Unable to pass SafetyNet

Search This thread

swangjang

Sep 12, 2018
Google Pixel 5
No. I changed it pixel 5. I caught that in the guide and surprised it's not corrected

The guide says 3a because that's what you need your phone's fingerprint to be to pass safetynet. It's not a guide error.
Pixel 5 safetynet uses hardware attestation which is why your eval type says "hardware". Basically, that means it does a "deep scan" of your phone, while Pixel 3a and under only does a "surface scan".
Currently, there's no way to fool the "deep scan" so you have to change your device fingerprint to Pixel 3a, so that safetynet test only does a "surface scan" which is easy to fool.

tlxxxsracer

Jul 28, 2010
San Jose
The guide says 3a because that's what you need your phone's fingerprint to be to pass safetynet. It's not a guide error.
Pixel 5 safetynet uses hardware attestation which is why your eval type says "hardware". Basically, that means it does a "deep scan" of your phone, while Pixel 3a and under only does a "surface scan".
Currently, there's no way to fool the "deep scan" so you have to change your device fingerprint to Pixel 3a, so that safetynet test only does a "surface scan" which is easy to fool.

Thanks for this explanation. I thought it was just an error and having to use pixel 5. I got it to work now :)

KHANrad_SIN

Jul 4, 2014
do you know of any disadvantages of having the "fingerprint" of the phone as a pixel 3a? Like will this affect something else?

cescman

Nov 5, 2013
I have rooted the phone for 2 months and was able to pass safetynet using this method, but today I got the message that I can't use contactless payment, and then when I check safetynet in magisk manager, it failed (only cts profile failed, basic integrity passed and evaltype is basic). I double checked by running props again and found that the device is still simulating 3a. Anyone having the same problem as me?

Last edited:

saabsaviorlee

Feb 17, 2011
Scottsdale Az
I have rooted the phone for 2 months and was able to pass safetynet using this method, but today I got the message that I can't use contactless payment, and then when I check safetynet in magisk manager, it failed (only cts profile failed, basic integrity passed and evaltype is basic). I double checked by running props again and found that the device is still stimulating 3a. Anyone having the same problem as me?
yes same problem here!

QuickInfo

Sep 1, 2012
I have rooted the phone for 2 months and was able to pass safetynet using this method, but today I got the message that I can't use contactless payment, and then when I check safetynet in magisk manager, it failed (only cts profile failed, basic integrity passed and evaltype is basic). I double checked by running props again and found that the device is still stimulating 3a. Anyone having the same problem as me?
Same here I was using Pixel 5 disguised as 4a 5g

swangjang

Sep 12, 2018
Google Pixel 5
Oh **** I just checked and I'm getting the same error. Basicintegrity passes but cts profile fails. Eval type basic. Why the f is google so against rooting? Imagine Microsoft not allowing admin privillages and shutting you down because you edited the registry files...

Reactions: Nicknoxx

thehairyviking69

May 8, 2016

Same here

Reactions: pablo103

piponomarev

Jun 28, 2015
Oh **** I just checked and I'm getting the same error. Basicintegrity passes but cts profile fails. Eval type basic. Why the f is google so against rooting? Imagine Microsoft not allowing admin privillages and shutting you down because you edited the registry files...
Same issue here ctsProfile is failing
Did you guys try this module for Magisk?

Attachments

• Redfin.A11.January.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Michael1200

Nov 16, 2016
Same for me - can't pass CtsProfile anymore. I noticed it today through the GPay notification, which says my phone doesn't meet device standards for contactless payments.

Has anyone tried the magisk module? What does it do?

amajamar

May 15, 2014
Same problem. Pixel 3 running stock rooted. Last time this happened (a few months ago), the Build.Props module fixed it. Now, not so much. Still using basic eval; cts profile fail. Have we finally been locked us out of GPay???

Michael1200

Nov 16, 2016
I just found a fix. Download and flash following magisk module. Keep in mind that you need to unzip and rezip the raw files again, as otherwise the files will be inside a folder inside the zip.

You can read more about the recent safetyNet change here.

//EDIT: You can directly download the flashable zip without having to rezip the raw files here.

Last edited:

amajamar

May 15, 2014
I just found a fix. Download and flash following magisk module. Keep in mind that you need to unzip and rezip the raw files again, as otherwise the files will be inside a folder inside the zip.

I'm running 10... will it still work? Nevermind. just went to site and found out, no.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

//EDIT: You can directly download the flashable zip without having to rezip the raw files here.
    An interesting note about this fix - before I learned about it, I was trying to troubleshoot and ultimately uninstalled Magisk. Before I did that, I reverted props back to Pixel 5 - this fix appears to be passing SafetyNet with Pixel 5 props.
    kdrag0n updated his Github repository with Magisk-flashable-ready zips: https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
    As well as support for older versions of Android, and some other code changes for increased reliability (though this aspect seems to be applicable for older devices).

This is some incredible work - I highly encourage those who have the financial ability (or at least just pitch in a buck) to pitch in a donation for the dev, which is linked on the release. Hopefully devs like him stay on top of this cat and mouse game with Google. So many hours upon hours go into developing stuff like this, and often these devs go uncompensated. Yes, I'm aware these forums are built on the principle of sharing, but sometimes devs just deserve a little something. This is definitely something worth pitching in for. I hope others do the same. =)
    No. I changed it pixel 5. I caught that in the guide and surprised it's not corrected

Universal fix works great.

Off topic: has anyone noticed that you can uninstall gpay and still use gpay on the P5? I guess play services saves the card info and allows you still use contactless payment without the actual app being installed, until you delete play services data though.

Yes, that's correct. The actual payment cards are stored inside Play Services. That means you can manage Google Pay without the app itself inside settings --> Google --> account services --> Google Pay.