• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unbrick Hard bricked Moto E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rohit99

Jan 23, 2014
Bengaluru
Unbrick Your Device

What is A Brick?

A Brick Usually Occurs when you Flash a Wrong Firmware on your device or you try to downgrade your bootloader. In both the cases if you see nothing but a blank screen and "qhsusb_bulk" when connecting to the computer (Check Devices and Printers on your PC) .

Prerequisites

INSTRUCTIONS

If you have A 64-Bit Processor you'll need to disable driver signature Enforcement. Press F8 while the computer is booting and then choose the option.

• Go To Start and search for Device Manager
  • Plug in your Moto e
  • You'll See qhsusb_bulk
  • Now select update driver Software
  • Choose from the Riffbox Jtag Drivers.
  • Now you'll see Qualcomm HS-USB QLoader 9008
  • Unzip the motorola qboot utility and run blankflash.bat
  • Now Enter into fastboot from your Moto e
  • You can now flash the firmwares compatible with your bootloader version
Is this only for Moto E or all other Qualcom devices? BTW nice post.

skiddd

Feb 23, 2005
It appears that the blankflash files from the first post is for a Moto G.
Moto E uses a different SOC (Snapdragon 200 MSM8210) and so I doubt the Moto G Programmer and Boot partitions for Snapdragon 400 MSM8x26 would actually work on the Moto E.

Reactions: MOHAN35761

linuxsociety

Dec 18, 2010
Southern Kentucky
It appears that the blankflash files from the first post is for a Moto G.
Moto E uses a different SOC (Snapdragon 200 MSM8210) and so I doubt the Moto G Programmer and Boot partitions for Snapdragon 400 MSM8x26 would actually work on the Moto E.
I'd like to think that the OP tested this himself before posting but anymore on xda you never know..

I may be wrong but I do think the moto g and e both share a diff soc however I "think" they have the same partition layout.

If not people may end up needing to do a few more tricks depending exactly on what the blanflash script/app is actually doing.

Sent from my XT1019 using Tapatalk

skiddd

Feb 23, 2005
Programmer.bin inside blankflash.rar will NEVER work on a Moto E because it was RSA signed using Moto G (first gen) Private Keys.

Inside blankflash has support for 3 types of SOC for Moto G first Gen:
MSM8226
MSM8626
MSM8926

Motorola used different RSA keys for each SOC, that is why you have 3 types of programmer.bin and singleimage.mbn inside...

Moto G (2nd Gen 2014) and Moto E have different private keys used and keys are burned into SOC efuse during pre-production.

I know this because I have actual phones on hand and I am very much familiar with qualcomm 9008 "emergency download" procedure.

This will only work once Moto E signed progrmmer.bin will be leaked. For singleimage.mbn, it can be generated easily using a 128mb dump from a working phone via Rooted ADB "dd" commands.

TheDj408

Oct 24, 2013
Mumbai
Programmer.bin inside blankflash.rar will NEVER work on a Moto E
This will only work once Moto E signed progrmmer.bin will be leaked. For singleimage.mbn, it can be generated easily using a 128mb dump from a working phone via Rooted ADB "dd" commands.
Not working and singleimage.mbn fails !!! WHat to do ?

kailashrs

Nov 29, 2013
hard bricked phone after downgrading to kitkat .now it doesnt turns on

Same here :crying::crying::crying:

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Programmer.bin inside blankflash.rar will NEVER work on a Moto E because it was RSA signed using Moto G (first gen) Private Keys.

MSM8226
MSM8626
MSM8926

Motorola used different RSA keys for each SOC, that is why you have 3 types of programmer.bin and singleimage.mbn inside...

Moto G (2nd Gen 2014) and Moto E have different private keys used and keys are burned into SOC efuse during pre-production.

I know this because I have actual phones on hand and I am very much familiar with qualcomm 9008 "emergency download" procedure.

Is there any way to recover my phone ?? I can generate dumps from a friend's phone if required :crying::crying: Plzzz help :crying::crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Please close this thread.

Thanks
    Lucas
    Unbrick Your Device

What is A Brick?

A Brick Usually Occurs when you Flash a Wrong Firmware on your device or you try to downgrade your bootloader. In both the cases if you see nothing but a blank screen and "qhsusb_bulk" when connecting to the computer (Check Devices and Printers on your PC) .

Prerequisites

INSTRUCTIONS

If you have A 64-Bit Processor you'll need to disable driver signature Enforcement. Press F8 while the computer is booting and then choose the option.

• Go To Start and search for Device Manager
    • Plug in your Moto e
    • You'll See qhsusb_bulk
    • Now select update driver Software
    • Choose from the Riffbox Jtag Drivers.
    • Now you'll see Qualcomm HS-USB QLoader 9008
    • Unzip the motorola qboot utility and run blankflash.bat
    • Now Enter into fastboot from your Moto e
    • You can now flash the firmwares compatible with your bootloader version

MSM8226
    MSM8626
    MSM8926

Thanks

No but this is only for moto e