Unbrick guide! 99,9% WORKING! (Repairs the unrepairable!!)

Search This thread

Lopicl.00

Sep 25, 2012
Androidland
HEY PEEPS!!!

I have great news for you all! Now i'll tell you my experience:
I flashed a custom rom, but something went wrong, and i needed to restore with odin. Now comes the problem, even after restoring with odin IN EVERY DIFFERENT WAY, i wasn't able to format my /data partition. (trust me i tried every method, from odin in many ways to ext4 formatter to flashing another rom, nothing worked). If you know, stock recovery should ALWAYS be able to wipe data, as it uses a special binary script to format the partitions.
IN THIS CASE THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE, and it gave an error: "E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/stl11".

NOW I COME WITH THE SOLUTION: everything i did is CREATE AN ODIN PDA.TAR WITH A "FAKE" USERDATA.IMG

It actually worked for me, and it should also for you!

So, if you're getting BOOTLOOP and "E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/stl11" on stock recovery, here we are.

NOTE: You can use this guide also for restore to stock firmware, but this is made mainly for /data partition error.

HERE WE GO
1) Download this RAR DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE
2) UNRAR and open odin, remove your phone battery, hold VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, and, when still holding the buttons, plug in the USB cable connected to PC.
3) Assure that ODIN shows "ADDED!" in the messages, if not, install samsung kies.
4) Put the packages in this way:
- PDA_XXMB2_with_userdata.tar ---> in PDA section
- BOOTLOADER_XXLB1_REV00.tar ---> in BOOTLOADER (or BOOT) section
- CSC_ITVMC1.tar (not mandatory) ---> in CSC section
- PHONE_XXMB2.tar ---> in PHONE section
5) Press start and wait the process to finish.
6) When finished, re-plug the phone battery in (still having the phone connected to the pc). Now the phone will turn on. If you installed also CSC.tar then it will boot to recovery to install an upadte.zip and automatically reboots.
7)IMPORTANT PASS: Unplug usb cable, remove and re-plug the battery, press POWER+VOLUME UP+HOME until the screen turns on, the phone will boot in recovery mode. DO A WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET, NOW IT SHOULD NO MORE GIVE "E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/stl11" AND THERE YOU GO!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HEY PEEPS!!!

I have great news for you all! Now i'll tell you my experience:
    I flashed a custom rom, but something went wrong, and i needed to restore with odin. Now comes the problem, even after restoring with odin IN EVERY DIFFERENT WAY, i wasn't able to format my /data partition. (trust me i tried every method, from odin in many ways to ext4 formatter to flashing another rom, nothing worked). If you know, stock recovery should ALWAYS be able to wipe data, as it uses a special binary script to format the partitions.
    IN THIS CASE THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE, and it gave an error: "E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/stl11".

NOW I COME WITH THE SOLUTION: everything i did is CREATE AN ODIN PDA.TAR WITH A "FAKE" USERDATA.IMG

It actually worked for me, and it should also for you!

So, if you're getting BOOTLOOP and "E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/stl11" on stock recovery, here we are.

NOTE: You can use this guide also for restore to stock firmware, but this is made mainly for /data partition error.

HERE WE GO
    1) Download this RAR DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE
    2) UNRAR and open odin, remove your phone battery, hold VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, and, when still holding the buttons, plug in the USB cable connected to PC.
    3) Assure that ODIN shows "ADDED!" in the messages, if not, install samsung kies.
    4) Put the packages in this way:
    - PDA_XXMB2_with_userdata.tar ---> in PDA section
    - BOOTLOADER_XXLB1_REV00.tar ---> in BOOTLOADER (or BOOT) section
    - CSC_ITVMC1.tar (not mandatory) ---> in CSC section
    - PHONE_XXMB2.tar ---> in PHONE section
    5) Press start and wait the process to finish.
    6) When finished, re-plug the phone battery in (still having the phone connected to the pc). Now the phone will turn on. If you installed also CSC.tar then it will boot to recovery to install an upadte.zip and automatically reboots.
    7)IMPORTANT PASS: Unplug usb cable, remove and re-plug the battery, press POWER+VOLUME UP+HOME until the screen turns on, the phone will boot in recovery mode. DO A WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET, NOW IT SHOULD NO MORE GIVE "E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/stl11" AND THERE YOU GO!
    This was the only method that worked for me. Grazie mille!
    No problem mate :)

Inviato da Moto G 2013 tramite Tapatalk 4
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone