Question Unbrick phone, can't enter fastboot mode.

Search This thread

coomac

Apr 9, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Same issue from flashing a rom. Did everyone with this problem send in their phones?
Adding a video of the issue as well.

Attachments

• GIF-221118_104422.gif
    GIF-221118_104422.gif
    28.6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011
Sadly same here when trying to go back to stock.

Phone got rejected for warranty, repair estimatie higher then buying a new one.
After getting in touch: because bootloader is unlocked, this is not covered in warranty

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011
Trash support from a trash company with trash QC. They refused to repair mine even if I paid for the repair. I can smell the class action lawsuit brewing from this.
Well, Its a risk when unlocking bootloader.
Looks like it has to do with switching active slot from B to A
So i`m going to figure out how to fix this issue myself

Mathes26

Dec 3, 2022
Do we know, what exactly is the cause of this issue and how to avoid it during the root process? Seems like too many people have this problem, it really putting me off to even try rooting...

Do we know, what exactly is the cause of this issue and how to avoid it during the root process? Seems like too many people have this problem, it really putting me off to even try rooting...
In my experience I think this seems to be a lot mismatch issue. As far as I remember, I had my device with Stock on 1 slot and Custom on another. Was unable to install stock updates so thought that I should switch slots and try again, but it just messed it up.

coomac

Apr 9, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This issue is caused by Windows and USB flags; you can resolve it by running a script or manually adding the missing flags to the registry. https://archive.org/download/usb-flag-fix/USB_flag_fix.bat
Are you posting this solution from experience? If so, can you provide more detail on how you resolved the issue on the NP1?

Changing those USB flags was one of the first things I tried. The phone doesn't reach fastboot though so fastboot commands don't work in that state.

bhatt_4

Feb 12, 2018
Are you posting this solution from experience? If so, can you provide more detail on how you resolved the issue on the NP1?

Changing those USB flags was one of the first things I tried. The phone doesn't reach fastboot though so fastboot commands don't work in that state.
This issue isn't limited to nothing phone one; I've seen and experienced it on my Poco f1 and other phone with usb 2.0 spec as well.

coomac

Apr 9, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This issue isn't limited to nothing phone one; I've seen and experienced it on my Poco f1 and other phone with usb 2.0 spec as well.
Yeah I saw it on a Xiaomi phone as well but this is slightly different. With Xiaomi phones, you get the error after the bootloader loads so when you fix the usb flags on windows, the usb connection is recognized and you can run fastboot commands.

As you can see in the video, the error comes up before the bootloader is fully loaded on the Nothing phone so fixing the usb flags on windows makes no difference. I use linux normally and a usb connection is not detected there at all. I dug up a windows computer to fix the usb flags, which had no effect because nothing is loaded yet. Also tried a usb 2.0 hub.

NightMean

Mar 31, 2014
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Mega
Sadly same here when trying to go back to stock.

Phone got rejected for warranty, repair estimatie higher then buying a new one.
After getting in touch: because bootloader is unlocked, this is not covered in warranty
There was a tweet where someone asked if unlocking bootloader will void the warranty and Paranoid Android team said that it won't. The original tweet is unfortunately deleted but their reply is still there.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a confirmation regarding bootloader unlock from Nothing directly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm wrote to them, my phone can't boot, can't connect to the pc because doesn't recognize it and wall charger doesn't works to. Boot stops at nothing logo and there's a text at top left cormer " key to shutdown ". I'm don't wrote anything about root. First letter they said make a factory reset, then I'm wrote back I can't do that and then I'm sent a picture about the problem. After it next letter, who saw the picture thinks it's maybe a technical error and if I'm accept it, send the phone to service center and they check it out. I hope they could repair it and not change it, because I haven't got any green tint issue, or any dust under back of the phone's glass... About the repair cost, if the problem can't resolve they send me a new phone. If I made a problem, then I must pay the phone shippings cost to them and back to me and the service center call or write me about the repair costs i want it or not.
    Does your google wallet work? Mine was fine with 1.1.5 and saftynetfix but now with 1.1.6 its detect my root.
    Has nothing to do with 1.1.6 google changed how wallet detects root.

Anyway there is a safetynet fix i found on the Pixel 7 Pro forum.

Wallet is named Pay again after this but it works.
    For this we need the "firmware.mbn"-file, right? Is this somewhere to download?
    I have found a Guide to create/Backup the phone with Qfil.

I don't know if I can share the link here.

Edit: You need a loader / programmer file. Have not found any working for now.
    Without any prior notice, DHL brought my phone today with the latest software (1.1.6). on the service page description of performed actions: software update included. So, it's live again. ( and it's still with unlocked bootloader )
    Yes, all data on the phone lost