Question Unable to update Google Play System Update

Search This thread

RavzsTez

Aug 21, 2018
I have rooted my mobile, and safteynet is success, Device is also showing certified in play store settings but i'm unable to update google play system update in security status in settings.
Its showing update available but when I try to do it, asks me to reboot to complete the installation and when I do so it reboots twice and update doesn't happens. Currently its on April 1, 2021.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Screenshots? (Make it English, I don't understand Hindi)

I don't really get what you mean.

Security update is not through Playstore.
The ROM provider has to update it.

My bad, I'm out-dated.

MIUI OTA update cannot be done when you have root.

Play service should be auto-updated.

Last edited:

RavzsTez

Aug 21, 2018
Screenshot_2021-05-14-19-53-47-798_com.android.vending.jpg

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019

Did you try uninstall Magisk, reboot and see if it can update?

I found some reddit having same issues. They had miui 12 android 10.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/khkf3c
If you don't want to uninstall Magisk or factory reset, you can try as here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ate-manually-on-any-android-phone-10.4197723/

If you had uninstall Magisk, reboot, but it still cannot update, then you might need to try factory reset.

If factory reset and no magisk installed still won't have this Google Play system update installed, then it's MIUI's fault.

Last edited:

stunned

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I have rooted my mobile, and safteynet is success, Device is also showing certified in play store settings but i'm unable to update google play system update in security status in settings.
Its showing update available but when I try to do it, asks me to reboot to complete the installation and when I do so it reboots twice and update doesn't happens. Currently its on April 1, 2021.
April might be the latest available. I just checked and had March update and after update and restart it is now April and doesn't offer updates

RavzsTez

Aug 21, 2018
Did you try uninstall Magisk, reboot and see if it can update?

I found some reddit having same issues. They had miui 12 android 10.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/khkf3c
If you don't want to uninstall Magisk or factory reset, you can try as here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ate-manually-on-any-android-phone-10.4197723/

If you had uninstall Magisk, reboot, but it still cannot update, then you might need to try factory reset.

If factory reset and no magisk installed still won't have this Google Play system update installed, then it's MIUI's fault.
A) I tried this app already, it just changes the date and that too without any reboot. If we download update from phone it requires reboot where as this app just installed and date changed and app disappeared without reboot. Previously it was march, after installing it went to April but still the same update is showing.
B) Uninstalling magisk means just removing the app or complete unrooting the device?

Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
A) I tried this app already, it just changes the date and that too without any reboot. If we download update from phone it requires reboot where as this app just installed and date changed and app disappeared without reboot. Previously it was march, after installing it went to April but still the same update is showing.
B) Uninstalling magisk means just removing the app or complete unrooting the device?

I checked the security update in ArrowOS, it's on May 5th, so there's sure an update.

A) I checked the app on that website I provided, and they had only the April update, so you don't find anything changing.

B) I mean unrooting. Removing the app only but there's still something modified in the boot partition by Magisk.

RavzsTez

Aug 21, 2018
I checked the security update in ArrowOS, it's on May 5th, so there's sure an update.

A) I checked the app on that website I provided, and they had only the April update, so you don't find anything changing.

B) I mean unrooting. Removing the app only but there's still something modified in the boot partition by Magisk.
So unrooting and updating is the only option, but if I unroot then device shows not certified and not able to login into any google services and hence cant update that also

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
So unrooting and updating is the only option, but if I unroot then device shows not certified and not able to login into any google services and hence cant update that also
If unrooting is problematic for you, then stay with the April 1st security.

Until the apk website provide a newer update, then you can use it.

Or maybe you can ask ArrowOS if they have an APK for you to install it manually.

RavzsTez

Aug 21, 2018
There's Magisk update, v23.0.

Before try flashing MIUI by Xiaomi.eu, you can try Magisk v23.0 and see if it will allow the security update, maybe it will work.

If you are already on Magisk v23.0, then ignore this reply.
I'm already on v23 , and even I thought the same thing like u said to try Xiaomi.eu.
But I have some doubts on that rom
1- can I get ota updates
2- should I have stock recovery or twrp for updating ota
3- consider after installing ota will the custom recovery be gone?
4- This EU rom installing for first time on X3 pro, can I install using twrp or I need flash tool and EU fastboot rom?
5- currently any custom recovery is not able to read internal files when I'm in recovery mode, why is this so? Is it my issue or for everyone?
6- If point 6 is true then how to install the rom? Even if I place rom in root folder it's not showing in recovery
7- if I get ota then is it just the update I receive or complete rom file I need to download again?
8- will I need to format everytime for every ota update?

Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Thank for clearing my doubt
Thought of another way to try.

Press the "download & install" in security update.

You said then it tells you to reboot. Don't reboot yet.

Go into Magisk and uninstall Magisk.

After Magisk said it's uninstalled, then you press reboot.

So you get the system planned to install the security update after reboot, and have Magisk uninstalled.

See if this helps.

xelrix

Feb 1, 2014
I'm already on v23 , and even I thought the same thing like u said to try Xiaomi.eu.
But I have some doubts on that rom
1- can I get ota updates
2- should I have stock recovery or twrp for updating ota
3- consider after installing ota will the custom recovery be gone?
4- This EU rom installing for first time on X3 pro, can I install using twrp or I need flash tool and EU fastboot rom?
5- currently any custom recovery is not able to read internal files when I'm in recovery mode, why is this so? Is it my issue or for everyone?
6- If point 6 is true then how to install the rom? Even if I place rom in root folder it's not showing in recovery
7- if I get ota then is it just the update I receive or complete rom file I need to download again?
8- will I need to format everytime for every ota update?
1. Yes you'll get ota
2. Stay with twrp
3. Twrp stays
4. You can install miui eu with twrp but may requires format data. You could try dirty flash but expect issues
5. Yes it's normal because of data encryption. Not just you. But the latest twrp by nebrassy can decrypt and mount data properly
6. You can use sd card or otg
7. Updater handles it
8. No unless specifically being told to

RavzsTez

Aug 21, 2018

So you get the system planned to install the security update after reboot, and have Magisk uninstalled.

See if this helps.
I'll try this but, I want to flash EU rom and try it out

RavzsTez

Aug 21, 2018
1. Yes you'll get ota
2. Stay with twrp
3. Twrp stays
4. You can install miui eu with twrp but may requires format data. You could try dirty flash but expect issues
5. Yes it's normal because of data encryption. Not just you. But the latest twrp by nebrassy can decrypt and mount data properly
6. You can use sd card or otg
7. Updater handles it
8. No unless specifically being told to
So EU rom has inbuilt custom recovery? If so what is the name of recovery it has?
Also will the device be certified without rooting? like pass safteynet and google services able to login?
I'm currently on nebrassy recovery , but still unable to read system files when I'm in recovery mode

Last edited:

xelrix

Feb 1, 2014
So EU rom has inbuilt custom recovery? If so what is the name of recovery it has?
Also will the device be certified without rooting? like pass safteynet and google services able to login?
I'm currently on nebrassy recovery , but still unable to read system files when I'm in recovery mode
No it doesn't have its own custom recovery.
Yes it will be certified oob.
Try setting up a pin code. On start up, it would attempt to decrypt by asking you to put in pin code.

RavzsTez

Aug 21, 2018
No it doesn't have its own custom recovery.
Yes it will be certified oob.
Try setting up a pin code. On start up, it would attempt to decrypt by asking you to put in pin code.
Or should i use Disable Force encryption? Will there be any issue if i use that?
Also please share the file

RavzsTez

Aug 21, 2018

See if this helps.
Currently which custom recovery is better for installing custom Rom?

Last edited: