• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Unable to update gear

Search This thread

Chims82

Jan 19, 2014
I rooted my gear and installed twrp. I am unable to check for updates via the gear manager. It says "Your Gear has been modified. Software updates are not available." How can I remove this status so I can update normally again while still keeping root?

misticjeff

Nov 26, 2009
Las Vegas
The null_ ROM always has the most up to date base. So, just install null_ and you're off and running. Opens up much more functionality as well. Current null_ version is 19.

Sent from the Starship Enterprise using my custom modded Tricorder.

Reactions: spaced_out

Chims82

Jan 19, 2014
The null_ ROM always has the most up to date base. So, just install null_ and you're off and running. Opens up much more functionality as well. Current null_ version is 19.

I have a NULL backup but I found the screen too small to take any real advantage from it so I restored my stock backup. I know I can use the touchwiz launcher to go into stock with NULL but I didn't like that the button didn't bring me back to the home screen and all the extra applications it added that I couldn't uninstall because they were system apps. Maybe I should just flash back to pure stock and take twrp off or something although I would like twrp in case something gets messed up.

haterchippy

Jan 28, 2014
ya I have the same problem I dont like the fact that if u press the side button it doesn't go to the home screen do u know how u could fix that

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Chims82

Jan 19, 2014
ya I have the same problem I dont like the fact that if u press the side button it doesn't go to the home screen do u know how u could fix that

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

I think you can do some editing to remove the home button remap. I saw it somewhere in here in the forum but I was too lazy to do it and just restored stock.

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I think you can do some editing to remove the home button remap. I saw it somewhere in here in the forum but I was too lazy to do it and just restored stock.

Just reflash the rom and untick the home button remap mod in aroma.. its so easy.. less effort then flashing stock.

Chims82

Jan 19, 2014
Just reflash the rom and untick the home button remap mod in aroma.. its so easy.. less effort then flashing stock.

I would at this point if it took me out of custom status but from the research I have done it doesn't look like that's possible unless I unroot and install stock. I guess I will just wait until the next major update and then flash it back then.

G

GuestK00338

Download stock rom from the dedicated thread for stock roms and flash it with odin. As long as you dont root it/flash custom recovery you should be able to updata via gear manager.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.