• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unable to unlock bootloader for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Search This thread

RikSantra

Nov 30, 2020
Gangtok
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
I have been trying to root my Zenfone Max Pro M2, I was following this guide by the forum, however when I installed all drivers and rebooted into bootloader using adb, the phone's screen showed 'CSM Fastboot Mode' for a second and then everything became black with only a small text on the upper left corner saying 'press power button to shut down' on pressing power button it only booted to normally. On using fastboot on the black screen itself, it showed no devices attached.

RikSantra

Nov 30, 2020
Gangtok
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
There was a reply on the guide I followed saying that's it's because of different types of adb drivers installed at once. Although even after uninstall all of the ADB Drivers, and reinstalling only the one I needed still didn't work. Therefore I tried Ubuntu, which worked but as soon as I started the unlock script, the script either got stuck in the middle or it got stuck and the error showed on the phone again.

RikSantra

Nov 30, 2020
Gangtok
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
Yep let me know if it worked or not
alright no that's didnt work, i don't know its the phone or the pc anymore. The Asus Flash Tool prompted me to reboot but when I pressed on 'apply update from ADB' and after that when I pressed resume on the App, it just didn't work. The process didn't even start. I tried doing
Code:
adb sideload <filename>
but that didn't work either.

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
alright no that's didnt work, i don't know its the phone or the pc anymore. The Asus Flash Tool prompted me to reboot but when I pressed on 'apply update from ADB' and after that when I pressed resume on the App, it just didn't work. The process didn't even start. I tried doing
Code:
adb sideload <filename>
Are you using usb 3.0?

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Code:
adb sideload <filename>
You've to download the matching Stock ROM to your PC as 1st thing of all things.

Then in ASUS Zenfone Flash Tool you select as firmware the downloaded one, click FLASH button and you are done.
Image-3-1.jpg

IMO can't be so difficult. :)

Complete guide here:

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
You've to download the matching Stock ROM to your PC as 1st thing of all things.

Then in ASUS Zenfone Flash Tool you select as firmware the downloaded one, click FLASH button and you are done.
Image-3-1.jpg

Complete guide here:
Hey dude, people say it doesn't work if it's connected to USB 3.0
It works on USB 2.0 hubs or USB 1.1 🤔

RikSantra

Nov 30, 2020
Gangtok
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Image-3-1.jpg

Complete guide here:
Yes, I downloaded the correct firmware file,
pressed on browse,
selected the zip file
pressed on start.
then it restarted my phone and told me to select the 'Apply update from ADB' and then it told me to press on the 'resume' button and I did that, the progress indicator showed up and then suddenly disappeared and the resume button appeared again. I spammed it and yet it didn't seem to work.

Top Liked Posts