Unable to pass SafetyNet

Search This thread

choder

Feb 26, 2010
I just found a fix. Download and flash following magisk module. Keep in mind that you need to unzip and rezip the raw files again, as otherwise the files will be inside a folder inside the zip.

You can read more about the recent safetyNet change here.

This worked for me as well! Thanks.

cubandanger05

Dec 22, 2009
OnePlus 5T
Google Pixel 5
Universal fix works great.

Off topic: has anyone noticed that you can uninstall gpay and still use gpay on the P5? I guess play services saves the card info and allows you still use contactless payment without the actual app being installed, until you delete play services data though.

Reactions: vdevl

Michael1200

Nov 16, 2016

Off topic: has anyone noticed that you can uninstall gpay and still use gpay on the P5? I guess play services saves the card info and allows you still use contactless payment without the actual app being installed, until you delete play services data though.

Yes, that's correct. The actual payment cards are stored inside Play Services. That means you can manage Google Pay without the app itself inside settings --> Google --> account services --> Google Pay.

cescman

Nov 5, 2013
Wow, that... doesn't seem normal. Are you outside of USA? For me it was only about a 5% fee (I donated the same amount, $10, and the fee would have been about 50¢). I'm from inside the USA. I ended up paying from my bank / checking account funds anyway, as there was no fee with that option. Not sure why they're charging such an exorbitant fee!
Yes, I am from outside the USA.
So I guess I still have to accept their greediness, as that's the only method the developer provide for donation

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Smart Watches
Android Wear
I just found a fix. Download and flash following magisk module. Keep in mind that you need to unzip and rezip the raw files again, as otherwise the files will be inside a folder inside the zip.

I've used Magisk for a long time but I'm a noob at flashing modules. What do you mean about "unzip and rezip the raw files again"? It seems to me that would just recreate the same zip again. Could you or someone please provide a step by step explanation?

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
New Jersey
I've used Magisk for a long time but I'm a noob at flashing modules. What do you mean about "unzip and rezip the raw files again"? It seems to me that would just recreate the same zip again. Could you or someone please provide a step by step explanation?

Not applicable anymore. The new releases are already Magisk flashable-zip ready. Just download the release and flash in Magisk Manager.

Jimmy Stat

Mar 10, 2019
NYC & Louisville
I've followed the steps here https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-5/how-to/tutorial-unlock-bootloader-root-valid-t4178673

I'm still unable to pass CTS though. Any other recommendations? I've factory reset and re-did the steps above without success.

Eval type shows hardware.. my pixel 4 shows basic.
Hey someone just helped me with this so I figured I'd help out as well. Try this safety net fix on git hub

Michael1200

Nov 16, 2016
Safety Net is passing on my P5 but Gpay still shows an error. Any ideas?

Can you describe the error you're getting in the GPay app?

When you open Play Store, open the left menu, go into settings and scroll to the bottom. Does it say Play Protect certified or not?

If not, force close Play Store and delete cache + app data and reboot your phone. Now it should say certified and GPay should also work again.

joreijo

Feb 6, 2017
Can you describe the error you're getting in the GPay app?

When you open Play Store, open the left menu, go into settings and scroll to the bottom. Does it say Play Protect certified or not?

If not, force close Play Store and delete cache + app data and reboot your phone. Now it should say certified and GPay should also work again.
Well Play Protect seems fine, cleared cache and data of Playstore, the error prompt in gpay ist gone. However it still shows "paying method can't be set up". Strangely in the power menu the cards show up. Haven't tried paying with it yet

joreijo

Feb 6, 2017
Well Play Protect seems fine, cleared cache and data of Playstore, the error prompt in gpay ist gone. However it still shows "paying method can't be set up". Strangely in the power menu the cards show up. Haven't tried paying with it yet
When I click "finish setup for mobile payments" in GPay it says my device doesn't meet the security requirements :/

ecompton59

Jan 9, 2015
Lexington,sc
Moto E4
OnePlus 8T
i have OnePlus 8t google thinks i have pixel 5 chance fingerprint to pixel 5 or whater pass safety net i have xposed installed on top and still pass stock didn't its called magisk hide props config it will work i had to add new props because im not a pixel 5 you just need option 1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-142422.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-142422.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 43

dyingearth

Aug 28, 2010
Los Angeles

//EDIT: You can directly download the flashable zip without having to rezip the raw files here.

Thanks, this works. I actually went back and clear the fingerprint and it's now reporting as Pixel 5 and safetynet still passes.

Last edited:

Eiad Ajam

Jul 24, 2012
Homs
I have a strange situation in my phone Pixel 5
Imy phone does not passes saftey net in cts profile (Hardware)
However, every single banking/nfc payment apps and some government ID apps working great

Even Gpay is working fine

What could be my situation here?

theistus

Mar 27, 2010

//EDIT: You can directly download the flashable zip without having to rezip the raw files here.

Thanks, that worked a treat on my pixel 4a 5g!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

An interesting note about this fix - before I learned about it, I was trying to troubleshoot and ultimately uninstalled Magisk. Before I did that, I reverted props back to Pixel 5 - this fix appears to be passing SafetyNet with Pixel 5 props.
    kdrag0n updated his Github repository with Magisk-flashable-ready zips: https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
    As well as support for older versions of Android, and some other code changes for increased reliability (though this aspect seems to be applicable for older devices).

This is some incredible work - I highly encourage those who have the financial ability (or at least just pitch in a buck) to pitch in a donation for the dev, which is linked on the release. Hopefully devs like him stay on top of this cat and mouse game with Google. So many hours upon hours go into developing stuff like this, and often these devs go uncompensated. Yes, I'm aware these forums are built on the principle of sharing, but sometimes devs just deserve a little something. This is definitely something worth pitching in for. I hope others do the same. =)
    No. I changed it pixel 5. I caught that in the guide and surprised it's not corrected

The guide says 3a because that's what you need your phone's fingerprint to be to pass safetynet. It's not a guide error.
    Pixel 5 safetynet uses hardware attestation which is why your eval type says "hardware". Basically, that means it does a "deep scan" of your phone, while Pixel 3a and under only does a "surface scan".
    Currently, there's no way to fool the "deep scan" so you have to change your device fingerprint to Pixel 3a, so that safetynet test only does a "surface scan" which is easy to fool.

Yes, that's correct. The actual payment cards are stored inside Play Services. That means you can manage Google Pay without the app itself inside settings --> Google --> account services --> Google Pay.