Unbrick All Samsung Galaxy Note 4's From Hard Brick

Search This thread

nihilistza

Sep 17, 2011
Hi guys.

Sadly I wasn't able to recover my N910F using any of the methods described here and elsewhere. Took it to Samsung and according to them the internal storage is corrupt (well, duh) but because it's rooted etc they refused to repair it despite it being a hardware fault (their words). Even after I wrote to their head office explaining to them why I root my droids (need dark themes because of really bad eyes) and sent them proof of my conditions they again refused to repair my phone and I'd have to pay for a new system board to have it fixed.

I may try again when I get my phone back and try take it into a shop that said they may be able to help, but yeah, pretty disgusted with Samsung right now.

delie106

Jan 6, 2017
If the hardware is dead ?

And what todo if the option 6 don't work [6- Hold Power + Home + Volume Down to enter Download Mode by bootloader on SD card] ??

What is Hard Brick?

Hard brick is the state of android device that occurs when your device won�t boot/respond/charge at all. This is mainly caused by flashing corrupted firmware, damaged bootloader, incomplete flashing in Odin/Download mode, or interrupted OTA upgrade. You can't recover from hard brick by traditional methods since your phone is ~dead & you can't enter any Recovery or Download Modes; You'll need to use JTAG (expensive service), USB JIG (cheap, but no gurantee), or this free guide/files to get it repaired.

How to recover?

1- Download Unbrick Image for your bootloader from here
2- If you're using Windows, download Win32 Disk Imager
3- Backup all files in the micro SD card you 'll use
4- Write the Unbrick Image to your micro SD card using Win32 Disk Imager or Linux/MacOSX commands
5- Remove battery, Insert micro SD card & then the battery
6- Hold Power + Home + Volume Down to enter Download Mode by bootloader on SD card
7- Flash Stock firmware via Odin & Enjoy

Cid6.7

Dec 30, 2012
B.C
Do you have a guide & links to files needed to do this..?
I have a note 4 SM-N910W8 that will not boot into recovery it will boot into download mode BUT will not connect to any pc I own with a known good working cable..
Any suggestions..?
THANK YOU !
And what todo if the option 6 don't work [6- Hold Power + Home + Volume Down to enter Download Mode by bootloader on SD card] ??

What is Hard Brick?

Hard brick is the state of android device that occurs when your device won�t boot/respond/charge at all. This is mainly caused by flashing corrupted firmware, damaged bootloader, incomplete flashing in Odin/Download mode, or interrupted OTA upgrade. You can't recover from hard brick by traditional methods since your phone is ~dead & you can't enter any Recovery or Download Modes; You'll need to use JTAG (expensive service), USB JIG (cheap, but no gurantee), or this free guide/files to get it repaired.

How to recover?

4- Write the Unbrick Image to your micro SD card using Win32 Disk Imager or Linux/MacOSX commands
6- Hold Power + Home + Volume Down to enter Download Mode by bootloader on SD card

Reactions: delie106

andreibodea

Nov 13, 2012
hex,mbn and xml files for note 4

I actually managed to get that unbrick thing working. My note 4 bricked just like yours. MMC Read failed constantly. Freezing and reboots. Until one day it just stopped turning on and would not go into download mode. I managed to get the note 4 file somewhere (I forgot where) and put it onto an external SD card and managed to get the phone into download mode. The phone still has the mmc read fail error at times and freezes and reboots. Still dont know what to do about that.

Where did you find those files? will you please try to remember?

oaak

Dec 3, 2017
-MPRG8084.hex <-------------- Main
-8084_msimage.mbn <-------------- Main
-rawprogram_32GB.xml
-patch0.xml
-Settings.xml

If we can find these, we just found the ultimate unbrick solution for all Snapdragons 805 phones.

do u still have the said files? if so, could you pls share it with us?

preppye

Nov 25, 2008
I'm helping a friend with this same issue. mmc read_failed. QHSUSB_BULK when plugged into PC.

If I stick the phone in the freezer for about 2 minutes it will boot up and stay on. Soon as the phone is back to normal temperature it will stay on but once I power it down it will not turn back on. But whilst it's still cold from the freezer I can reboot as many times without problems. This leads me to the conclusion that is an mmc issue. Probably not making good contact with the motherboard and the cold moisture is providing temporary conduction.

Hello.
I have the same issue , but im not able to get the phone to boot , i have to install the firmware with the phone on the freezer , cause if i take it out wont turn on back again.
When it finishes installing the firmware it boots to recovery boot and wont do nothing else.
I keep getting the mmc Read_failed error too.
Did you manage to solve this issues??

bamatigergirl

Sep 26, 2015
Freezing worked!

I'm helping a friend with this same issue. mmc read_failed. QHSUSB_BULK when plugged into PC.

If I stick the phone in the freezer for about 2 minutes it will boot up and stay on. Soon as the phone is back to normal temperature it will stay on but once I power it down it will not turn back on. But whilst it's still cold from the freezer I can reboot as many times without problems. This leads me to the conclusion that is an mmc issue. Probably not making good contact with the motherboard and the cold moisture is providing temporary conduction.

WOW!! It didn't boot completely however I was able to get download mode after putting that sucker in the freezer for a few minutes! Now on the attempt to flash some firmware so I don't lay down and cry with my expensive paperweight! Thank you!

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910T

somani09

Sep 1, 2018
SM910 - AT&T note 4 flashing help

This is for n910g.
For emmc fail , people can flash the recovery firmware.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24411628330025773
Extract the file , open odin and put every file in correct section .
Even select the pit file .
Remember , dont forget to tick
re- partition and f.reset time , nothing else should be ticked .
Just flash it .
After the flashing is completed , reboot your phone manually .
If it gets stuck in a bootloop , flash stock 5.0.1 firmware .
Hope it helps .
This method has worked for 3 people that i know of , including me.
For other variants , you can find it over here :
http://www.tsar3000.com/Joomla/inde...ader-csc-pit-files&catid=55:samsung&Itemid=82
Reporting via N910G.

Hi

I am currently on EQH1 baseband released by at&t in August 2017. I am facing freezing and rebooting problems. I also get ddi: emmc read error when rebooting. Basically Note 4 problems that several users have reported. Have installed wakelock to keep my phone from hanging and lagging. Does your method work if I want to download from 6.0.1 to 5.1.1 (Baseband - DO12)? I tried to do it without the pit file and I got the following error script from ODIN. what should I do? and What odin version should I be using?:

I used this video link to downgrade from 6.0.1 EQH1 to 5.1.1 DO12 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3OVMRTPiI). But I am getting failed error. I used ODIN 3 v3.10.7. Tickmarked Auto-Reboot and F. reset time.

Following is the script from ODIN:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/006> Removed!!

I am also getting this on my phone:

ODIN: flash read failure
ERROR: There is no pit binary

I would really appreciate your help. Look forward to hear from you!

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what happened....

I was on stock Rom and as time went by it started slowing down on me. Ive never rooted this phone and decided to factory reset the phone. So when i did, the hard reset..... as it went to the Samsung logo the phone shutoff, after right away went directly into download mode. i freaked out and pulled the battery. Then i put the battery back in and it wouldn't boot. So I'm guessing its bricked cause it shows no sign of life at all :( .

I was looking up "how to unbrick a Galaxy note 4" and unfortunately unbrick methods dont exists. I even called up my local Jtag service and He said nothing can be done except sell him the phone for 100 bucks for parts (Which i refuse to believe) .

After reading around for an entire day i came across
    Part 1 : http://www.androidbrick.com/ultimate-qualcomm-snapdragon-unbrick-guide-snapdragons-are-unbrickable/
    Part 2: http://www.androidbrick.com/unbrick...-you-have-the-right-kind-of-rom-qhsusb_dload/

Ok, so i figured some things out thanks to Android brick ! .

In-order to unbrick all Galaxy Note 4's which run on Snapdragons 805 is to access Qualcomm's Service Port Via [QHSUSB_BULK] ---> [qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008]
    Now we can use MiFlash 2012 To Unbrick our Snapdragon 805s from a "Hard Brick".
    So their are 5 things we need to unbrick all galaxy note 4's:

-MPRG8084.hex <-------------- Main
    -8084_msimage.mbn <-------------- Main
    -rawprogram_32GB.xml
    -patch0.xml
    -Settings.xml

If we can find these, we just found the ultimate unbrick solution for all Snapdragons 805 phones.

And after i found all that stuff so complicated, i would like to try this except the note 4 version:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-note-3/general/howto-recover-hard-brick-t2834419

What is Hard Brick?

Hard brick is the state of android device that occurs when your device won’t boot/respond/charge at all. This is mainly caused by flashing corrupted firmware, damaged bootloader, incomplete flashing in Odin/Download mode, or interrupted OTA upgrade. You can't recover from hard brick by traditional methods since your phone is ~dead & you can't enter any Recovery or Download Modes; You'll need to use JTAG (expensive service), USB JIG (cheap, but no gurantee), or this free guide/files to get it repaired.

What do you need?

- Hard Bricked Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910W8)
    - Micro SD Card: 4/8/16/32 GB micro SD card
    - Unbrick Image: working dump with the same bootloader/version
    - Image Writer: native commands on Linux/MacOSx or Win32 Disk Imager on Windows

How to recover?

Downloads:

All files you may need are available in this folder

-So if some one can create a "you need to create your own Unbrick Image since I can't share it for the device-specific bootloader. Just run this Unbrick Image Creator in recovery & it'll create "/sdcard/Unbrick_Files" in your internal SD card." for me, id love to try it and see if it works.

I was running Android 5.1.1 With Rogers before it went down and wonder if someone can run the unbrick image creator and create an unbrick file for the rest of the Canadian Galaxy Note 4s.:good:::):)[/QUOTE
    ]
    Hey guys, i successfully created a Debrick.img for note 4 , used my own functional note 4 to create one .
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3488114
    Don't forget to Press thanks .

Reporting Via N910G
    bring it to samsung service center
    bring it to samsung service center

well the samsung service centers usually replace your phone.... for me it's a bad thing you lose a lot of data and you get criticised for rooting and they usually take longer to fix your device and the price is very expensive if not insured :/ but well they get the job done
    Do you have a guide & links to files needed to do this..?
    I have a note 4 SM-N910W8 that will not boot into recovery it will boot into download mode BUT will not connect to any pc I own with a known good working cable..
    Any suggestions..?
    THANK YOU !

What is Hard Brick?

How to recover?