UnBrick Memo PAd me176cx

Search This thread

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
Hello, i have bricked my Memo pad 7 then me176cx model and need help fixing it. i installed the adb driver and cant get into recovery for some reason, but i can get into the bootloader. but i cant figure out how to flash the update from the asus website threw the bootloader. is there anyway to unbrick it? :good:

applerulez1

Jan 15, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hello, i have bricked my Memo pad 7 then me176cx model and need help fixing it. i installed the adb driver and cant get into recovery for some reason, but i can get into the bootloader. but i cant figure out how to flash the update from the asus website threw the bootloader. is there anyway to unbrick it? :good:

Dont bother, I have tried for a week straight trying to unbrick mine. I did a factory reset and it destroyed my whole filesystem. :/

applerulez1

Jan 15, 2012
Pennsylvania
Mine was a present and I have no idea where they got it and they tossed the receipt. I'm sol. I'm broke so RMA may take a while as well! xD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Also for getting into recovery follow these steps. Turn off. Hold volume down and also power. When Asus pops up release power and keep hold of volume until the bootloader appears. On bootloader go down to boot recovery. When it reboots to an android guy hold volume up and down at the same time. Let go of volume up and do this r over and over until it goes to recovery. The steps are ridiculous but I know it for sure because my last week of trying to fix mine has been hell.

peldo123

Sep 4, 2014
the there is a way

Mine was a present and I have no idea where they got it and they tossed the receipt. I'm sol. I'm broke so RMA may take a while as well! xD

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Also for getting into recovery follow these steps. Turn off. Hold volume down and also power. When Asus pops up release power and keep hold of volume until the bootloader appears. On bootloader go down to boot recovery. When it reboots to an android guy hold volume up and down at the same time. Let go of volume up and do this r over and over until it goes to recovery. The steps are ridiculous but I know it for sure because my last week of trying to fix mine has been hell.

http://xdaforums.com/android/help/asus-memo-7-me176cx-t2814046/post57408037#post57408037

JarrelStudios

Sep 23, 2013
Linden

what update are you trying to flash?

Reactions: bedman77

ardluc

May 30, 2010
Leeds
Steps to unbrick (if you can get into fastboot)

I bricked mine, but I am adventurous so found a method to recover to factory.
I'm not providing links as they are searchable here on XDA.
The steps are:
1) Get the factory image from Asus
2) Get FB Tethered Recovery Launcher
3) boot into fastboot mode
4) Hook up to computer
5) ensure the device is listed with correct drivers
6) Run ADB (from your platform tools, there is a copy in FBRL folder)
8) copy the zip file from Asus to the device (adb push /path/to/local/file /mnt/sdcard/path/to/file)
9) Run launcher from FB recovery
10) Choose T2 option, follow prompts to let it do it's thing
11) You should boot into CWM on the device
12) install from zip and point to the zip file you pushed earlier
13) Follow the prompts, and presto, restored to factory and can root/update etc.

gcballard

Mar 3, 2007
I'd like to say thanks to the good info posted here and in other threads. I got stuck in a boot loop tonight and had no idea if I'd be able to fix it. Here's what I did (combination of this thread and others)
My method requires an micro SD card and an Internet connection

1. Confirm you can boot into fastboot:
---->Reboot into fastboot (droid boot) by powering device off (hold power button down), then holding down volume up while powering on. I released the up button once the screen went blank. It should eventually present options to reboot into droidboot, reboot, update from SD, etc.
2. Download the newest firmware from ASUS
YOU NEED THE WW version most likely (worldwide?)

3. Save this to the root of your SD card
4. rename file to MOFD_SDUPDATE.zip
5. Insert card into tablet.
6. While in droidboot/fastboot Choose the option to update from SD. It reboots and uploads the firmware. I was pleasantly surprised that I got my tablet back so easily.

Hope this helps some other poor soul.

jerbear294

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
I do not get the option to Update from SD while in DroidBoot...why is that? I get the other options...REBOOT, REBOOT DROIDBOOT, RECOVERY, POWER OFF.

Please help! I've already sent this back to Asus, and they just sent it right back to me.
Click on recovery. Inside recovery you'll get a "no command" screen. Hit the center of the volume rocker (it'll take a few tries) and you'll see the update command.

Shaundiesel

Oct 12, 2010
Click on recovery. Inside recovery you'll get a "no command" screen. Hit the center of the volume rocker (it'll take a few tries) and you'll see the update command.

thanks Jerbear (Love the name, Deadhead!), I did this which brings up regular Android recovery, but no option to update except through ADB.

Pippinkid

I need some help. I have average experience with ADB and cannot get ADB to recognize my device. Debugging on of course, and I dowloaded the zip for the drivers. I don't really know where to go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated! I need to get this thing back up and running!! :p :p

jhenehj

Mar 22, 2015
I'd like to say thanks to the good info posted here and in other threads. I got stuck in a boot loop tonight and had no idea if I'd be able to fix it. Here's what I did (combination of this thread and others)

---->Reboot into fastboot (droid boot) by powering device off (hold power button down), then holding down volume up while powering on. I released the up button once the screen went blank. It should eventually present options to reboot into droidboot, reboot, update from SD, etc.

6. While in droidboot/fastboot Choose the option to update from SD. It reboots and uploads the firmware. I was pleasantly surprised that I got my tablet back so easily.

I'm at the Android System Recovery, however, there's no option to apply update from SD...only apply update from ADB... :(

jhenehj

Mar 22, 2015
In this case use the Intel Atom temporary ClockWorkMod to flash it.

Thanks for your reply...I'm not really sure what you're referring to, but is this about ADB sideloading? I already tried but this comes up... :(
Now I don't know what to do...so I badly need anyone's help here...thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2983.jpg
    IMG_2983.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 910

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Steps to unbrick (if you can get into fastboot)

I bricked mine, but I am adventurous so found a method to recover to factory.
    I'm not providing links as they are searchable here on XDA.
    The steps are:
    1) Get the factory image from Asus
    2) Get FB Tethered Recovery Launcher
    3) boot into fastboot mode
    4) Hook up to computer
    5) ensure the device is listed with correct drivers
    6) Run ADB (from your platform tools, there is a copy in FBRL folder)
    8) copy the zip file from Asus to the device (adb push /path/to/local/file /mnt/sdcard/path/to/file)
    9) Run launcher from FB recovery
    10) Choose T2 option, follow prompts to let it do it's thing
    11) You should boot into CWM on the device
    12) install from zip and point to the zip file you pushed earlier
    13) Follow the prompts, and presto, restored to factory and can root/update etc.

what update are you trying to flash?
    thanks Jerbear (Love the name, Deadhead!), I did this which brings up regular Android recovery, but no option to update except through ADB.
    Try this, then.
    In the main thread somebody linked a temporary cwm session. Try booting into it and installing the update from there (Nandroid while you're at it :))