash the rom it says no os installed and i get a boot loop on the oxygen logo spinning

akssmax

Jul 23, 2014
You need to Flash oxygen recovery if you want to I install a OTA, you can't install a OTA update via TWRP, just download the oxygen recovery and flash it via twrp (choose flash image from options)!!

akssmax

Jul 23, 2014
Just use Oxygen Recovery! It will work! Twrp doesn't work well with OTA updates, you can install a fresh oxygen os via twrp but you can't update OTA's via twrp

Bamfist

Oct 27, 2015
Once i flash any zip file, the system file size in the backup reads as that huge number again. I'm completely lost on what to do

Bamfist

Oct 27, 2015
Just use Oxygen Recovery! It will work! Twrp doesn't work well with OTA updates, you can install a fresh oxygen os via twrp but you can't update OTA's via twrp

Well in the past I've been able to get full roms of oos to work via twrp. I also dont know hoe to use fastboot even if i wanted to install oxygen recovery :(

akssmax

Jul 23, 2014
Well in the past I've been able to get full roms of oos to work via twrp. I also dont know hoe to use fastboot even if i wanted to install oxygen recovery :(
You can flash Oxygen Recovery with TWRP! TWRP has option to flash recovery image, go to Install> then on right hand bottom corner select IMAGE, then choose Recovery and flash!
Or use the unified op3 toolkit to flash oxygen recovery, you can also switch back easily with the toolkit.

Bamfist

Oct 27, 2015
You can flash Oxygen Recovery with TWRP! TWRP has option to flash recovery image, go to Install> then on right hand bottom corner select IMAGE, then choose Recovery and flash!
Or use the unified op3 toolkit to flash oxygen recovery, you can also switch back easily with the toolkit.

I dont have much experience with Oxygen recovery and i don't want to risk messing something up even further, is there any other solution you can think of?

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
As of right now im on 3.1.0-0 twrp. I was able to remount system after wiping it but whenever i go to flash the rom it says no os installed and i get a boot loop on the oxygen logo spinning

Youre recovery it's old for ob17 or 4.1.5. I recomend custom recovery so you can instal what ever rom you want., twrp eng-stk, blue spark 3.1.1.35
And the message NO os, in twrp it's ok. Some twrp give that message, but if you reboot to system, phone works fine.