• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unbrick Redmi 8

Search This thread

n3p4li

Oct 21, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
My phone suddenly get stucked into Redmi boot logo, cannot access system recovery but can access fastboot menu.
The problem is I hadn't enabled OEM unlock and developer options before. All the methods that I found so far requires bootloader unlock for that I also don't have MI account . What might be my next move? Thank you.

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
its hard to say what we can|t do with a still locked bootloader. if going to an authorized service center is out of reach, all we can do is try i guess. id still suggest going there if you can easily access your google account.
there are a few threads that say we can flash a still locked bl, but im not so sure.
official stock roms can be hard to find on their site, heres an easier to navigate 1.

gl

Reactions: n3p4li

Jaki1122

Aug 26, 2015
Valencia
With EDL mode? I'm in a similar situation, a friend's mother forced a shutdown during a firmware update and destroyed the system that way. Of course the bootloader is blocked. I find it extremely stupid of Xiaomi to rely on a working system to give you the chance to unlock the bootoader but I guess that's how you sell some extra phones.
So far I've taken out the rear cover and the plastic that goes on top of the motherboard, unplugged the battery and with an arduino cable and some fiddeling shorted the "boot" pins while connecting the USB cable. Seems to be working given that MiFlash has changed the locked bootloader error for "indice fuera de limites" or in English "index out of limits error". I guess I don't have the right ROM so I'm downloading another one, but I'm struggilng to find the correct original fastboot ROM. The first one I've downloaded from Mi Community, the second one is from xiaomifirmwareupdater, but is gonna take forever to download. And I mean... F-O-R-E-V-E-R

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
gl with that, as only authorized people can properly flash from there. while i havent used EDL, there are some trusty people who can help us out (ive seen it in tg groups)

a site did say maybe using another version can help, who knows it might do the trick

also seems weird how goolag hasnt fixed half flashing from destroying, last time i had that happen was '12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its hard to say what we can|t do with a still locked bootloader. if going to an authorized service center is out of reach, all we can do is try i guess. id still suggest going there if you can easily access your google account.
    there are a few threads that say we can flash a still locked bl, but im not so sure.
    official stock roms can be hard to find on their site, heres an easier to navigate 1.

gl