Unbrand an LTE Tab A Sprint unlocked sm-t517P

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
Hello, I am trying to unbrand my LTE Tab A from Sprint SM-T517P by flashing another CSC, or flashing another PIT on a patched version of ODIN with no success.

Can anyone tell me how to do it properly? I have read about Chimera, and Samkey, but they are too expensive, and I worry about bricking my LTE tablet (do not want to root, and there is no root anyway).

Any help?

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
I made little progress. I think I got the latest correct firmware for it downloaded, but it didn't want to flash with a patched Odin, but it did flash successfully with a non patched version of Odin.

After that, I tried flashing a CSC from another firmware of an LTE that is unbranded (SM-T515), but I always get a SECURE CHECK FAIL PIT error.

Does that mean I need to unlock the bootloader? Is that even possible? I wonder how Chimera, or Samkey is able to change CSC thru just software, but they are too expensive for me :(

Any help?

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
I soft bricked the tablet by flashing the AP, CP, and CSC of the latest firmware of International unlocked model SM-T515... I was able to recover by flashing its latest firmware for SM-T517P.

I worry about hard bricking it, but after so many tries with different things, I feel so close :(

Flashing only the CSC of any other firmware hasn't worked so far, and flashing anything other than Android 10 Q doesn't work either, even after unlocking bootloader.

I have NOT flashed bootloader of another firmware yet, super worried I may hard brick it if I flash another BL even after unlocking its bootloader.