• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Unable to update since april

Search This thread

alizaouil

Mar 22, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello i have xiaomi mi 11 china version i download the miui 12.5.1 and rooted it in april following this post ( . Until now no updates have been available and it has been very buggy . So i decided to update to a newer version of miui the 12.5.6 trough the choose an update package option in the settings i choose the file that i have downloaded from xiaomi.eu and then they say
Screenshot_2021-10-23-23-49-54-161_com.android.updater.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-23-23-49-56-796_com.android.updater.jpg
but the problem is that i cannot press yes it doesn't let me anyone got an idea why ?

Hunteres

Nov 4, 2010
Dublin
Hello i have xiaomi mi 11 china version i download the miui 12.5.1 and rooted it in april following this post ( . Until now no updates have been available and it has been very buggy . So i decided to update to a newer version of miui the 12.5.6 trough the choose an update package option in the settings i choose the file that i have downloaded from xiaomi.eu and then they sayView attachment 5439867View attachment 5439865 but the problem is that i cannot press yes it doesn't let me anyone got an idea why ?
The way you update is that you download the package like you did..... Then reboot manually into twrp....twrp will ask you for screen unlock pass..then locate the downloaded file..then you flash it and thats it....no issue there

alizaouil

Mar 22, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11
I got it yo work flashed it with fastboot but the miui 12.6 that is running android 12 keeps crashing , it shuts down by itself randomly moh and android 12 doesn't support twrp when ever i go into twrp it freezes can't press anything

sweatbox

Jun 25, 2012
Bochum
How

How Can i not loose my data w my apks to i only want to upgrade
You will have to loose your data. You were on stable 12.5.1.0, I think original miui cn, and switched to xiaomi.eu weekly. Otherwise you can get rondom crashes of system and apps. So it's recommended by switching to format data.

Yeah xiaomi.eu thread said that twrp is for the moment not a12 compatible. That's why they release fastboot rom again.

alizaouil

Mar 22, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11
I CAN BARELY USE THE MIUI 12.6 ON ANDROID 12 IT KEEPS SHUTING DOWN I DON'T MIND GOING BACK TO AN OLDER VERSION ANYONE KNOWS HOW WITHOUT LOOSING DATA I TRIED TO BACK UP MY DEVICE WITH MI SUITE BUT I GUESS I DOESN'T WORK WITH ANDROID 12 ANYONE GOT AN IDEA ON HOW TO FIX IT IT KEEPS SAYING (permision keeps stopping )