• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Unable to reboot phone "system updating...please wait"

Search This thread

izopi4a

Apr 16, 2015
i got a mi 11 (stock, Europe), it is 2 weeks now i am stuck with this problem.

something crashes (it is visible while I use my phone, like 9gag for example, and all of sudden it closes.) after the crash, chrome doesn't open pages, different apps don't open as well ( they open and immediately gets closed)

this is all fine, I don't care about software issues like this, my problem is holding the power button doesn't display the reboot menu. Instead with a small text on the bottom I see "system updating...please wait". there is no need to mention that waiting won't help. The only way I found to reboot my phone is through battery -> plan a shutdown in a min or two -> wait -> boot the phone.

this happens like 10 times already and it is really annoying, does someone knows a fix for this, or a quicker way to reboot my phone?

Hunteres

Nov 4, 2010
Dublin

something crashes (it is visible while I use my phone, like 9gag for example, and all of sudden it closes.) after the crash, chrome doesn't open pages, different apps don't open as well ( they open and immediately gets closed)

this is all fine, I don't care about software issues like this, my problem is holding the power button doesn't display the reboot menu. Instead with a small text on the bottom I see "system updating...please wait". there is no need to mention that waiting won't help. The only way I found to reboot my phone is through battery -> plan a shutdown in a min or two -> wait -> boot the phone.

this happens like 10 times already and it is really annoying, does someone knows a fix for this, or a quicker way to reboot my phone?

Must be a software bug are you familiar with miflash? Did you unlock bootloader?

But first back up and do factory reset.

Reactions: izopi4a

mcchecker

Oct 14, 2011
I had that same problem. After I've deleted the updater app datat and Cache it was working normal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Must be a software bug are you familiar with miflash? Did you unlock bootloader?

But first back up and do factory reset.