Unable to pass SafetyNet

dragos281993

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
I just found a fix. Download and flash following magisk module. Keep in mind that you need to unzip and rezip the raw files again, as otherwise the files will be inside a folder inside the zip.

You can read more about the recent safetyNet change here.
Works like a charm. Lucky me that this morning I froze my banking apps with Titanium backup and then I flashed a custom kernel followed by a safetynet check 2 hours later, which turned red, to my surprise. Then I got here and thanks to this module, I'm still rooted. So thanks for the link!

yickhcr

Jun 15, 2018
Markham
I just found a fix. Download and flash following magisk module. Keep in mind that you need to unzip and rezip the raw files again, as otherwise the files will be inside a folder inside the zip.

This worked in that Check SafetyNet now says Success for both basicaIntegrity and ctsProfile, but for some reason my Google Pay still wouldnt work and says my device is rooted.
I am using Pixel 5 (showing as 4a 5G)

cescman

Nov 5, 2013
This worked in that Check SafetyNet now says Success for both basicaIntegrity and ctsProfile, but for some reason my Google Pay still wouldnt work and says my device is rooted.
I am using Pixel 5 (showing as 4a 5G)
So it worked for you before by simulating 4a 5G? the guide says the latest device we can use is 3a, as it is the last device to use basic attestation

cescman

Nov 5, 2013

It worked for me, thank you
For those who still have the warning message inside the google pay app after flashing the module, you may need to refresh inside the app by swiping down

yickhcr

Jun 15, 2018
Markham
So it worked for you before by simulating 4a 5G? the guide says the latest device we can use is 3a, as it is the last device to use basic attestation
yea 4a 5G worked for me, safetyNet and Google pay worked, until yesterday. This morning i flashed this universal safetynet fix, which appears to pass magisk's check safetynet now, but google pay still see my phone as rooted.

amsamson

Dec 20, 2013
I'm having the same issue, but here's a new twist. I tried fully uninstalling Magisk, and Google Pay STILL says there's a root issue, even with stock boot image. Any ideas on this?

*EDIT* Is the issue actually that the bootloader is unlocked?

cescman

Nov 5, 2013
yea 4a 5G worked for me, safetyNet and Google pay worked, until yesterday. This morning i flashed this universal safetynet fix, which appears to pass magisk's check safetynet now, but google pay still see my phone as rooted.
Try clear Google play service data

sheytoon123

Jun 7, 2012

Sorry for the noob question, but how do you flash the .zip file exactly? Is it magisk > modules > install from storage? I tried that with the unmodified zip, as well as extracting all contents, then re-zipping only the files without the directory as suggested, but in both cases it says "This zip is not a Magisk Module!"

amsamson

Dec 20, 2013
An interesting note about this fix - before I learned about it, I was trying to troubleshoot and ultimately uninstalled Magisk. Before I did that, I reverted props back to Pixel 5 - this fix appears to be passing SafetyNet with Pixel 5 props.

Last edited:

amsamson

Dec 20, 2013
Sorry for the noob question, but how do you flash the .zip file exactly? Is it magisk > modules > install from storage? I tried that with the unmodified zip, as well as extracting all contents, then re-zipping only the files without the directory as suggested, but in both cases it says "This zip is not a Magisk Module!"
Had a similar issue, and I'm not sure why. It seemed maybe my phone wasn't saving right? You do need to go to Magisk ->modules ->install from storage. Initially, I had the file zipped and I tried to upload/download from my desktop through Google Drive and that didn't work. I got the same error. Instead, I emailed it to myself and downloaded it from the email to my phone. That seemed to work. Not sure if I'm allowed to give attach the ZIP file I used here, but I'm happy to provide it...

Reactions: sheytoon123

yickhcr

Jun 15, 2018
Markham
An interesting note about this fix - before I learned about it, I was trying to troubleshoot and ultimately uninstalled Magisk. Before I did that, I reverted props back to Pixel 5 - this fix appears to be passing SafetyNet with Pixel 5 props.
You are right! Thanks, i disabled props device simulation and safetnet still pass as Pixel 5.

Reactions: amsamson

sheytoon123

Jun 7, 2012
Had a similar issue, and I'm not sure why. It seemed maybe my phone wasn't saving right? You do need to go to Magisk ->modules ->install from storage. Initially, I had the file zipped and I tried to upload/download from my desktop through Google Drive and that didn't work. I got the same error. Instead, I emailed it to myself and downloaded it from the email to my phone. That seemed to work. Not sure if I'm allowed to give attach the ZIP file I used here, but I'm happy to provide it...
Thanks, that worked!

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
New Jersey
kdrag0n updated his Github repository with Magisk-flashable-ready zips: https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
As well as support for older versions of Android, and some other code changes for increased reliability (though this aspect seems to be applicable for older devices).

This is some incredible work - I highly encourage those who have the financial ability (or at least just pitch in a buck) to pitch in a donation for the dev, which is linked on the release. Hopefully devs like him stay on top of this cat and mouse game with Google. So many hours upon hours go into developing stuff like this, and often these devs go uncompensated. Yes, I'm aware these forums are built on the principle of sharing, but sometimes devs just deserve a little something. This is definitely something worth pitching in for. I hope others do the same. =)

cescman

Nov 5, 2013
kdrag0n updated his Github repository with Magisk-flashable-ready zips: https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
As well as support for older versions of Android, and some other code changes for increased reliability (though this aspect seems to be applicable for older devices).

This is some incredible work - I highly encourage those who have the financial ability (or at least just pitch in a buck) to pitch in a donation for the dev, which is linked on the release. Hopefully devs like him stay on top of this cat and mouse game with Google. So many hours upon hours go into developing stuff like this, and often these devs go uncompensated. Yes, I'm aware these forums are built on the principle of sharing, but sometimes devs just deserve a little something. This is definitely something worth pitching in for. I hope others do the same. =)
Thanks for the suggestion. I usually support developers when I download their free app with voluntary donation, as Google pay make it easy to do it. I think I will do more, for development other than an app, like this one

Reactions: i5lee8bit

cescman

Nov 5, 2013

Just tried to contribute a cup of coffee, but found that PayPal charges A LOT. More than half of my intended amount. May I confirm this is the norm before I do the transfer?
Screenshot_20210114-171952~2.png

Reactions: i5lee8bit

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
New Jersey
Just tried to contribute a cup of coffee, but found that PayPal charges A LOT. More than half of my intended amount. May I confirm this is the norm before I do the transfer?View attachment 5186939
Wow, that... doesn't seem normal. Are you outside of USA? For me it was only about a 5% fee (I donated the same amount, $10, and the fee would have been about 50¢). I'm from inside the USA. I ended up paying from my bank / checking account funds anyway, as there was no fee with that option. Not sure why they're charging such an exorbitant fee!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone