• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNBRICK/RAW] Revive your bricked ASUS ROG Phone 3 [23-NOV-2021]

Search This thread

Himverma

Feb 11, 2014
Delhi
Getting this error:

C:\Users\himve\Downloads\Compressed\ROG_PHONE_3_ZS661KS_UNBRICK_EDL\.ImageE
Environment variable _COM not defined
FINDSTR: Cannot open .ImageE\qfile_emergency_dl.txt
""""""""""""""""""
"ERROR: FAILED: edl failed"
""""""""""""""""""
"Finished "
""""""""""""""""""

Himverma

Feb 11, 2014
Delhi
Somebody help. I'm unable to flash RAW firmware or flash EDL file on my Asus ROG-3. I've installed USB drivers and qualcomm drivers on my laptop. But it doesn't have USB 2.0. I tried flashin RAW using USB-C port as well as USB 3.0 port. But none worked. Everytime, it shows the error :

Environment variable _COM not defined
FINDSTR: Cannot open .ImageE\qfile_emergency_dl.txt
""""""""""""""""""
"ERROR: FAILED: edl failed"
""""""""""""""""""
"Finished "
""""""""""""""""""

Is there any other method by which can flash the RAW zip? I'm currently on latest .122 upate (WW). My bootloader is locked and device is not rooted.

nikoh8756

Dec 19, 2020
Back from near-death!
Started from scratch again.
Manage to flash RAW successfully - all seems fine.
Я тоже сделал твой пост он включается но не много делать глобальный ром нафига мне

translation:
I also made your post it turns on but not much to do global rum for me

Last edited by a moderator:

yidu92

Mar 8, 2017
Excuse me, how to unlock ROG3 for the second time?The official apk software does not work anymore

Nov 1, 2018
Paranaguá
Have ran myself into a big problem. I had installed los 18.1 (after trying los 17.1 and omni.) on my Indian variant rog3. Later wanted to return to los 17.1.so as a first step flashed the stock raw firmware from this thread. Flash went without errors in the terminal. On. Rebooting was stuck on bootloop. Formating data from stock recovery didn't help. Trying to flash los 17.1 or omni also gave bootloop. But los 18.1 booted fine on flashing.
Later tried again to flash .99, .98 ,.58 raw firmware from here . all flashed without errors only to bootloop. Flashing full stock ROM zips from lineageos recovery also resulted in bootloop.

So now my phone only works with los 18.1 installed. Stock or other ROMs results in bootloop.

Please help.
Hi friend, any solution for this, i have this problem too

tuxing

Hi friend, any solution for this, i have this problem too

I was able to return to stock after flashing persist.img backup back. Seems some files in persist was changed on los installation. Followed this instruction from yidu for the restoration process https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-i003-obiwan-lineageos-18-1.4204665/post-84161965 . Aleasto merged my persist backup with yidus 1.img(which can be found 5 post above in the link given) and I flashed the resulting persist.img via adb. Flashing 1.img alone will stop bootloop on stock , but without your persist backup fingerprint may not work.

Nov 1, 2018
Paranaguá
I was able to return to stock after flashing persist.img backup back. Seems some files in persist was changed on los installation. Followed this instruction from yidu for the restoration process https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-i003-obiwan-lineageos-18-1.4204665/post-84161965 . Aleasto merged my persist backup with yidus 1.img(which can be found 5 post above in the link given) and I flashed the resulting persist.img via adb. Flashing 1.img alone will stop bootloop on stock , but without your persist backup fingerprint may not work.
I managed to get back to stock, flashing carbon recovery, flash carbon rom with adb, boot it, then restarted for fastboot and used the tool for flashing image raw, this worked, fp too

Reactions: tuxing
Unbrick your ASUS ROG Phone 3 for free!!

Don't pay for this stuff anywhere, it's your device and you deserve the right to fix it yourself.
I noticed some people in the community charging upto 50$ for the firmware which should've been free from the start.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* I'm not gonna tell you how to install drivers and other things and only[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][/COLOR]
* proceed with this if you know what you're doing and please do some
* research first. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you
* point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

NOTE - In case it's a Hard / Soft Brick
For Hard Brick - Hard brick is when your device can only enter EDL mode and shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in device manager.
- Just follow from Step 1 to 3 to fix your device.

For Soft Brick - Soft brick is when the system fails to boot but you can access fastboot mode.
- Just follow Step 3 to fix your device.

Prerequisites ►
• Windows PC
• Device fastboot drivers
• Qualcomm EDL drivers
• a bricked ROG 3 duh

Downloads ►
• EDL Unbrick tool - ROG_PHONE_3_ZS661KS_UNBRICK_EDL.7z
• RAW ROG 3 Firmware - Check the second post below

Instructions ►
Make sure you have device manager opened up to see if the device is connected.

1] Extract the EDL firmware
- Use the side port and connect device to PC
- Then run the file named 1ROG3_VFLASH_EDL.cmd

2] After you get an EDL SUCCESS message let the device boot within a minute or two into bootloader, use the device manager to
check if it's in EDL and if it's still there after a minute, press Power key + Volume down for about 12-13 seconds until
you don't see it in Device Manager, keep it plugged in and let it boot or try to power it on so it gets into the bootloader.

3] Once it's in bootloader flash any of the RAW firmware linked above depending on the device that you have, if its Tencent then flash CN, for global it's WW.
- Extract the RAW firmware and run the file zs661ks_raw_flashall.bat , have some patience and do not disconnect the device as this will take some time.

• That's all folks.

Extras ►
Global Discussion Group
Updates Channel
GCam Discussion
You could try the command:
fastboot oem asus-official

Awesome! I'm back to unlocked bootloader on on ROG_PHONE_3_ZS661KS_UNBRICK_EDL with twrp-3.5.0_10-0-I003D flashed , also flashed Magisk-v20.4 and installed MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk. Now here comes the dumb question. How do I get back to Asus stock firmware? You're help would be much appreciated.

After issues with another rom, I flashed the flash all in this. I can't boot to system, it just keeps ending up at the bootloader. When I go to recovery, it's the recovery for the other ROM. I flashed super.img manually and it succeeded, but nothing at all changed. I also erased metadata and userdata, as is in the the flashall.bat, but it's all a no-go. I can get to recovery and fastboot without issue.

Furthermore, 1 command won't run: "fastboot oem get-batvol" and I can't figure out what that command does despite searching for it.

I'm just trying to go back to the stock OS. any suggestions?

nobodyAtall

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2008
After issues with another rom, I flashed the flash all in this. I can't boot to system, it just keeps ending up at the bootloader. When I go to recovery, it's the recovery for the other ROM. I flashed super.img manually and it succeeded, but nothing at all changed. I also erased metadata and userdata, as is in the the flashall.bat, but it's all a no-go. I can get to recovery and fastboot without issue.

Furthermore, 1 command won't run: "fastboot oem get-batvol" and I can't figure out what that command does despite searching for it.

I'm just trying to go back to the stock OS. any suggestions?
Did you try flashing stock os by using the Asus Flash Tool?

elpaisa06

Feb 21, 2021
ASUS_1003D On ZS661KS_UNBRICK_EDL. Messing around and mistakenly locked bootloader. how to unlock. Can't install unlock tool to UNBRICK_EDL.
I currently have my bootloader unlocked and I'm trying to lock it. How do you mistakenly lock it ? lol I have been trying but I keep getting this message...

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 53

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unbrick your ASUS ROG Phone 3 for free!!

Don't pay for this stuff anywhere, it's your device and you deserve the right to fix it yourself.
    I noticed some people in the community charging upto 50$ for the firmware which should've been free from the start.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * I'm not gonna tell you how to install drivers and other things and only[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][/COLOR]
    * proceed with this if you know what you're doing and please do some
    * research first. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you
    * point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

NOTE - In case it's a Hard / Soft Brick
    For Hard Brick - Hard brick is when your device can only enter EDL mode and shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in device manager.
    - Just follow from Step 1 to 3 to fix your device.

For Soft Brick - Soft brick is when the system fails to boot but you can access fastboot mode.
    - Just follow Step 3 to fix your device.

Prerequisites ►
    • Windows PC
    • Device fastboot drivers
    • Qualcomm EDL drivers
    • a bricked ROG 3 duh

Downloads ►
    • EDL Unbrick tool - ROG_PHONE_3_ZS661KS_UNBRICK_EDL.7z
    • RAW ROG 3 Firmware - Check the second post below

Instructions ►
    Make sure you have device manager opened up to see if the device is connected.

1] Extract the EDL firmware
    - Use the side port and connect device to PC
    - Then run the file named 1ROG3_VFLASH_EDL.cmd

2] After you get an EDL SUCCESS message let the device boot within a minute or two into bootloader, use the device manager to
    check if it's in EDL and if it's still there after a minute, press Power key + Volume down for about 12-13 seconds until
    you don't see it in Device Manager, keep it plugged in and let it boot or try to power it on so it gets into the bootloader.

3] Once it's in bootloader flash any of the RAW firmware linked above depending on the device that you have, if its Tencent then flash CN, for global it's WW.
    - Extract the RAW firmware and run the file zs661ks_raw_flashall.bat , have some patience and do not disconnect the device as this will take some time.

• That's all folks.

ROG 2/3 Telegram Groups & Channels ►
    Global Discussion Group
    Updates Channel
    GCam Discussion
    List of RAW firmware (latest at the top)

— Android 11 RAWs —
    18.0410.2108.158 : WW
    18.0410.2106.138 : WW
    18.0410.2105.133 : WW

— Android 10 RAWs —
    17.0823.2104.147 : WW
    17.0823.2102.143 : WW
    17.0823.2012.131 : WW
    17.0823.2012.122 : WW
    17.0823.2009.99/100 : WW | CN
    17.0823.2009.98 : WW | CN
    17.0823.2008.78 : WW | CN
    17.0823.2007.58 : WW | CN
    17.0823.2007.47/48 : WW | CN
    17.0823.2007.32 : WW | CN
    RAW Firmware updated - Get from here

• Re-uploaded 17.0823.2102.143 (A10)
    • Added 17.0823.2104.147 (A10)
    • Added Android 11 RAWs
    - 18.0410.2106.138 & 18.0410.2105.133

Thanks to a user from the Global Telegram Group for 18.0410.2106.138 (A11) RAW
    RAW 17.0823.2102.143 has been added
    I've compressed the file further so it's smaller compared to previous RAW Firmware's, hope this helps someone who is low on data out there.