• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unbrick RCT6873W42 v23 Intel Tablet ::Guide::

Search This thread

xxMoon

Dec 21, 2017
I discovered an unbrick solution for v23 Intel devices. This should also work on any sofia3gr device.

Unbrick Package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LFQqnJeRqpbK___HnKMvMPQJvEWPDIDz/view?usp=sharing

Prerequisites:
Win7 32bit (Wont work on x64)
A brain

1. Unpack archive to desktop
2. Install Intel Android Drivers
3. Open cmd as admin, enter "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and "bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS"
4. Restart PC
5. Open FlashTool_E2.exe as admin
6. Select file->usb map wizard
7. For type, select custom. for string Vid_8087&Pid_07f6 and the press next
8. With your device powered off, plug it into the pc. It should detect it and say something, just click done.
9. Power your device back off and unplug it from the pc.
10. Next to the add file box click the ... button and select boot.fls and system.fls from the Image-s3grt6w folder.
11. Click next
12. Plug in tablet to pc, it should automatically flash and reboot your device.
13. Profit

Now you can get back into fastboot.

I will post a full backup of a rooted RCT6873W42 v23 Intel device here shortly.
It should only be restored using dd if commands not fastboot.

WeAreGod

Sep 14, 2020
I rooted my RCA Tablet and it was running fine until I downloaded a Package Manager and deleted some System Packages...
Now, it will boot up to the log-in screen. I enter my password, and then it just gets stuck on displaying "VOYAGER" ...

Is this technically a brick?
I think I made a backup on the device but I don't know how to restore a backup save from Recovery or Bootloader...

xxMoon

Dec 21, 2017
No, you just disabled your launcher XD (Did you disable apps or did you actually delete them from your system partition?)

Id fastboot the cwm image you used to root your device and restore a backup. If you cannot, then go into recovery and factory reset the device.

WeAreGod

Sep 14, 2020
No, you just disabled your launcher XD (Did you disable apps or did you actually delete them from your system partition?)

Id fastboot the cwm image you used to root your device and restore a backup. If you cannot, then go into recovery and factory reset the device.
I actually went through the entire rooting process from factory reset again. Great practice lol! Lessons learned. ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS. yup.