Unbrick Qualcomm - MPRGxxxx.mbn question

Search This thread

jtpiano

Feb 19, 2016
I am exploring two approaches for phone recovery
#1 compile rom using kernel source from the MFG (The MFG gave me the FTP download info but my device wasn't in the FTP folder. Long story short, the MFG software team is
"working on getting the files for me" That was a few days ago.... We'll see what happens.)
#2 Use MPRG and msimage files along with flashing program and raw image files from the phone for recovery.

All my research says that two files are needed to unbrick your Qualcomm device
#1 MPRGxxx.mbn/hex
#2 xxxx_msimage.mbn
(where xxxx is the Qualcomm chipset)

I know the msimage file is unique to the device because of partition structure for each manufacturer and therefore you'd need to create the file using QPST.

From reading here it appears that the MPRG file is defined as RAM
http://www.androidbrick.com/unbrick...-you-have-the-right-kind-of-rom-qhsusb_dload/

Would this file (MPRGxxxx.mbn) be universal among all devices that use the same chipset? Can someone give a yes or no and why? Thanks!

Reactions: Ms_Julia

abuthilac

Apr 26, 2016
hmm, sam problem with me.
i just flash my phone yesterday ( redmi note 3 sd) and i had bootloop my phone, i tried many method, but its say, that the bootloader is locked and i cant flash the phone, then i found " tool studio" emmc download. i'm missing those mprgxxxx.mbn .. . i try to figure out how to build these file too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am exploring two approaches for phone recovery
    #1 compile rom using kernel source from the MFG (The MFG gave me the FTP download info but my device wasn't in the FTP folder. Long story short, the MFG software team is
    "working on getting the files for me" That was a few days ago.... We'll see what happens.)
    #2 Use MPRG and msimage files along with flashing program and raw image files from the phone for recovery.

All my research says that two files are needed to unbrick your Qualcomm device
    #1 MPRGxxx.mbn/hex
    #2 xxxx_msimage.mbn
    (where xxxx is the Qualcomm chipset)

I know the msimage file is unique to the device because of partition structure for each manufacturer and therefore you'd need to create the file using QPST.

From reading here it appears that the MPRG file is defined as RAM
    http://www.androidbrick.com/unbrick...-you-have-the-right-kind-of-rom-qhsusb_dload/

Would this file (MPRGxxxx.mbn) be universal among all devices that use the same chipset? Can someone give a yes or no and why? Thanks!