Unbrick from bootloop iteration [CEREUS] Xiaomi Redmi 6 MT6765

Search This thread
How to UNBRICK when not booting after flashing stuck on fastboot/preloader mode [HELP] [Redmi 6]
I flashed a wrong boot image(boot.img extracted from MIUI Recovery ROM 10.3.5) via fastboot. (patched for magisk 21.4)
My Redmi 6 device is just unlocked its bootloader 4 days ago.
I tried flashing through Mi Flash Tool, but it doesn't detect my device(Vol - button holding down), it shows "find device timeout". Also SP Flash tool also. It shows "STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005)" error.
So I trying to use MTK bypass(See on GitHub: https://github.com/MTK-bypass/bypass_utility )

Skip steps 1-5 after first usage

1. Install python(select "Add Python X.X to PATH")
2. Install libusb-win32
3. Launch filter wizard, click next
4. Connect powered off phone with volume+ button, you should see new serial device in the list. Select it and click install
5. Install pyusb, pyserial, json5 with command:
pip install pyusb pyserial json5
6. Run this command and connect your powered off phone with volume+ button, you should get "Protection disabled" at the end
python main.py
7. After that, without disconnecting phone, run SP Flash Tool

In Step 6,
I got this error while running main.py of MTK bypass in CMD(Admin).

raise RuntimeError(Default config is missing)
RuntimeError Default config is missing

Also tried running this module in Python IDLE.
I used Python 3.7 version in Windows 7 and Python 3.9.4 in Windows 10.

LibUSB device filter installed for the MTK USB Port while the bootloop iteration.
I have fastboot ROM for my device. (I used MIUI 10.3.6 cereus_global_images_V10.3.6.0.OCGMIXM_20190823.0000.00_8.1_global_1c888d5868.tgz ) Latest Fastboot ROM V11.0.5 here. SPD version used is v5.1924.
Anyone know how to solve this problem? Please help?

Attachments

• main.py error.png
    main.py error.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 574
  • libusb-win32filter.png
    libusb-win32filter.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 539
  • miflash.PNG
    miflash.PNG
    144.5 KB · Views: 506
  • ERROR STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005).PNG
    ERROR STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005).PNG
    240 KB · Views: 465
  • SPD.PNG
    SPD.PNG
    134.8 KB · Views: 440
  • IDLE.png
    IDLE.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:

_fizi_

May 1, 2020
I just tried this method 1 hour ago and it works, you just didn't followed instructions properly.
"RuntimeError Default config is missing" means that you didn't copied default config into brom.bat folder.

You need to copy all files from this archives to folder with brom.bat file.

And after that you need to set connection to COM port because MTK emulates COM port through USB and set bandwidth to the highest possible.

I just tried this method 1 hour ago and it works, you just didn't followed instructions properly.
"RuntimeError Default config is missing" means that you didn't copied default config into brom.bat folder.

And after that you need to set connection to COM port because MTK emulates COM port through USB and set bandwidth to the highest possible.

Can you mention where is the brom.bat folder?

Can you mention where is the brom.bat folder?
I extracted files from exploits_collection.zip into bypass_utility-1.4.1 folder overwriting the README.md file.
Now MTK bypass done and I got protection disabled. But when I trying to flash with SPD, it shows "ERROR : STATUS_STOR_LIFE_EXHAUST (0xC003001D)". I tried UART mode, and changed COM Ports, Also tried without battery (option changed in SPD).

[I tested in windows 7 SP1 64-bit]
Any solution or mistakes?
[But I couldn't test this in Windows 10 because libusb doesn't show my MTK USB Port now]

Attachments

• COM9 PORT SET.png
    COM9 PORT SET.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 195
  • MTK Bypassed.png
    MTK Bypassed.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 181
  • tried_UART_mode.png
    tried_UART_mode.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 204
  • STATUS_STOR_LIFE_EXHAUST (0xC003001D).png
    STATUS_STOR_LIFE_EXHAUST (0xC003001D).png
    213.6 KB · Views: 217

Redmi6newbie

Apr 28, 2021
You need mct. Exe
And python
This is cause from error brom.....bla bla In spflashtool

Attachments

• 1619596615948..jpg
    1619596615948..jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 130

Redmi6newbie

Apr 28, 2021
Pake mct mtk, cari di yutup
MOD EDIT: Please post only in English according to the FORUM RULES or at least add an English translation below your foreign language(Google translator for example),translation added below:

Using mctk, search on yutup

Last edited by a moderator:

Redmi6newbie

Apr 28, 2021
Redmi 6 saya juga udah deadboot seminggu an, padahal 2 bulan yg lalu dah kena 250 di repartisi emmc di konter, akhirnya saya cari di yutub gugel, alhamdulillah nemu juga caranya
MOD EDIT: Please post only in English according to the FORUM RULES or at least add an English translation below your foreign language(Google translator for example),translation added below:

My Redmi 6 also has a deadboot for a week, even though 2 months ago I got 250 at the EMMC repartition at the counter, finally I looked for it on Yutub Gugel, thank God I found the way too

Last edited by a moderator:
My Redmi 6 again stuck at Mi Logo. While using normally, it became hang and restarted automatically and stuck at Mi Logo.
I tried to flash device through Mi Flash Tool with login, but device didn't detect in it.
After that tried sp flash tool along with libusb devel filter and MTK bypass through python in UART Mode(detected as MTK USB Port(COM23)).
But first it shows ERROR: STATUS_ERR (0xC0010001). So I unchecked LIB DA Check and Storage Life Cycle Check from Option in SP Flash Tool(I used version v5.19.24)
Everytime tried again with "PROTECTION DISABLED" from MTK Bypass. I have also tried MCT_MTK_BYPASS tool for this along with SP Flash tool. But now it shows STATUS_DOWNLOAD_EXCEPTION, Flashing started by downloading DA and then stuck and port disappeared(Shows unknown in status bar instead of High Speed).
I tried [Hovatek] Xiaomi Redmi 6 DA & Auth but again stuck at Download Boot Loader 0% while flashing. Unchecked Preloader and tried.

Help? What to do with? Is there anyone provide custom DA for Redmi 6(cereus)?

Attachments

• STATUS_DOWNLOAD_EXCEPTION.png
    STATUS_DOWNLOAD_EXCEPTION.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Flashing stuck and port disappeared.png
    Flashing stuck and port disappeared.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Hovatek DA applied.png
    Hovatek DA applied.png
    316.7 KB · Views: 34
  • STATUS_BROM_CMD_JUMP_DA_FAIL.png
    STATUS_BROM_CMD_JUMP_DA_FAIL.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 46
  • STATUS_ERR (0xC0010001).png
    STATUS_ERR (0xC0010001).png
    122.1 KB · Views: 57
Help me please
My Redmi 6 again stuck at Mi Logo. While using normally, it became hang and restarted automatically and stuck at Mi Logo.
I tried to flash device through Mi Flash (Pro) Tool and After that tried sp flash tool(version v5.19.24) along with libusb devel filter and MTK bypass through python in UART Mode(detected as MTK USB Port(COM23)).
And got "PROTECTION DISABLED" from MTK Bypass. [I have also tried MCT_MTK_BYPASS tool for this along with SP Flash tool].
But it shows "STATUS_DOWNLOAD_EXCEPTION" error in SP flash tool, Flashing started by downloading DA and then stopped and port disappeared(Shows unknown in status bar instead of High Speed). And no error message; so I waited more than 1 hour. No result - not flashing.

But it shows STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL in mi flash pro tool with authenticated mi account and now it not showing mi logo too, only charging indicator LED(But port detects when in libusb devel filter)
Help? How to flash or restore in this condition?

FM_ComBoEmmc_UFS_ALL.err error in Mi Flash
STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL mi flash pro.png
FM_ComBoEmmc_UFS_ALL.err error Mi Flash.png
cb_download_da called ~~~~~~ error Mi Flash.png
FM_ComBoEmmc_UFS_ALL.err error Mi Flash

Last edited: