Works as advertised for downgrade from :Unbrick your ASUS ROG Phone 3 for free!!
Don't pay for this stuff anywhere, it's your device and you deserve the right to fix it yourself.
I noticed some people in the community charging upto 50$ for the firmware which should've been free from the start.
NOTE - In case it's a Hard / Soft BrickCode:
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * I'm not gonna tell you how to install drivers and other things and only[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][/COLOR] * proceed with this if you know what you're doing and please do some * research first. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you * point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
• For Hard Brick - Hard brick is when your device can only enter EDL mode and shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in device manager.
- Just follow from Step 1 to 3 to fix your device.
• For Soft Brick - Soft brick is when the system fails to boot but you can access fastboot mode.
- Just follow Step 3 to fix your device.
• Windows PC
• Device fastboot drivers
• Qualcomm EDL drivers
• a bricked ROG 3 duh
• EDL Unbrick tool - ROG_PHONE_3_ZS661KS_UNBRICK_EDL.7z
• RAW ROG 3 Firmware - Check the second post below
Make sure you have device manager opened up to see if the device is connected.
1] Extract the EDL firmware
- Use the side port and connect device to PC
- Then run the file named 1ROG3_VFLASH_EDL.cmd
2] After you get an EDL SUCCESS message let the device boot within a minute or two into bootloader, use the device manager to
check if it's in EDL and if it's still there after a minute, press Power key + Volume down for about 12-13 seconds until
you don't see it in Device Manager, keep it plugged in and let it boot or try to power it on so it gets into the bootloader.
3] Once it's in bootloader flash any of the RAW firmware linked above depending on the device that you have, if its Tencent then flash CN, for global it's WW.
- Extract the RAW firmware and run the file zs661ks_raw_flashall.bat , have some patience and do not disconnect the device as this will take some time.
• That's all folks.
Global Discussion Group