• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unbrick All LG v50 Models -Phone is not turning on and No Download mode

Search This thread

luetaj

Jan 5, 2016
LG V50 ThinQ
This process is been taken from this link -https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-recover-lg-g7-or-other-newer-lg-phones-from-edl-or-9008-mode.4213851/

I just made few changed and it worked for me

credit all goes to sourabh7625 and ThangPC for sharing backup files
( if you need any help contact them ) it worked for me so iam just trying to help other that's all .

Tools Needed -
Before you install these tools uninstall all the mobile related drivers

Qualcomm USB drivers. https://mega.nz/file/YAVhFIiC#nF-cChZklhcsxMHk24GhsB6rlE119erQqmXuBu21c6c
LG mobile drivers. https://mega.nz/file/4UU3RSJb#iJu32uFbPsSrhIPoVr-BS1f2RqHnqL95lePDhDnK7NY
QFIL tool. https://mega.nz/file/4AdjXCAS#tWf6XUYO3OxHjZ_XDJZopOtQpVkggW2170QIKDW0JK8
prog_ufs_firehose_sm8150_lge.elf
Lg v50 Backup files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/13AJ8SnKmpOrTQF2EQ1odJK7-4qfUTIdF/view

* Steps :
Step 1 : uninstall all the phone related drivers and restart PC.

Step 2 : to successfully install drivers and software follow below guide -
a. open commant prompt with admin rights run these commands so windows can allow to install driver properly.
- bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
- bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
(these will disable driver signature enforcement and put windows into test mode)
and restart
b. install Qualcomm drivers
c. install LG mobile drivers
d. install QPST
e. Install lg bridge

Step 3 : open QFIL from it's installation location and check build type to flat build and in programm file select prog_ufs_firehose_Sdm845_lge.elf file and in lower right corner select storage type to UFS.

Step 4: connect your device to PC and boot into EDL mode by
a. if it is in any ON condition : POWER button + VOLUME DOWN and prepare to press VOLUME UP repeatedly as soon as phone switches off
b. if it is in dead condition : connecting to PC automatically boot into EDL mode.
if phone is connected in EDL mode now Device manager must show a device under ports tree somehting named as Qualcom HS-USB QLOADER 9008(Com_X)
* if you have bricked your device then I assume you already know how to boot into EDL mode.

Step 5 : now in QFIL select port and select your device, select Tools from QFIL toolbar and select Partition Manger, in warning window ckick OK if you've selected right prog_ufs_firehose_sm8150_lge elf file and after success it must show a list of many partions of your phone.
flashing : it's time for flashing.
1637247581391.png

Step 6 : You need to replace this below files from the backfiles which you downloaded
It will take patience because it's a manual one, order must be followed coz tha's the thing that matters...

- find select and right click on "xbl_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "xbl.elf_6"
- find select and right click on "xbl_config_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "xbl_config.ebl_902"
- find select and right click on "xbl_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "xbl.elf_6"
- find select and right click on "xbl_config_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "xbl_config.ebl_902"
- find select and right click on "tz_z" then manage partition data and select load then select "tz.mbn_134"
- find select and right click on "hyp_z" then manage partition data and select load then select "hyp.mbn_646"
- find select and right click on "boot_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "boot.img_163830"
- find select and right click on "cmnlib_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "cmnlib.mbn_81670"
- find select and right click on "cmnlib64_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "cmnlib64.mbn_81798"
- find select and right click on "boot_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "boot.img_163830"
- find select and right click on "cmnlib_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "cmnlib.mbn_81670"
- find select and right click on "cmnlib64_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "cmnlib64.mbn_81798"
- find select and right click on "abl_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "V35abl.img"
- find select and right click on "abl_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "V35abl.img"
- find select and right click on "raw_Resources_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "raw_resources.img_194918"
- find select and right click on "tz_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "tz.mbn_134"
- find select and right click on "hyp_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "hyp.mbn_646"
- find select and right click on "laf_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "laf.img_81990"
- find select and right click on "laf_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "laf.img_81990"

Once you have replaces all the above files accordingly

Step 7 : click on load xml and select all rawprograme files not one by one it should be by pressing ctrl a.

Step 8 : After selecting all the rawprograme files click on Download and it will take time to download

Step 9 : Once the download process is complete then you can go to download mode

Step 10 : Use LG Brige tool from lg website to download the official firmware for your model

Last edited:

BrozenV

Nov 29, 2021
I unbrick to get download mode. but the LGUP ROM loader doesn't allow cross-ROM loading because my device is already flashlm. Originally it was flashlmdd. please help me
Screenshot_20211129-235154.png

Reactions: Duonglong93vl
Oct 15, 2013
Bekasi
Hello i already follow this step by step but when i open lg bridge always error updateing so i check with LG up but why my device change from LM V500N to G850N ?

figer

Apr 3, 2009
Near Warsaw
For me it's the same, my 500N is now visible to LGUP as G8X !!!
Do not try to repair this method, because you will end up in another dead end ...
LGUP error.jpg

figer

Apr 3, 2009
Near Warsaw
People! - there is a solution!
I fixed it and the phone works - see this topic :giggle:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This process is been taken from this link -https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-recover-lg-g7-or-other-newer-lg-phones-from-edl-or-9008-mode.4213851/

I just made few changed and it worked for me

credit all goes to sourabh7625 and ThangPC for sharing backup files
    ( if you need any help contact them ) it worked for me so iam just trying to help other that's all .

Tools Needed -
    Before you install these tools uninstall all the mobile related drivers

Qualcomm USB drivers. https://mega.nz/file/YAVhFIiC#nF-cChZklhcsxMHk24GhsB6rlE119erQqmXuBu21c6c
    LG mobile drivers. https://mega.nz/file/4UU3RSJb#iJu32uFbPsSrhIPoVr-BS1f2RqHnqL95lePDhDnK7NY
    QFIL tool. https://mega.nz/file/4AdjXCAS#tWf6XUYO3OxHjZ_XDJZopOtQpVkggW2170QIKDW0JK8
    prog_ufs_firehose_sm8150_lge.elf
    Lg v50 Backup files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/13AJ8SnKmpOrTQF2EQ1odJK7-4qfUTIdF/view

* Steps :
    Step 1 : uninstall all the phone related drivers and restart PC.

Step 2 : to successfully install drivers and software follow below guide -
    a. open commant prompt with admin rights run these commands so windows can allow to install driver properly.
    - bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    - bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
    (these will disable driver signature enforcement and put windows into test mode)
    and restart
    b. install Qualcomm drivers
    c. install LG mobile drivers
    d. install QPST
    e. Install lg bridge

Step 3 : open QFIL from it's installation location and check build type to flat build and in programm file select prog_ufs_firehose_Sdm845_lge.elf file and in lower right corner select storage type to UFS.

Step 4: connect your device to PC and boot into EDL mode by
    a. if it is in any ON condition : POWER button + VOLUME DOWN and prepare to press VOLUME UP repeatedly as soon as phone switches off
    b. if it is in dead condition : connecting to PC automatically boot into EDL mode.
    if phone is connected in EDL mode now Device manager must show a device under ports tree somehting named as Qualcom HS-USB QLOADER 9008(Com_X)
    * if you have bricked your device then I assume you already know how to boot into EDL mode.

Step 5 : now in QFIL select port and select your device, select Tools from QFIL toolbar and select Partition Manger, in warning window ckick OK if you've selected right prog_ufs_firehose_sm8150_lge elf file and after success it must show a list of many partions of your phone.
    flashing : it's time for flashing.
    1637247581391.png

Step 6 : You need to replace this below files from the backfiles which you downloaded
    It will take patience because it's a manual one, order must be followed coz tha's the thing that matters...

- find select and right click on "xbl_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "xbl.elf_6"
    - find select and right click on "xbl_config_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "xbl_config.ebl_902"
    - find select and right click on "xbl_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "xbl.elf_6"
    - find select and right click on "xbl_config_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "xbl_config.ebl_902"
    - find select and right click on "tz_z" then manage partition data and select load then select "tz.mbn_134"
    - find select and right click on "hyp_z" then manage partition data and select load then select "hyp.mbn_646"
    - find select and right click on "boot_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "boot.img_163830"
    - find select and right click on "cmnlib_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "cmnlib.mbn_81670"
    - find select and right click on "cmnlib64_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "cmnlib64.mbn_81798"
    - find select and right click on "boot_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "boot.img_163830"
    - find select and right click on "cmnlib_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "cmnlib.mbn_81670"
    - find select and right click on "cmnlib64_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "cmnlib64.mbn_81798"
    - find select and right click on "abl_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "V35abl.img"
    - find select and right click on "abl_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "V35abl.img"
    - find select and right click on "raw_Resources_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "raw_resources.img_194918"
    - find select and right click on "tz_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "tz.mbn_134"
    - find select and right click on "hyp_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "hyp.mbn_646"
    - find select and right click on "laf_a" then manage partition data and select load then select "laf.img_81990"
    - find select and right click on "laf_b" then manage partition data and select load then select "laf.img_81990"

Once you have replaces all the above files accordingly

Step 7 : click on load xml and select all rawprograme files not one by one it should be by pressing ctrl a.

Step 8 : After selecting all the rawprograme files click on Download and it will take time to download

Step 9 : Once the download process is complete then you can go to download mode

Step 10 : Use LG Brige tool from lg website to download the official firmware for your model
    I followed it but on step 5 I get an error, help me
    screenshot_1637305922.png
    I unbrick to get download mode. but the LGUP ROM loader doesn't allow cross-ROM loading because my device is already flashlm. Originally it was flashlmdd. please help me
    Screenshot_20211129-235154.png
    I followed it but on step 5 I get an error, help meView attachment 5469429
    Load XML. Ctrl+A set all rawprogram.xml goto Download
    finally,fixed my phone.