• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unable to use split screen with Nova launcher

Search This thread

vlepwr

Nov 24, 2020
Hello to everybody!
Is there a way to use split screen mode while using nova launcher????

Works on mine with Nova installed, but only when another app is already open, not when you are on your "homescreen" (or another page of Nova if you have more than one).

"Floating Window" mode works fine on Nova though, with no other apps open.

Swipe in from left or right to open the Multi-Window dock....

Quick press an app for Floating Window.

Drag an app from the dock to the top or bottom of the screen for Split Screen mode, but as I said this only works when an app is already open, so open one of the ones you want normally first, then open the dock and drag the other app you want to the top or bottom to give you split screen.

Not all apps are compatible with Split Screen, but there is an option in Settings/System & updates/Developer Options to "Force activities to be resizable" which may help.

.apoorv.

Sep 12, 2020
Actually, you can use split screen on Nova Launcher. You just have to trigger it differently. I have no idea why. This is just the result of trial-and-error.

First turn on "force activities to be resizable" from developer options.
Now when in an app. Long press the recent apps button, release it and then press the home button. This works on my Samsung J500F with unofficial Lineage OS 17.1. Let me know if it works :)

Actually, you can use split screen on Nova Launcher. You just have to trigger it differently. I have no idea why. This is just the result of trial-and-error.

First turn on "force activities to be resizable" from developer options.
Now when in an app. Long press the recent apps button, release it and then press the home button. This works on my Samsung J500F with unofficial Lineage OS 17.1. Let me know if it works :)
Not on a P40 Pro unfortunately, we do things differently over here! 🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works on mine with Nova installed, but only when another app is already open, not when you are on your "homescreen" (or another page of Nova if you have more than one).

"Floating Window" mode works fine on Nova though, with no other apps open.

Swipe in from left or right to open the Multi-Window dock....

Quick press an app for Floating Window.

Drag an app from the dock to the top or bottom of the screen for Split Screen mode, but as I said this only works when an app is already open, so open one of the ones you want normally first, then open the dock and drag the other app you want to the top or bottom to give you split screen.

Not all apps are compatible with Split Screen, but there is an option in Settings/System & updates/Developer Options to "Force activities to be resizable" which may help.
    Not in Nova, Huawei have changed the way the split screen works in EMUI compared to other android versions
    Aw man, I'm new here. I just found out that this is the P40 forum. Sorry.

Too bad it doesn't work on the P40 though.