Search This thread

kevriveroc

Jun 30, 2022
Moto G
Nokia 2.2
Good night everyone.

I have a Nokia 2.2 TA-1188 to which I recently unlocked the bootloader successfully using the method from this guide:

However, when I tried to flash the latest TWRP (v3.6.2) over stock Android 9 (the ROM used to unlock the bootloader from the guide above) following the exact procedure shown on TWRP's site, using both the recovery IMG and the vbmeta linked within the instructions (the vbmeta apparently comes direct from Google), the phone became bricked and totally unresponsive apart from periodic short vibrations whenever I try to boot in any way (system, fastboot, recovery, etc.).

What can I do to try revive it?

djinc91

Jul 4, 2018
Good night everyone.

I have a Nokia 2.2 TA-1188 to which I recently unlocked the bootloader successfully using the method from this guide:

However, when I tried to flash the latest TWRP (v3.6.2) over stock Android 9 (the ROM used to unlock the bootloader from the guide above) following the exact procedure shown on TWRP's site, using both the recovery IMG and the vbmeta linked within the instructions (the vbmeta apparently comes direct from Google), the phone became bricked and totally unresponsive apart from periodic short vibrations whenever I try to boot in any way (system, fastboot, recovery, etc.).

What can I do to try revive it?
If you can connect to the phone with SP Flash Tool you should be able to flash it with Android 9 again and start over. Just download though, not format + download, because then you'll need to restore your IMEI and serial numbers.

kevriveroc

Jun 30, 2022
Moto G
Nokia 2.2
If you can connect to the phone with SP Flash Tool you should be able to flash it with Android 9 again and start over. Just download though, not format + download, because then you'll need to restore your IMEI and serial numbers.
I have just tried to do so, but to to no avail. I keep getting the following error message:

STATUS_STOR_LIFE_EXHAUST (0xC003001D)
The storage on your device has reached end of life, please change to use new device to do operations

I used the DA bundled with SP Flash Tool and drivers linked in one of the folders, apparently MTK ones.

Here's a screenshot of the error message:

errorMessage.jpg

Attachments

• errorMessage.jpg
    errorMessage.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 52

kevriveroc

Jun 30, 2022
Moto G
Nokia 2.2
I was able to download the firmware again after unchecking the Storage Life Cycle Check box within SP Flash Tool's options, and the phone is now up and running, no troubles up so far.

Thank you very much for your help djinc91!

Reactions: djinc91

kevriveroc

Jun 30, 2022
Moto G
Nokia 2.2
Uhm Ur phones storage chip is literally dying

Thats emmc for u
I've had no trouble with my storage during all the years I've owned this phone. Never experienced slowdown, errors, loss of data, etc, not now, not before.

Even so, this is just a backup/2nd device used for nothing important, so it doesn't bother or worry me in the slightest. I'll just keep it using it as is until it dies or I just can't make it usable anymore.

Thank you for your heads up, though. 👍🏽

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was able to download the firmware again after unchecking the Storage Life Cycle Check box within SP Flash Tool's options, and the phone is now up and running, no troubles up so far.

Thank you very much for your help djinc91!