• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

UNBRICK elife e7 hardbrick

Search This thread

shivam2702

Dec 23, 2012
Try to flash again.
If that messege apears again just press the power button of the phone for a few secs without disconnecting from the PC.
The download should begin. If not change the Mode to Normal and press the power button for a few secs.
Dont disconnect the phone from the PC, cause that messege apears because the GNQC is unable to confirm the state of the phone. By pressing the power button you are refreshing the connecting and the GNQC should detect the state of the phone.
Also you can try this using another USB port on your PC.

Feed back me :)
:crying: :(
Not Working
Actually my device is recognized as an unknown device
and i have allotted it to gionee driver.
is it matters ???

stathis1286

May 7, 2015
heraklion
hi..

Q) phone is detected as usb hid device instead of com port
A) facing same problem fond no solution till yet

any news from this issue..?

I just bricked the phone yesterday and today I tried this method but with the new version cuz with the old version it's still saying "Com port fail " but with the new and Kitkat rom it's working... "important note " the battery must be completely empty otherwise won't work
Hope I helped

[email protected]

May 13, 2015
here is the guide to unbrick your phone if you got it hard bricked (no fast boot mode)

Disclaimer: do this on your own risk. I am not responsible if you..blah blah blah well what worse you can do you have already bricked your phone so pull your pants together and try this

USE only XP 32 bit (win 7 32 bit may work) nothing else works...
this method is to revive the device via accessing the qcom soc in bare board mode so that you can upgrade the firmware on device

1) download the flash tools given in the forum

2) download drivers and image of firmware (16gb or 32 gb) depending on your phone version (1.8 gb rar)

3) install everything

4) plug your phone via usb cable

if device manager shows

"qulacom HS-USB qloader 9008" under com port your phone is hardbricked and ready to go

if it shows more than 1 device under com port (gionee NEMA /GIONEE digonostics)your device is soft bricked and needs to follow steps for soft bricked device do not follow this guide any further

else if nothing happens hold power button for a long time (so as to make sure your phone is switched off) and try plugging in your device

5) open GNQC_download.exe and select path to bp-image folder in frimware image

6) AP image path is automatically selected (parent folder of bp-image folder)

7) select name as WBW 8901 or GBW 8900A (depending upon english or chinese version of flash tool)

8) select mode as emergence mode (bp + ap)

9)while qloader 9008 device is showing in mini window click download

10) after successful download phone will reboot in storage mode

11) if antivirus prompts for permission allow it

12) let it continue to download the files onto your device

after completion you can click tools and select which img files to download (let it be default)
click ok to save and now you can upgrade the firmware...

FAQ

Q) gnqc download doesn't works gives error "application failed to start"
A) install VC++ 2005 redistributeble SP1 ATL security upgrade

Q) receive incorrect parameter error.
A) you are using Chinese flash tool so make sure your copy of windows supports Chinese change local settings in control panel

Q) error in gnqc bp_image file doesnt exist
A) again remove Chinese characters from name of image folder

Q) phone is not detected
A) let it sit and drain the battery in 1-2 days now plug via usb cable

i try install the rom by this method but i have a error, gnqc aplication says, firehose ping phone error, do you know what i do? other person have same error, im spanish, sorry for my english.
My win is xp and 32bits, it recognized the phone without problem, i dont know that i can do, please, help me.

stathis1286

May 7, 2015
heraklion
I hope I helped you

i try install the rom by this method but i have a error, gnqc aplication says, firehose ping phone error, do you know what i do? other person have same error, im spanish, sorry for my english.
My win is xp and 32bits, it recognized the phone without problem, i dont know that i can do, please, help me.

I had the same problem now i have fixed it... I dont understand Spanish nor I know many thing using these tools or flash tools, but I managed to revive my phone.

https://youtu.be/EL12Cq9X3oo

Reactions: dhirajranger

Cricket5467

Jul 26, 2015
Usb hid device

How can you tell if your device is fully discharged? I have had my phone off for more than a day. When I plug it into the computer the LED light comes on for a couple seconds and then goes off again. (I can't understand that spanish video) I have all the correct drivers installed. I don't think i'm ever going to fix my phone now :( Been trying to find help for a few days now.

include777

Jul 29, 2015
Unbrick Elife E7.

Hi !
Sorry i very wrong english.
My unbricking step by step.
If your flashing percentagle stop 3%, and the phone no start, no work,
Download the original 4.2 rom and the GNQC DownLoad Tool V1.6.9.0, and download the 8180 kitkat official rom and GNQC 2.0
First Step
1. Install the drivers.
2. plug the phone the pc, and waiting finding and installing drivers.
3. open the gnqc 1.6.9, select the bp path, Name: WBW8901, Emergency download (BP+AP).
4. Start the download. my flashing time is quickly.
5. The phone no strarting.

Second Step.
1. Open the GNQC 2.0, and select the firmware path, dl type auto, platform 8974, and start the flash.
I unbricking my elife e 7 this steps.
If the phone starting, go the settings, backup and reset -> factory reset.

Reactions: Cricket5467

include777

Jul 29, 2015
download the roms

http : // xdafirmware.com/gionee-e7-32g

delete the spaces

Download the 5831 rom, this 4.2 and 1.6.9 GQNC
and download the 8180 rom, this the last kitkat rom, 2.0 chinesse lang. flasher.
--------------------------------------
And one information.
I plug the brick phone my pc sunday morning, and blink one red the notification led.
I no unplug the phone, and the notification led is blinking red (low battery).
The device manager recognized the phone usb hid and usb device.
I left the phone in a few minutes the usb cable. The blink off, and device manager recognized the phone qualcomm hs-usb qdloader, and i start the unbrick.

Cricket5467

Jul 26, 2015
Thank you for the links! I am downloading both now.
And to make sure, I flash 5831 (4.2) and then flash 8180 (KitKat)?
Last thing, do I use windows xp or windows 7?
Again, thank you for your quick reply :p
It is stuck on showing as USB HID DEVICE...

Last edited:

include777

Jul 29, 2015
Thank you for the links! I am downloading both now.
And to make sure, I flash 5831 (4.2) and then flash 8180 (KitKat)?
Last thing, do I use windows xp or windows 7?
Again, thank you for your quick reply :p
It is stuck on showing as USB HID DEVICE...

First step flash emergency mode GNQC 1.6.9 -> 4.2 rom
Second step flash GNQC 2.0 -> 8180 rom
If showing usb hid device -> the battery absolute 0%.
Connect the phone the pc, and waiting ... hopefully start the phone notification led blinking red. If blinking, the phone charging, waiting some minute, and off the blinking, the device manager recognize the qualcomm hs-usb qdloader.

I use windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Cricket5467

Jul 26, 2015
I plug phone into computer, and it installs as USB input device. >> So I wait 30 minutes (phone still plugged into computer) and it still says USB Input device :(
I don't know what else to try now. I wish it just worked like everyone else :confused:
I appreciate all of your help!
EDIT: Maybe I should charge my phone with charger?

Last edited:

jorro13

Jan 22, 2010
Hi. My phone was brick hard today. I try to flash, but PC does not recognize it shows "Unknown Device" if you wait a few days whether it will recognize or will become USB HID DEVICE. Battery before the phone to brick, was almost complete. Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:

mehrdadarmani

Jul 1, 2015
i have this problem and fix it but dont have signal
for fix USB HID DEVICE go devise manager and go update driver and select browse my computer for driver and select let me pick... and remove tick show compatiable hardware and find com port

jorro13

Jan 22, 2010
i have this problem and fix it but dont have signal
for fix USB HID DEVICE go devise manager and go update driver and select browse my computer for driver and select let me pick... and remove tick show compatiable hardware and find com port
Hi. Look here has a solution to your problem if you lost IMEI: 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=522224&view=findpost&p=40098304 Let admin theme put your fix for USB HID DEVICE at the beginning of the topic

sunnymodh

Nov 28, 2012
Finally i got result

Hi !
Download the original 4.2 rom and the GNQC DownLoad Tool V1.6.9.0, and download the 8180 kitkat official rom and GNQC 2.0
First Step
1. Install the drivers.
3. open the gnqc 1.6.9, select the bp path, Name: WBW8901, Emergency download (BP+AP).

Second Step.
1. Open the GNQC 2.0, and select the firmware path, dl type auto, platform 8974, and start the flash.

I did same thing as mentioned on page and my cell stuck at 3% when upgrading Os, than i follow upper method, but i have done some changes due to 2 times i failed this method. if you done complete the procedure till step no 5 than wait 10 minutes, cell will automatically start, when start at first all portioned show, approximate 8 to 9 drives you will find on my computer, in all drive among you can access 2 drive one usb and one os drive where all files installed. At that time windows system also offer to format drive due to mobile all drives contain linux os. but dont format any drive, just wait another 5 minutes. mobile automatically reboot and all thing normal, after cell start go to system update gionee offer upgrade jelly bean to kitkat and done.

i hope people who struggle with brick phone may be they will get their cell on normal mode
sorry for bad english

StarLord21

Jan 20, 2015
Lagos
Mission: Elife e7 unbricked. Successful!

YESSSS!!!!!!!! I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UNBRICKED MY GIONEE ELIFE E7 :laugh::laugh::laugh:
i will be making a detailed solution soon stay tuned.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here is the guide to unbrick your phone if you got it hard bricked (no fast boot mode)

Disclaimer: do this on your own risk. I am not responsible if you..blah blah blah well what worse you can do you have already bricked your phone so pull your pants together and try this

USE only XP 32 bit (win 7 32 bit may work) nothing else works...
    this method is to revive the device via accessing the qcom soc in bare board mode so that you can upgrade the firmware on device

1) download the flash tools given in the forum

2) download drivers and image of firmware (16gb or 32 gb) depending on your phone version (1.8 gb rar)

3) install everything

4) plug your phone via usb cable

if device manager shows

"qulacom HS-USB qloader 9008" under com port your phone is hardbricked and ready to go

if it shows more than 1 device under com port (gionee NEMA /GIONEE digonostics)your device is soft bricked and needs to follow steps for soft bricked device do not follow this guide any further

else if nothing happens hold power button for a long time (so as to make sure your phone is switched off) and try plugging in your device

5) open GNQC_download.exe and select path to bp-image folder in frimware image

6) AP image path is automatically selected (parent folder of bp-image folder)

7) select name as WBW 8901 or GBW 8900A (depending upon english or chinese version of flash tool)

8) select mode as emergence mode (bp + ap)

9)while qloader 9008 device is showing in mini window click download

10) after successful download phone will reboot in storage mode

11) if antivirus prompts for permission allow it

12) let it continue to download the files onto your device

after completion you can click tools and select which img files to download (let it be default)
    click ok to save and now you can upgrade the firmware...

FAQ

Q) gnqc download doesn't works gives error "application failed to start"
    A) install VC++ 2005 redistributeble SP1 ATL security upgrade

Q) receive incorrect parameter error.
    A) you are using Chinese flash tool so make sure your copy of windows supports Chinese change local settings in control panel

Q) error in gnqc bp_image file doesnt exist
    A) again remove Chinese characters from name of image folder

Q) phone is not detected
    A) let it sit and drain the battery in 1-2 days now plug via usb cable

Firmware + Flash ware, all of Gione

where i can get firmware file ?

Download the firmware file from the link below, u can use google translate to get the interpretation of the website. Make sure u download the files meant for Gionee elife E7, if that is really ur device. however i am still stuck at my device showing as HID Device and i will be deeply grateful if anyone here has a fix to this issue.

wwwdotelifedotcom/thread-22957-1-7dothtml[/url]
    i can't post links here, so pleae, copy and paste this into your browser, and replace the 'dot' with '.'
    I hope I helped you

I had the same problem now i have fixed it... I dont understand Spanish nor I know many thing using these tools or flash tools, but I managed to revive my phone.

https://youtu.be/EL12Cq9X3oo
    Unbrick Elife E7.

Hi !
    First Step
    1. Install the drivers.

Second Step.
    download the roms

http : // xdafirmware.com/gionee-e7-32g

delete the spaces

Download the 5831 rom, this 4.2 and 1.6.9 GQNC
    and download the 8180 rom, this the last kitkat rom, 2.0 chinesse lang. flasher.
    --------------------------------------
    And one information.
    I plug the brick phone my pc sunday morning, and blink one red the notification led.
    I no unplug the phone, and the notification led is blinking red (low battery).
    The device manager recognized the phone usb hid and usb device.
    I left the phone in a few minutes the usb cable. The blink off, and device manager recognized the phone qualcomm hs-usb qdloader, and i start the unbrick.