Unable to unlock bootloader for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Search This thread

RikSantra

Nov 30, 2020
Gangtok
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
I have been trying to root my Zenfone Max Pro M2, I was following this guide by the forum, however when I installed all drivers and rebooted into bootloader using adb, the phone's screen showed 'CSM Fastboot Mode' for a second and then everything became black with only a small text on the upper left corner saying 'press power button to shut down' on pressing power button it only booted to normally. On using fastboot on the black screen itself, it showed no devices attached.

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Yes, I downloaded the correct firmware file,
pressed on browse,
selected the zip file
pressed on start.
then it restarted my phone and told me to select the 'Apply update from ADB' and then it told me to press on the 'resume' button and I did that, the progress indicator showed up and then suddenly disappeared and the resume button appeared again. I spammed it and yet it didn't seem to work.
Do you have a usb hub?

RikSantra

Nov 30, 2020
Gangtok
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
I tried this and well, the screen stayed at CSC Fastboot Mode for like 30 secs. The flash tool was stuck with the following on it:
Code:
------------------------
Begin fastboot flashall
------------------------
Earse Data: Yes
Support All device

but after a few seconds windows played the sound it plays when a device is connected and the the screen again went back to being black with that same error.

Dipankar 7

Jul 13, 2021
India
I tried this and well, the screen stayed at CSC Fastboot Mode for like 30 secs. The flash tool was stuck with the following on it:
Code:
------------------------
Begin fastboot flashall
------------------------
Earse Data: Yes
Support All device

but after a few seconds windows played the sound it plays when a device is connected and the the screen again went back to being black with that same error.
Same here

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
1. Start an admin PowerShell (or admin CMD if you want). You can right click on the start button and select "PowerShell (Administrator)".

2. Enter the following commands to create 3 registry entries.

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "osvc" /t REG_BINARY /d "0000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipContainerIdQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipBOSDescriptorQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f

3. Restart your phone, let it enter fastboot mode, and then connect to the computer. At this point, the unlocking should proceed normally, and the device no longer disappears from the "fastboot devices" result and Windows Device Manager.
Use at your own risk, I sourced this from a old XDA post about windows and a Mi Mix with the exact issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    I have been trying to root my Zenfone Max Pro M2, I was following this guide by the forum, however when I installed all drivers and rebooted into bootloader using adb, the phone's screen showed 'CSM Fastboot Mode' for a second and then everything became black with only a small text on the upper left corner saying 'press power button to shut down' on pressing power button it only booted to normally. On using fastboot on the black screen itself, it showed no devices attached.
    If not already done yet install the Asus USB Driver

D
    Deleted member 1890170
    @RikSantra

Why don't simply make use of ASUS Unlock Bootloader Tool?
    Alright i'll give it a try, thanks.
    Unlocking
    1. Download this rar and you'll get 2 folders namely unlock and ASUS_Android_USB_drivers_for_Windows
    2. Install the drivers according to your OS and go the unlock folder
    3. Reboot your phone to fastboot mode by pressing volume up + power on at the same time.
    4. Connect it to pc and open unlock.bat in unlockfolder
    5. Done

TWRP
    1. Download TWRP or RWRP
    2. Follow instructions from there.

Rooting
    1. Download magisk from op
    2. And flash as a regular zip in TWRP.
    3. Done.

Disable Forced Encryption
    Go here and follow instruction.
    If you get stuck on ASUS Logo or bootloop, it should fix that.

Optional:
    Enable Camera2 API

Relock (NOT TESTED NOT SUGGESTED)
    1. Boot to fastboot and enter following commands one by one
    Code:
    fastboot flashing lock
    fastboot flashing lock_critical
    or try relocking script
    1. Extract the relock.rar and copy/move relock.bat/relock.sh to unlock folder
    2. Open relock.bat/relock.sh
    3. Wish for the best
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    @RikSantra

I think the only way to fix your issue is flash a full stock image. :)
    Here