• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unable to update Arrow OS latest updates from May manually in TWRP

Search This thread

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
Hello community!

Hope you are doing awesome, I am trying to install specifically the update from the 18 th of May (latest while doing this post) so when I downloaded it I go to TWRP and this is what I done

1)Place my pin and decrypt the device
2) Perform a format Data > Yes
3) Wipe cache, dalvik, internal
4) Restart to Recovery
5) Install the update all seems to be fine and reboot to system

The Phone boots to Poco screen and then vibrates and then gets me back to TWRP. I manage one time to get it worked and got in the config page from the customer rom a UI unresponsive message and is unable to connect to my Wifi so I have to use the Data 4G to make it work and I rolledback to April version of Arrow OS that seems to be the one working now.

The Miui stock that I am using to install the customer Rom is surya_global_images_V12.0.8.0.QJGMIXM_20210222.0000.00_10.0_global

Could you please provide some hints and tips what I am doing wrong so I can get this updates up to date? Because I love the Arrow OS Rom and I want to keep the firmware updated correclty on my side.

Thank you!

koelbche

May 21, 2021
I am very interested, too. Got the same problem. After latest OTA-Update I'm stuck in a recovery bootloop as well.
Sadly even the attempt to flash back an older version or a MIUI Stock rom is failing for me now. Always recovery bootloop, even after a successfull flash without errors (and format data of course) .

Is the stock rom or an older arrow os version working for you, after the 18th May update?

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
@koelbche I was able to make a stock based on the stock fw shown on my post. then I installed old version of arrow OS April update and it was restarting bootloop.

I had to delete data, factory reset and select de wipe options so super clean flash and manage to boot it up.

I am waiting for any updates from others that manage to install the updates because I was not able to do it.

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
I was able to make it worked in another post.

All I have to do was to update the version of the stock with Oss vendor (I think) and then all worked like a charm!.

Thanks for the replies though 😀