Unbrick Fire TV Stick 4K. Help!

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
I think I'll just connect the serial port and see what I can do from there, fireiso is a good tool, but fek updating adb everytime I use it considering I'm rebooting into it 20-30 times a day at the moment, the fireiso op should at least make your tip clear on the site, thanks for the cmd though ;)

still zero input on the actual problem... does navins logs look good or bad?

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
still zero input on the actual problem... does navins logs look good or bad?
They look good, imo^^

Someone with that fault needs to enable adb debugging in the buildprop, in order to get a logcat booting fireOS kernel. In case that won't work for some reason, there is also an UART port on the stick... Someone with an UART adapter and basic soldering skills needs to capture some boot logs (logs from booting PL, LK and android kernel). Without logs, there is nothing to do...

Last edited:

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
Now your talking my skill's, uart com tty is one to me, now I'll connect my home made serial to firestick using pics, but I need a guide on where/how to go from there... google aint no-ones friend anymore...

Edit: guide as in I know how to set up com/serial/uart, what I mean is where would I be looking to look?

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
In the unlock thread OP is a picture, there you find the RX/TX/GND pads...

You need a TTL UART adapter, connect RX-TX and TX-RX and GND-GND. Power comes over USB.
The bootrom talks at 115200 baud.
PL and LK boot process talks at 921600 baud.
In case you get a log of these two, we can ask k4y0z what flag on misc partition is necessary in order to log the android kernel...

Last edited:

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
Well, I'v seen bit n bobs, a couple of letters and zero's, f1 f2 etc, waiting for bootrom, then garbled, prob cause I dont have a uart program to read higher baudrates, My experience here would be modems and amateur radio's, any suggestions on how to get higher without the green lol?

Ok, I'll point out dont apply the usb, as in dont plug in firestick, secondly, do not apply black, - negative, and use a prog that dont turn itself off, UARTX is ****; turn's itself off and you gotta click a stupid f'n button missing the most important part, the boot!

And to microsoft, die you horrible people, deleting my com apps everytime I connect to the net...

Edit:

Fireiso sux, period, cant connect over ethernet, even when manually choosing ip, weird how wifi connects automatically, but ethernet wont.

It's not just adb that needs updated, adb requires a glib update, and after that? Too much hassle for me, thats the creator of the iso's job, and from what I've read, yes, it needs updated, I agree.

I've givin in for now, looking at the mess I've made all around me, trying to fix something, when I should just tidy up, and get something not amazon, they suck big time. Agreed.

Amazon owe me for stealing my firestick's use.

Last edited:

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
And you wont be able to unless you can click grant in the box that shows when you are able to login lol.... the initial grant that supplies some keys to pc to debug box.

And then a though sprung to mind, I've read others can sort of see their 'desktop' or amazon screen and take screenshots, suggesting to me, the application Vysor may be of use in trouble shooting why we can still manipulate the firestick as if logged in when all we have is a black screen... if this works, we may be able to not only login using the vysor screen, but activate the adb?

I gave up on mine after reading the entire unbrick thread, too much work for a peice of junk that will just get another crippling update the next day...

I kinda lost hope for now.

All I can say is you get to see your fone on the pc, why not a firestick?

Last edited:

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Well, I'v seen bit n bobs, a couple of letters and zero's, f1 f2 etc, waiting for bootrom, then garbled, prob cause I dont have a uart program to read higher baudrates, My experience here would be modems and amateur radio's, any suggestions on how to get higher without the green lol?
You don't need to change the windows settings... leave windows default.
This should work fine:
Connect the UART adapter.
Grab putty, select the session tab, then select Serial, add the COM Port number and the connection speed 921600
Then go click logging > All session output + add a logfile name... Done.
Plug in the fireSticks USB.

Fireiso sux, period, cant connect over ethernet, even when manually choosing ip, weird how wifi connects automatically, but ethernet wont.

It's not just adb that needs updated, adb requires a glib update, and after that? Too much hassle for me, thats the creator of the iso's job, and from what I've read, yes, it needs updated, I agree
The fireISO is fine. The bug in fastboot package affects only ~1% of people, it depends 100% on the used hardware... and it's easily fixable with the pacman command. Adb doesn't need an update.

I added the following lines in the buildprop file, but I still can't adb to the stick.

persist.service.adb.enable=1
persist.service.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb

Thanks, then we need some UART logs.

Last edited:

navin23

Sep 29, 2018
Ok, I was able to get some UART logs. All the reading is in one file and need to view it with an hex editor.. The ground pad was a pain to solder.

PC set to 115200 baud. The date time stamp in the log file is a change of the baud setting in putty.

Putty baud settings.

Attachments

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Ok, I was able to get some UART logs. All the reading is in one file and need to view it with an hex editor.. The ground pad was a pain to solder.
Hmm, can't see anything useful with HxD or an editor...
Something is wrong, I guess.
The log should be plain text if you open up it with Notepad++ or any other editor.
The file is also to small for a bootlog.

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
Thanks for the tip on the uart, but it doesn't work like that at this end using either my ch340g or my old baofeng serials, by connecting black/ground, all freezes, so cant ground the black, and with usb plugged in, of course, it is then also grounded, and freezes, the only way I can see any output at all is to remove the usb and ground. makes sense, since the tx provides the logic (and hence power), meaning only rx and tx are actually used. At least by my serials.

I also noticed my com in hardware settings does not have 921600, and when set in putty, it's not quite readable... working on it...

As for your pacman comment, Navin suggested updating adb which I did in windows, and was able to flash a boot.img, Which I could NOT do in fireiso. Off course, adb is not fastboot, but they both come together no? Most people in fact view fastboot as adb, albeit they are different programs, in the adb package... So fastboot in Fireiso needs updated, and after reading 63 pages of the unbrick thread, kamakiri also needs an update, maybe with a selection to choose from regarding what update you intend to flash in order to have the proper preloader/tk, as I noticed in the 7.6 stock rom, that the preloader is 0 bytes?

Please accept this as constructive critisism, seems all are getting blackscreened, yet no-one has a clue what actually causes it (yet), me, I'm looking, but its all so out of date I'm spending more time updating stuff I would never use if it was not for this damn firestick.

Edit, navin, what serial are you using, as in make?

try reading just by connecting tx to rx, it will work, dont add black, dont plug firestick into usb, tell me what you see

edit 2: I noticed in winscp that there is actually an option to connect to amazon devices using scp but it wants two keys which wouldf be amazons own login? Perhaps we need a different program to connect? In winscp file protocol, there is 'AmazonS3' The hostname is s3.amazonaws.com on 443, and wants access key id and secret key, is this connected to loging into the firestick uart?

Last edited:

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
As for your logs Navin, typical output of wrong baud settings ;)

If you dont see 921600 in your hardware/com settings, this is the output to expect, I'm there too.. maybe they changed that too?

Now I have a theory: What if this was the case of our problem in that the 'baud' settings for hdmi (could be another name/title) now cause the problem due to different speeds required by hdmi, causing blackscreen, as the stick is clearly loading, that I know 4 sure... I came up with this when I noticed others thought it was the resolution had been changed to one incompatible with old hdmi leads?

Example:

I have a 10 meter hdmi I use for my ps3 and ps4, now something went wrong with my tv, leaving me with 1 hdmi socket, and neither playstation shows in this socket unless I use an hdmi splitter, powered, telling me power is missinng somewhere, most likely my tv, but if I plug the firestick direct into same socket, the firestick shows. now what if the firestick's same power connection was disabled by amazon at the 2nd logo?

And again in my mind I realised that having my uart connected using ony rx/tx and seeing gobbledygook in putty, is because it's still grounded via hdmi duh!

Last edited:

navin23

Sep 29, 2018
I have this uart cable. When i set my pc to 921600 i don't get any log. I can only get log when i set it to 9600 or 115200. If tried switch the rx and tx cable but get no log. This is the putty clipboard log.

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦D¦ ¦p¦¦a¦\@¦ H¦@1¦¦$dL "¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦ ¦D"¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦H
@D "$
D¦@H&[email protected]
HD"D b @8DDFBH¦1LD¦[email protected]¦¦¦¦X¦@@@D¦<9 [email protected]@8\¦¦yD¦Hd!q¦¦q¦1¦¦@df¦1¦¦¦¦¦¦`8
[email protected]
¦¦¦¦¦ ¦ b¦|Dd¦<¦x¦¦!¦b<[email protected]¦¦ ¦"¦¦¦¦"
@¦ |D|¦¦[email protected]@D¦[email protected]¦¦B¦?¦xD!¦q¦¦
B¦¦@[email protected]
¦@\"L¦¦[email protected] <1¦.DD\d. fd¦0¦.L H¦¦ ¦D"¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦H
@D "$
D¦@H&[email protected]
HD"D b @8DDFBH¦1LD¦[email protected]¦¦¦¦X¦@@@D¦<9 [email protected]@8\¦¦yD¦Hd!q¦¦q¦1¦¦@df¦1¦¦¦¦¦¦`8
[email protected]
¦¦¦¦¦ ¦ b¦|Dd¦<¦x¦¦!¦b<[email protected]¦¦ ¦"¦¦¦¦"
@¦ |D|¦¦[email protected]@D¦[email protected]¦¦B¦?¦xD!¦q¦¦
B¦¦@[email protected]
¦@\"L¦¦[email protected] <1¦.DD\d. fd¦0¦.L H¦B L @¦¦ d @@BL @¦ [email protected]@@¦ ¦
¦¦ ¦0¦@\"
¦[email protected]¦
@[email protected]@¦bB¦1¦@X¦. ¦¦ H¦1¦[email protected]¦¦`.
¦ ¦H,n¦ ¦0 "¦!¦@[email protected]`@¦.`
[email protected]¦.D¦@b¦¦8
¦¦¦[email protected]@¦.1¦¦q
n¦bB¦D nH¦ ¦!B¦@¦? ¦?`¦ ¦¦&"¦|@¦¦@¦¦¦ ¦ @¦¦¦?|¦@ ¦|@¦¦ B¦[email protected]"¦ ¦ ¦¦@¦¦[email protected]@
¦¦? @D¦¦[email protected]¦¦¦
B¦¦ ¦Bc^B`¦@@¦dp¦|[email protected]@¦" ¦[email protected]¦"¦$^d¦`¦@qDy¦.¦¦[email protected]¦"$^`¦q¦DD¦\d .F¦¦@¦ ¦¦@`D¦\[email protected]¦xD .¦q¦
b?
[email protected]¦
¦@@¦¦ ¦@
`@¦$¦¦D`@¦[email protected]¦l¦.D¦@b¦¦8
¦ d`¦¦q¦¦¦2¦¦@[email protected]@¦l¦|@\¦D¦¦B¦¦[email protected]¦LqDy$dB¦¦ H¦¦"¦[email protected]
¦ ¦@¦ lB¦ L<L"¦bX¦¦¦"¦¦
B¦¦¦¦bB¦@@1LH<[email protected]¦¦¦s`¦H¦¦
B¦L¦Bc^B`¦@@¦¦[email protected]¦ ¦ ¦[email protected]¦H
¦|D$^B¦l¦¦¦¦¦ ¦[email protected]@ ¦
¦<[email protected]¦D¦ |@X¦¦¦"¦¦b¦¦ 0 &¦¦¦ H¦¦1¦!¦!
¦¦¦ ¦2H
[email protected]¦D
`"@@D¦[email protected] [email protected]@¦"d ¦#¦!¦¦@@¦` [email protected]¦H
¦¦¦¦<¦b ¦bB¦a¦¦¦@¦¦n ¦¦¦ [email protected]¦¦B"¦\D<@¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦&L¦¦[email protected]<@ B H#¦D¦HD¦¦¦"¦¦¦¦ L ¦bB¦D.¦[email protected]@
¦¦¦¦
¦
@`D¦B\ ¦¦¦¦&L¦¦"H ¦¦"¦b @dl ¦¦¦0¦X¦D¦¦H,"DBD¦0¦L
@¦" ¦
¦X¦D ¦¦¦¦D\@ [email protected]¦¦[email protected]¦[email protected]@@`¦[email protected]¦B¦ HD [email protected]¦
BD @l
¦
¦L¦[email protected]? ¦@@`D<L¦D¦0¦[email protected]¦ ¦¦¦[email protected]"n¦ @@@¦<1d¦¦¦¦!¦[email protected]¦$
B"X¦[email protected]
B¦D¦¦D¦$¦¦¦ ¦[email protected][email protected]"L¦H
¦

¦<LD¦"B¦¦¦@\b$d LH¦ X
@L¦"¦" ¦
¦¦¦@¦¦H
@XD @
¦ ¦X"¦@@D¦¦
X¦1¦@@D¦LX¦1¦@@D ¦Db¦@D¦¦¦@@DB¦H.¦¦
B¦¦@ HnB¦¦ ¦B H`
¦
@@Dd&[email protected]@@D¦¦¦&¦¦[email protected]@[email protected]¦¦¦$¦
[email protected]@DdXD¦L¦¦2¦@
@@@\D ¦by<¦¦1¦¦L¦$
@D¦D¦`B "¦[email protected]@¦ ¦ ¦¦0¦.¦[email protected]¦ <"¦
¦@D¦@¦¦¦1¦
@¦L ¦$b
¦¦|@¦D,¦¦¦x¦¦¦¦
"¦<¦,b
¦@¦l
¦|@@y
¦ ¦¦¦
<[email protected]|dy¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦
@¦B¦\¦ ¦[email protected]¦Hb
¦ ¦ ¦D!¦¦[email protected]$dx¦¦p?q¦1D`.¦B¦H.¦¦
B¦¦@¦`
¦1¦¦¦
B¦#¦
@@Dd&[email protected]@@D¦¦¦&¦¦[email protected]@[email protected]¦¦¦$¦
[email protected]@DdXD¦L¦¦2¦@
@@@\D ¦by<¦¦1¦¦L¦$
@D¦D¦`B "¦[email protected]@¦ ¦ ¦¦0¦.¦[email protected]¦ <"¦
¦@\&¦[email protected]¦¦`¦!
¦[email protected]@D¦d ¦¦¦¦¦D¦L ¦¦¦¦¦¦0¦1" ¦<nDsHXL"@@
¦¦"¦@\[email protected]¦!¦@. D1B¦¦@@¦b¦L f¦$¦¦¦¦¦@[email protected]¦¦¦@¦¦@¦ ¦"[email protected] ¦$d
B¦1¦¦@D¦"¦@
L¦¦@¦¦¦
¦@@@\@@
¦¦0¦¦
@¦@"¦¦`@
¦¦[email protected]¦"@¦[email protected]#¦8¦
@Dd¦¦¦¦
[email protected]@`@¦bB¦¦[email protected]

@DDH`¦?"¦
@¦@¦¦p¦¦|N¦¦`[email protected]"¦1¦[email protected]¦
H¦`¦¦$DDLf¦$¦0`¦¦¦¦@d¦¦¦¦¦1D BLDsHXL"@@
¦¦"¦@\[email protected]¦¦¦@¦@[email protected]@.¦ [email protected]
¦BX¦¦@[email protected]@¦¦¦
¦L¦
d.¦@l¦@¦,¦¦1¦L,¦
bB¦#B,"¦q¦¦|n¦¦¦¦¦@¦"[email protected]¦¦¦<¦¦H"[email protected]¦¦d`@¦[email protected]#¦8¦
@DdbB¦L¦ ¦bBD.B¦"¦¦H
¦b¦¦¦L¦¦2¦@
¦ ¦¦ ¦X¦L¦¦¦ ¦1
`"¦..F¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦@
¦¦2¦¦!¦!¦¦¦¦¦X¦qDb¦¦ ¦¦[email protected]|¦¦!¦b"@¦, @¦bb#¦[email protected]`@
L ¦$¦¦¦¦a¦\&¦b¦b ¦1
@[email protected]
¦@¦,¦¦1¦L,¦
bB¦#B,"¦q¦¦|n¦¦¦¦¦@¦"[email protected]¦¦
@¦"B¦1¦¦ b¦¦¦¦¦ 0¦¦L¦¦@[email protected]@"
@[email protected]¦¦.¦¦¦$"¦"X
¦¦@^F¦@¦ @`D
@D¦¦¦¦@¦p¦¦¦q
`B¦BLDD."[email protected]¦@¦B&¦A
¦@[email protected]@.¦ d
¦BX
[email protected]¦¦``
[email protected]¦¦`¦[email protected]@Dd"d,[email protected]¦@[email protected]@@¦¦¦¦¦&@@np¦¦"@|@\[email protected]¦Hb!¦¦ @
¦LX|@1\.¦|bH¦|D^<¦,¦¦ L ¦¦B¦L ¦$bbBL<@
@`[email protected]@¦¦¦¦ ¦¦@@H"@L" ¦ @H\@"¦[email protected]^¦¦x¦\ ¦B$ ¦[email protected]¦<l ¦`¦&BX"¦ ¦¦8¦L¦¦b¦¦¦[email protected] ¦ L¦?¦LN ¦ ¦1¦1|@¦¦ ¦¦¦¦
[email protected]¦D^"`@H\ D¦¦ 0
¦8¦L¦¦DH¦¦"¦¦¦[email protected]
[email protected]¦¦B¦¦[email protected]¦B"¦$n¦¦, @@¦
¦@@[email protected]¦ r¦LL ¦¦Ln¦@¦ ¦1¦¦¦"@DD¦¦¦¦¦¦[email protected]¦9$¦¦¦¦<¦L¦¦DB"¦¦¦2¦¦$8"[email protected]<¦"B¦Dd¦l$<¦¦¦\ $d¦1¦1
¦@ @ .
¦ ¦@X¦¦¦1B¦¦1¦1|¦ @1.¦[email protected]¦@¦H
b¦¦¦B¦¦¦ ¦!¦¦¦b¦D"DDD`¦|[email protected]¦|D|@@[email protected]
`s ¦,¦D\\¦
¦l¦$¦$X¦qLd`s X¦¦¦bB¦#¦$n¦¦, @@¦
¦@@[email protected]¦ r¦LL ¦¦Ln¦@¦ ¦1¦¦¦"@DD¦¦¦¦¦¦[email protected]¦9$¦¦¦¦<¦L¦¦DB"¦¦¦2¦¦$8"[email protected]<¦"B¦Dd¦l$<¦¦¦\ $d¦1¦1
¦@ @ .
¦ ¦@X¦¦¦1B¦¦1¦1|¦ @¦ ?¦¦q¦@.DbDf [email protected]`¦¦#b¦[email protected]"¦d
B¦#¦@"
HD
¦@BF¦¦xH¦bb¦¦|¦`¦¦¦¦bny?¦¦¦D
B¦#¦¦@\HLB¦ x¦.B¦< x [email protected]`¦¦"D|L
\¦¦¦D
[email protected]#@@XL¦@[email protected]"¦¦^n
¦"¦¦DD¦ LD
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦@¦ ¦q¦!¦
[email protected] .F¦¦<¦¦¦¦¦¦¦[email protected]DH¦¦¦¦¦¦¦[email protected]¦ ¦p¦[email protected]¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦`@¦H¦¦¦¦¦¦H`lB¦¦¦@
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦@@@¦y¦¦`¦!¦|@@DN¦bB¦#¦H.¦@" b¦ ¦@[email protected]¦d.F¦¦¦"¦!
\¦ " `¦¦1¦|@b< [email protected] `.1¦¦<¦x¦¦<¦¦¦[email protected]¦lB¦¦ ¦[email protected]`¦L¦|¦1¦|@D¦¦ b8 @@¦¦¦¦¦L&¦$
DX¦DD¦<f¦¦`¦¦¦¦¦¦H
H"b
L¦¦ ¦`¦ ¦ [email protected]¦.<¦"¦"@n¦@¦!¦q¦|@ ¦¦¦1¦1LD¦fff¦1¦1LD¦f¦¦¦1¦¦
@¦"¦
@¦¦¦B¦!¦[email protected]$
[email protected]¦DXD¦" @"¦"D ¦D&¦1¦¦[email protected]#¦#¦ ¦0¦D`¦
¦¦¦¦[email protected]¦"¦b`[email protected]¦¦¦¦H
H¦ ¦¦1¦q¦1L<lBH |@q?¦|b1¦q¦¦|$d"0 @¦
@¦¦[email protected]@.¦¦
¦@@`L¦@bB¦"@D.¦
¦¦@
"¦@b ¦¦@H10¦¦`d¦ b¦¦¦¦¦1¦¦\ ¦$& x
¦¦¦ 0 [email protected]¦@¦ L¦¦¦< x"8¦D
¦&¦¦BD\@@BH¦ 0b\"[email protected]@F¦D"b\ ¦D¦¦n¦¦L¦<¦¦<L¦l¦<¦¦Bb
H¦D"@¦@F¦¦¦¦q¦[email protected]¦ H#?L¦¦[email protected]¦#b¦¦1¦1¦&@¦H
¦¦0¦¦¦|L¦< d¦¦q¦1L¦`¦¦[email protected]`D¦¦#
¦¦y¦ ¦¦ ¦1|@¦"¦HfB? ¦¦!¦1|L¦<L¦`&¦¦ ¦B.<¦`¦ ¦0|@¦"dB¦¦
¦`¦ ¦!|@¦D$2¦
B¦¦¦X.¦|L¦<\ #¦¦¦¦ ¦p?|fB¦1¦ ¦¦|@\[email protected]¦¦ 8¦

?¦@.<f
¦.BL¦ ¦@¦¦@X¦&@DB
Bb¦q¦\.<fd¦ ¦¦¦¦@C¦yd.¦¦¦|DS¦¦bB¦¦¦8&@@@L\¦¦p¦¦?<¦bB¦#¦¦`¦¦q¦¦q¦|[email protected]¦¦bB¦ ¦¦¦X¦ ¦H
¦D¦@¦BF¦[email protected]¦q¦@¦[email protected]¦#B?
¦¦¦ @¦ D"b¦L¦d¦¦[email protected]¦¦<L¦¦
¦.¦@[email protected]¦!¦,¦@@`b `"¦¦¦ ,¦.Db¦f X¦¦@¦ ¦¦ @D"@¦¦<¦|¦¦`¦0¦¦ q¦[email protected]¦¦ndXD¦bB¦#¦HD¦
\"Ddbqb
a"¦¦@@D¦ @Xq¦¦D n¦$
D"@¦BF¦@|@[email protected]¦1B¦ ` ,1¦¦¦B¦¦¦[email protected]¦#dfpd¦ ¦[email protected]@¦|D\b ¦@ D1¦1¦1¦L¦`<L¦L¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦?¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦H
"¦¦"b¦"&L¦<`¦0 @@¦[email protected]¦q¦@¦1B¦¦`¦¦¦H¦b¦¦8L¦"b¦N¦d
¦DH`
¦LX¦`BH¦¦b¦!¦@@d¦B
¦0¦1¦[email protected]¦@@@X¦ `¦¦@¦ @@¦¦¦$8 B
¦ ¦ 8
H¦¦¦¦¦¦¦!¦n¦`B¦ @@XL¦¦¦¦ ,¦¦¦`pb ¦HX¦@¦ ¦¦ @¦¦D"¦¦¦<nf`¦1¦¦q¦[email protected]¦¦¦<¦¦[email protected]¦"¦¦ # \"DDbq¦
¦¦¦@@D¦,p¦¦Dn¦$
8D"@¦BF¦¦¦¦p¦@¦[email protected]¦ddL¦H¦b¦¦[email protected]¦l¦ ¦X"¦@`¦ ¦[email protected]¦`¦¦¦H¦b¦¦8L¦"b¦N¦d
¦DH`
¦LX¦`BH¦¦b¦!¦@@d¦B
¦0¦1¦[email protected]¦@@@X¦ `¦¦@¦ @@¦¦¦$8 B
¦ ¦ 8
H¦¦¦¦¦¦¦!¦n¦`B¦ @@XL¦¦¦¦ ,¦¦¦`pb ¦HX¦@¦ ¦¦ @¦¦D"¦¦¦<nf`¦1¦¦q¦[email protected]¦¦¦<¦¦[email protected]¦"¦¦ # \"DDbq¦
¦¦¦@@D¦,p¦¦Dn¦$
8D"@¦BF¦¦¦¦p¦@¦[email protected]¦ddL¦H¦b¦¦[email protected]¦l¦ ¦X"¦@`¦ ¦[email protected]¦¦¦D¦¦@ ¦8"fB¦H¦1¦!¦
¦$&¦ #b¦¦<LDL¦"¦¦D ¦¦¦¦¦1Dl¦ bpl¦¦¦D1dn¦ ¦p¦|L¦|@@^¦¦ ¦ ¦¦¦
@"r¦¦!D¦n¦qb
¦!¦<L1¦¦¦$¦¦¦X¦
¦1¦dB¦¦ ¦`¦¦¦¦|@¦¦ dsb¦¦1¦¦L¦<¦|¦¦¦1¦¦¦1Dn¦ b
¦0¦Db¦[email protected]¦¦¦¦¦ ¦0¦¦1¦@¦¦`.¦¦¦|HX¦@¦¦[email protected]¦¦&¦"@¦¦¦¦
¦L¦"@@¦"¦¦`H<L¦$d< `¦[email protected]¦@"¦¦ `H<np ¦[email protected]¦X&¦`H<L¦¦b¦< ¦¦q¦¦[email protected]¦¦¦DL ´¦H¦,D
d¦HX ¦&`1B¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

navin23

Sep 29, 2018
This when i set my pc and putty to 921600 baud copied from putty clipboard.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
BpL`[email protected]@D▒@l▒|▒▒`▒▒1|@@D @[email protected]@▒▒ ▒▒[email protected]\▒▒H H#d▒@[email protected]▒▒▒▒\▒1d`\▒!▒
▒▒@$▒[email protected][email protected] @B▒[email protected][email protected][email protected]@▒@H
`
▒!▒1▒@\▒d▒
@▒▒L
H 0,▒ ▒@[email protected]▒DqfD▒ x\[email protected]▒|▒<▒ ▒@Ȁ@D▒ ▒▒ [email protected]▒"▒$^▒▒▒p▒DD▒\d,8▒|@^▒<▒
▒X▒▒"L▒[email protected]@▒▒▒|b▒▒" ▒▒BH$
df`▒▒q▒▒▒2▒ [email protected]▒dd▒`▒▒[email protected]@ L [email protected]▒$▒H.▒[email protected]▒L<L"▒b▒▒▒"▒▒▒bbB▒▒▒▒▒bB▒@@▒<L"▒f
D▒▒▒ N▒
[email protected]▒ ▒@8b▒
b▒▒@p▒1▒|@ B H▒@H▒▒[email protected]▒▒▒|▒▒`▒.B▒▒ H
[email protected]@▒$ę▒@@@▒$ęb▒X▒▒ ▒▒X▒DqfD▒ x\[email protected]▒|▒<▒ ▒@Ȁ@D▒ ▒▒ [email protected]▒"▒$^▒▒▒p▒DD▒\d,8▒|@^▒<▒
▒X▒▒"L▒[email protected]@▒ly▒x|D.D ▒▒BH$
df`▒▒q▒▒▒2▒ [email protected]▒dd▒`▒▒[email protected]@ L [email protected]▒$▒H.▒[email protected]▒L<L"▒b▒▒▒"▒▒▒bbB▒▒▒▒▒bB▒@@▒<L"▒f
D▒▒▒ N▒
[email protected]▒ ▒@8b▒
b▒▒@p▒1▒|@ B [email protected]▒LFH▒$▒ ⋀bD,▒▒H▒2▒
▒▒ BH▒▒▒ ▒"▒"▒2▒▒@[email protected]@Dd▒▒▒▒▒▒▒H [email protected]$dLL "▒▒H
D"D▒▒1▒D▒▒H, "[email protected]"▒▒0▒L ▒LD ▒▒1▒▒@▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒"DL ▒1
DlB# sd▒▒▒
@▒▒[email protected] [email protected]@@

@`[email protected]"
▒ ▒@`Bc▒
▒▒@X̹ ▒@@`D<L▒D▒1▒1▒ [email protected]▒ ▒▒▒DB#nq▒[email protected]@▒@<@▒▒&▒ ▒▒▒&`BFBDBLLH
HL
@<@▒▒▒▒ $▒▒▒▒▒▒▒8L
▒@@▒▒▒▒▒▒L▒[email protected]
B▒@[email protected]$dLL "▒▒H
D"D▒▒1▒D▒▒H, "[email protected]"▒▒0▒L ▒LD ▒▒1▒▒@▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒"DL ▒1
DlB# sd▒▒▒
@▒▒[email protected] [email protected]@@

@`[email protected]"
▒ ▒@`Bc▒
▒▒@X̹ ▒@@`D<L▒D▒1▒1▒ [email protected]▒ ▒▒▒DB#nq▒[email protected]@▒\"▒D▒▒<▒[email protected]@▒@@B▒▒
[email protected]▒▒@▒▒1▒fd▒▒`▒
▒@[email protected]▒d
▒@
▒́d▒▒▒[email protected]▒▒▒1▒▒L Hb L"`^FX
▒@DFd
`▒▒|d▒▒|▒
▒@▒@^BDd▒▒▒
D.▒@▒B▒▒▒▒
[email protected] ▒D
B▒# 1▒▒@▒d▒@
.▒▒▒▒▒@@▒@▒`@
▒ ▒▒
@▒@"▒▒`
B▒▒▒[email protected]▒"B▒▒▒8▒
[email protected]@D▒▒▒&FF▒b▒▒▒bB▒#BD.BL"H
@▒[email protected]
▒▒▒B
▒@▒`
ȑ|▒▒1▒▒n▒$▒
@▒"B ▒▒ b▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒1#▒▒@lAXLD ▒B"▒@@▒b<`L"`^FX
▒@DFd
`▒▒|d▒▒|▒
▒@▒@^BDd▒▒▒
D.▒@▒B▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒"y▒▒`▒▒!̄|[email protected]
@`▒▒▒@ H|▒▒"▒▒ #▒HD▒▒[email protected]Ȅ
@@
y$▒▒@▒▒|@▒▒ bb▒q▒
d.▒▒▒"▒▒ #Dp dB ▒8\▒$` ▒▒▒@ ▒▒▒ ▒p▒1▒1▒@▒ ▒|D.▒d▒
▒L\nH▒▒▒DD▒`"< ▒
$D\▒F▒
1 ▒D▒▒D!▒▒@X&▒[email protected]@
▒1▒▒[email protected]@▒LDD▒1N▒p`▒@L
▒B▒q▒b▒▒▒"▒"▒▒",▒▒[email protected]▒"▒▒ BB▒@▒"▒▒q▒1▒[email protected]`▒▒ #$d▒ ▒q▒1▒@@F▒▒&@▒#▒ȁ&1▒[email protected]▒ @X&▒▒@"[email protected]▒8▒[email protected]"▒▒bH▒ ▒ ▒▒@@b▒ @▒X"D▒N▒▒@"▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒`▒▒▒▒,`▒▒▒a▒▒▒▒
▒▒X"D▒[email protected]▒ ▒▒
@▒"▒▒ #@▒▒▒b▒[email protected]|fB▒▒▒&▒▒
H▒ "b▒▒LHnB▒[email protected],▒▒▒
B▒#▒p▒▒qL▒▒Dy▒▒▒▒▒bB▒#▒▒X!▒L▒<b^cy▒ ▒p▒▒▒▒
▒X
L▒<"▒D▒q▒▒L 2ȁ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
I have this uart cable. When i set my pc to 921600 i don't get any log. I can only get log when i set it to 9600 or 115200. If tried switch the rx and tx cable but get no log. This is the putty clipboard log.

All GND solder pads on the stick will work, as long RX goes to TX and vice versa.
I guess your cable lacks a signal converter chip and thats the reason we see only garbage in the log.
I've a cheap 3 bucks USB to TTL UART bought from amazon, black board with CP2102 chip.
My setup was always 115200 baud in the windows settings and 921600 in putty.

because it's still grounded via hdmi duh!
(y)
If you power/connect the fireStick and the UART adapter via USB ports on the same PC, it may work without any soldered GND connection... But ofc, a GND to GND wire is best.

Last edited:

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Ok, I got a red board uart ttl converter and i was able to get some logs. Thanks again.
Thanks. The clipboard.txt log out of your zip is nice and clean, seems complete and it looks good, at least for me.

@k4y0z Maybe you can take a look at his log too, please :)
Here is a quick TL/DR of this thread for you:
Some people tried to clone a 4k stick with a TWRP backup = fails.
A restore back to factory default / stock fails.
Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik, Data and a clean install of stock rom doesn't help.
Re-do of the unlock, stock-rom + magisk flash doesn't help.
GPT-fix + stock-rom + magisk flash doesn't help.
Format data, system and vendor via hacked BL + a clean stock-rom flash doesn't help.
TWRP and hacked BL works fine. Idme data looks good.

The fireSticks refuse to boot, so adb logcat isn't accessible.
Do you want tell how to switch printk.disable_uart, in order to get a linux kernel bootlog with the serial console?

Regards^^