Unbrick Fire TV Stick 4K. Help!

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Sus_i,

You've completely missed my point.

Lets just say that kb has unique data, after you root with kamakiri.

Then you get blackscreened.

You are told to downgrade or at least flash stock, But nothing you read works.

Now here's what you dont get:

What if the unique data prevented the downgrade in the first place? What if this was the ACTUAL problem? It would appear to be, at least others mention it.

I already mentioned having previously wiped ALL partitions in my attempts to get out of the blackscreen. I simply did not wipe kb during these wipes at this time, because according to kamakiri, kb doesn't exist, so I had to find the correct syntax to wipe it ANYWAY.

My firestick is running better than it did.

Not because I wiped what your saying not to, but because I'm correct, and you are cwrong.

kb is empty when flashing kamakiri.

In fact it is wiped by the kamakiri reflash, you see, Tk writes to tee1, & /or Tee1 writes to Tee2, one or both write to kb, and if kb is not wiped isn't it possible that this is the incrementation that decides what you can flash? So in effect kamakiri resets all three! Wether we wipe them or not, kamakiri does. Oh wait, (take the piss time lol) Tee 1 writes to Tee2, then both write CHECKSUM of each image to kb, all while running the first step in kamakiri, correct? - Cwrong. This is hypothesis.

I just made sure they were wiped!

by doing

fastoot format '' <-Thats 2 ' , not the " used in quotes.

My blackscreen (drm issues if you say so) were solved, no more blackscreen! Oh, and I'll point out that depending on your hdmi LEAD, this may be a green screen, as I found out changing mine ;)

With regards to your first question, Why do I think they are bigger, because R_box sez so, and because mine were, and if you read many others logs rather than nitpicking... as for why there would be checksums, that part was me saying, sound's like modem security, applied to the firestick, albeit in a different way, this part was hypothesis on my part, hence I MAY BE Right or I may be wrong. Kb is a checksum of Tee 1 & Tee2, yes, unique huh? So your Tee1 and Tee2 are identical, just like in modem security.

It was my idea way back in 2010 to apply a mirror image, for modem security on sbh. In fact it was BADad who banned me, an electronics engineer, for showing how to short the isp pin, he then took the credit, now where have you read that? Have you also read my being granted copyright notice (as in I OWN it..) to the hack used by the fbi when they hacked some san-whatever's iphone? I INVENTED IT.

Dont tell other's not to do what worked for me, just because you never solved the problem.

I never solved the problem, I got OUT of it.

Solve problems instead of creating them.

This is not an attack, it is me stating facts and theories with someone's sad attempts to bring me down to their level.

No dis-respect intended :)

My ability to find what other's cant is because I DONT know, what those who know it all DO, I'm not a train stuck on the same track, I'm an all terain kinda chap!

I did the work, and it worked for me, a week all in, but hey...
lol, alright man, won't pick up any of your bs again... pointless^^

Duno 'bout cloning (yet) - just saying how I got out of my black screen.

Reactions: 0815hoffi

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
It's my fault, I think different, flawed logic used to explain something when I honestly admit to not being able to express myself after so long learning what I read, from retina burnout to I'm too old to go into explanation, I showed a path I took, then explained my flawed logic, for in that flawed logic is the answer you seek, wether you knew the answer or not I dont know, I have yet to find it, but my search ended when I knew it worked, and I wrote my noes here... ok next challenge.. I like thinking like this, it allows me to be free of a mind that can't create and has to listen to a voice.

That voice tells you, what you know, I dont hear voices. I create what you learn, because I'm too far ahead of what it is you know. I know we're both right, explaining different branches that lead to the same path, either could be a cause, or a failure.

The hacker in me says this. People know what they know, the code is there for all to see if you know where to look. I dont see it like that. I ripped open a transistor radio, not to see how it worked, but where the sound was coming from. My dad walked in and says, put it back together. I was 4 yrs old. I'm still looking for where that sound came from today, in my search, I read, the eyes catch on, and write it somewhere...

To quote Riddick.. It was my plan...

Bertonumber1

May 17, 2020
Glasgow UK
It's my fault, I think different, flawed logic used to explain something when I honestly admit to not being able to express myself after so long learning what I read, from retina burnout to I'm too old to go into explanation, I showed a path I took, then explained my flawed logic, for in that flawed logic is the answer you seek, wether you knew the answer or not I dont know, I have yet to find it, but my search ended when I knew it worked, and I wrote my noes here... ok next challenge.. I like thinking like this, it allows me to be free of a mind that can't create and has to listen to a voice.

That voice tells you, what you know, I dont hear voices. I create what you learn, because I'm too far ahead of what it is you know. I know we're both right, explaining different branches that lead to the same path, either could be a cause, or a failure.

The hacker in me says this. People know what they know, the code is there for all to see if you know where to look. I dont see it like that. I ripped open a transistor radio, not to see how it worked, but where the sound was coming from. My dad walked in and says, put it back together. I was 4 yrs old. I'm still looking for where that sound came from today, in my search, I read, the eyes catch on, and write it somewhere...

To quote Riddick.. It was my plan...
I want some of what you're on mate.. It may not be a good idea to endulge in hallucinogenics whilst browsing the web.

Now... I managed to brick, unbrick, download stock and gapps and flash my stick again, about the same amount of time it's taken to even attempt to decipher what you're on about???

So you claim to have the wisdom... share it, but share it in an uncondescending and helpful manner, we help each other out here it's what we do.

If you're as knowledgable (and capable) as you say. After all you stated you're "too far ahead of what it is you know" then how about grabbing the source and helping out with Los 14 Mantis on Git? Or maybe having a look at Sloane development now he's unlocked??

Do something productive and help others out who may not be as blessed or fortunate to be as well informed as you seem to be instead of all this philosophy nonsense and talking sh*t that ain't doing anybody good.

"the hacker in you says" I don't know anyone who would openly brag about being one.. Esp on an open forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sus_i

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
Lol, I like it, it's like, wtf did I just do... trying to remember the copy n pasted lines aint that much fun... I aint a hacker, I'm better, it's like, discovering what hackers then write scripts for...

It's more 'analogy' than drugs, dont do 'em, but alas, sitting indoors on lockdown aint that good for thr brain...

I do electronics. I post what works, and my idea's always turn out to be either correct or true, and they're all based on what others have written. Aquarius rules, and will do for the next 26.000 odd years...

In the end, the constant updating put me off even using online anymore, it's simply not worth it in my opinion, and now that everythings being shutdown, I wonder how long it's gonna take governments to realise if we cant afford to use online, then bang goes their tracing everyone... Big brother getting too greedy does us all a favour!

Nah, seriously, If I chip in with a way, that's probably THE way, but I'm too old to keep up with the updates, all I really need is someone who can turn what I give into goodness...

Kinda like a translator.

• Haha
Reactions: Bertonumber1

pav2019

Feb 7, 2021
Hello,

yesterday i bought firestick tv lite and connected but it was showing as "no signal"

for other tvs it working i have checked my neighbors one..

though i have HDMI port its not working.

its SAMSUNG LCD TV. (LA32C350D1)

any suggestions??

Bertonumber1

May 17, 2020
Glasgow UK
Hello,

yesterday i bought firestick tv lite and connected but it was showing as "no signal"

for other tvs it working i have checked my neighbors one..

though i have HDMI port its not working.

its SAMSUNG LCD TV. (LA32C350D1)

any suggestions??
Hi there how's things? OK if another Hdmi is not an option u can use an Hdmi to RCA converter and use the rca jack's on your TV (provided it has them)as an input solution for your stick.
Also try changing the default resolution on the stick as sometimes this can be the culprit.

Last edited:

rpmuploads

Dec 3, 2020
I finally got back into mine after trying every stock I could find, and failing, try this:

Grab origional stock firmware, that was on your firestick when you bought it, mine was 6.2.6.8, so I'll post using this version, your's may be different, but I'll bet the process works for all.

I: load fireiso, then do the short, but use ./gpt-fix.sh

2: Device will boot into fastboot, from here:

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase tee1
fastboot erase tee2
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase logo
fastboot format /vendor
fastboot format system

3: disconnect firestick

4: Do short again, because you just wiped boot

5: When in fastboot, unplug.

6: Rebooted to win (7 x64) to use latest platform-tools:

fastboot flash boot 6.2.6.8boot.img (taken from stock)
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

7: Rebooted into fireiso, Do both steps in Kamakiri

8:
adb push update-kindle-mantis-NS6268-Origional.zip /sdcard/update-kindle-mantis-NS6268-Origional.zip
adb shell twrp wipe cache
adb shell twrp wipe data
adb shell twrp wipe dalvik
adb shell twrp wipe /system

Do push again to be sure

adb push update-kindle-mantis-NS6268-Origional.zip /sdcard/update-kindle-mantis-NS6268-Origional.zip

and then

adb shell twrp install /sdcard/update-kindle-mantis-NS6268-Origional.zip

adb shell reboot -p

Voila, back to origional stock!

Notes: I noticed we are told to flash the boot after installing stock, I flashed the stock boot BEFORE flashing stock. All previous attempt's had me flashing respective boot.img (for respective firmware version, AFTER)

Makes sense, dunnit?

Edit2: I'm in Scotland, it updated to 6.2.7.6/2933 just for the record, I wanted to install the 7.7, but thought twice, as maybe being too high got me the boot?

Then while writing this and seting adb I notice it's updating to 6.2.7.7/3027, so once done I can go back to the rooted 7.7...
I've tried but I didn't work for me. Still stuck at the FireTV black and white logo.
As @navin23 said, it seems that this method does not work in devices that were bricked while trying clone (i.e. twrp restore of a backup from another stick).
In any case, many thanks @Pachacouti for describing your method, and I'm glad that you solved your problem.

One thing perhaps worth mentioning is that the following command returned an error:
fastboot format /vendor
I was only able to execute it without the slash (fastboot format vendor). However, for the rest of the commands I did exactly as described - I even installed a Win 7 x64 with the latest platform tools (and Amazon usb driver).

Cheers,
Rui