[UNBRICK][STOCK] LG K7 K330 & MS330 Stock ROM MetroPCS & T-Mobile + IMGS & AS330

Did this work?

• Yes

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Hardbrick

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

edale1

Sep 5, 2016
Can I used this WEB_K33010h.kdz file to flash my LGK332. I couldn't find ant stock firmware for my LGK332(LG K7 LTE)
I wouldn't; I'll admit I'm kinda new to Android, but my understanding is that flashing the KDZ from a phone with different specs is a BAD idea (possible hard-bricking bad). From what I recall when I was looking up the specs for my K330, the LG K7 LTE has a different amount of RAM and CPU speed than the LG K7, so who knows what else is different.

Granted someone with more knowledge than me might have a different answer...
K332? Do you mean K330? This link has the KDZ file named WEB_K33010h_00.kdz right here https://mega.nz/#F!sdwRDLbZ!yPOiRPv5QJS_9I4hzL4ptQ
Use this kdz to flash to your T-Mobile LG K330.
The LG K7 LTE (K332) is actually a different model than the LG K7 (K330).

So the real question is... when they make a budget version of an already budget phone... is the better one still a budget phone?

I wouldn't; I'll admit I'm kinda new to Android, but my understanding is that flashing the KDZ from a phone with different specs is a BAD idea (possible hard-bricking bad). From what I recall when I was looking up the specs for my K330, the LG K7 LTE has a different amount of RAM and CPU speed than the LG K7, so who knows what else is different.

Granted someone with more knowledge than me might have a different answer...The LG K7 LTE (K332) is actually a different model than the LG K7 (K330).

So the real question is... when they make a budget version of an already budget phone... is the better one still a budget phone?
Oh. Why would they do that? I think it has dual sim. That's why. People need to try using LG Bridge. If LG Bridge can't update your phone or recover your phone from an error, there is no KDZ.

DerpJim

Oct 19, 2016
When running the LGUP_MS330 it starts but the top of the bar says it is for the K330 and it donwloads the K330 dll inside of the model folder instead of the MS330.

Edit: I am dumb I think. Is LGVS425 my thing or is the software version what these are for.
Edit 2: I found a LGUP_VS425 but it also runs as K330... Any fixes?

Last edited:
When running the LGUP_MS330 it starts but the top of the bar says it is for the K330 and it donwloads the K330 dll inside of the model folder instead of the MS330.

Edit: I am dumb I think. Is LGVS425 my thing or is the software version what these are for.
Edit 2: I found a LGUP_VS425 but it also runs as K330... Any fixes?
Rename both the dll and folder to MS330. They are the exact same dll

Yeah I ended up deleting the MSI and reinstalling everything. It works and reads my device now but the KDZ I tried doesn't work. Do you know of for AS33010c?
There doesn't seem to be any KDZ at the moment. But try using LG Bridge http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000026-1438110404543-preinstall-apps If that let you update your phone, then there is one. If it does let you upgrade or fix error recovery, then please tell me. That way I can upload the KDZ to this.

DerpJim

Oct 19, 2016
There doesn't seem to be any KDZ at the moment. But try using LG Bridge If that let you update your phone, then there is one. If it does let you upgrade or fix error recovery, then please tell me. That way I can upload the KDZ to this.
I don't know if this will work... My problem is I just get stuck on the loading screen when I boot. This looks like I need to have access to my phone? So I just tried it and I can only launch into download mode but it tries to connect to the USB but gives me an error "Cannot connect, disconnect the USB cable from your computer and try again" which I did and tried re booting into download mode.

I don't know if this will work... My problem is I just get stuck on the loading screen when I boot. This looks like I need to have access to my phone? So I just tried it and I can only launch into download mode but it tries to connect to the USB but gives me an error "Cannot connect, disconnect the USB cable from your computer and try again" which I did and tried re booting into download mode.
Download mode does work. Make sure you install the right drivers and you need to do "Upgrade Error Recovery" at bottom right of upgrade page.

DerpJim

Oct 19, 2016
Download mode does work. Make sure you install the drivers and you need to do "Upgrade Error Recovery" at bottom right of upgrade page.
No still doesn't work. I updated the drivers and it still says I can not connect. it works with LGUP though...

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Nothing has been working. I tried different things. There is something though. I get the whole "installing device" pop up but the bar seems to be going nowhere. I might have to just leave it plugged in for a few hours and see what happens. Unless anyone knows of any solution

Edit: The thing just disappeared randomly. Still won't connect. Gonna go find a old phone and cry for a while until I can buy a new one. :/

Last edited:

DerpJim

Oct 19, 2016
I have obtained the stock boot and recovery imgs for the AS330 from user !

Okay thanks for this. How do I actually flash this now?

Edit: I can not use fastboot because it doesn't show up as a device when I plug it in using download mode. That si the only thing I can get to besides the loop of the logo.

Last edited:
I have obtained the stock boot and recovery imgs for the AS330 from user !

Okay thanks for this. How do I actually flash this now?

Edit: I can not use fastboot because it doesn't show up as a device when I plug it in using download mode. That si the only thing I can get to besides the loop of the logo.
I'm sorry to tell you this, but there's no fastboot available on that model. Also there seems to be no way to unbrick that model. You'll have to wait for a KDZ. Because that's really your only hope. Unless somehow you can get it replaced.

Did the AS330 TWRP work?
AS330 seems to bunker down against any modification to the phone. There's no way to unlock the bootloader on that phone unless maybe you zero out the LAF partition. Which can be dangerous. He says that he can't boot into it because of this error
Secure booting error!
Error code: 1003
Modified

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UNBRICK][STOCK] LG K7 K330 & MS330 Stock ROM MetroPCS & T-Mobile + IMGS & AS330

*******thread is dated, i do not own the device any more*********

If anyone has firmware for any other model please PM to me.
    USERS ARE IN NEED OF LG K7 AS330 KDZ If you have this model or know of KDZ file PLEASE PM me.

I have obtained the stock boot and recovery imgs for the AS330 from user maxmotos!
    I have obtained the KDZ for the Walmart Family Mobile version of the K7 from user theseeker2654!
    I have obtained an unofficial version of the AS330 firmware from lechicuong creation credit goes to tungkick!

Downloads and guide below.
    *I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR GAIN AS A RESULT OF THIS GUIDE*

This method may cause FAILURE or HARDBRICK (as always with flashing firmware) Use at own risk.

LG Has made it harder for us to download KDZ's from their website. So now we have to glitch it out for KDZ to download.
    TO INITIATE DOWNLOAD OF MIRRORED KDZ DO THIS
    Click link. Refresh the page. Then your download should start after that.

If that does not work try pasting the link into this website.
    Then rename the file to *.KDZ.
    Or if you have Linux, you can copy the link and run wget command to download.

Download drivers & tools HERE
    LG UP MIRROR

DRIVER MIRROR

Please DO NOT flash a KDZ that is not meant for your model. It may lead to a hardbrick. It may flash fine but will be irreversible.
    Download KDZs here (Each file can be downloaded individually, don't click the top button that says download, it downloads ALL the KDZs in that folder. It's 23 GBs! Please try not to kill my servers by downloading unnecessary files!)
    Mirrors for KDZs

T-Mobile MIRRORS

MetroPCS MIRRORS

Walmart Family Mobile MIRRORS
    K33011e MIRROR
    K33011e MIRROR 2
    Pretty Sure it uses the LGUP_K330.msi

K332 (India) MIRRRORS

AS330 MIRRORS

Extracted KDZ bins. Fastboot flashable imgs.
    *Due to lack of storage space, I have chosen to compress older firmware versions in a 7z file. Please download 7-Zip to extract.*
    HERE - MIRROR HERE

Please Post Results On Poll Above.

Unbrick with fastboot at bottom of page.

Unbrick Using KDZ

1. Install LG UP
      2016-07-07-17_11_26-LGUP-InstallShield-Wizard.png
    2. Install LG Drivers
      2016-07-07-17_09_29-LG-Mobile-Driver-InstallShield-Wizard.png
    3. Install LGUP_K330.msi or LGUP_MS330.msi (Depending on your model.)
      2016-07-07-17_11_58-LGUP-DLL-for-LG-K330-InstallShield-Wizard.png
    4. Plug in phone and reboot into download mode (Hold volume up while powered off then plug in usb while holding)
      LG_G4_Download_Mode.png
    5. Open LGUP
    6. Select UPGRADE
    7. Use 3 dots to find KDZ
      2016-07-07-17_24_36-LGUP-K330-COM5-300x217@2x.png
    8. Click START
      2016-07-07-16_06_32-LGUP-K330-COM4-300x217@2x.png
    9. Post results on poll above.
      poll.png

Unbrick using LG Bridge (Mac & Windows)
    (If there is no KDZ available for your model or LG UP failed, try this)
    (Official way to unbrick. If it fails, blame LG)
    • Download LG Bridge from here.
    • Install LG Bridge
    • Open LG Bridge
    • Connect device to computer and let LG Bridge install drivers
    • Go to the Software update tab
    • Click "Update error recovery" on bottom right
    • LG Bridge will download and flash the KDZ for you.
    Unbrick with fastboot
    This is for people that have no LAF partition (No download mode)

*You must have Bootloader Unlocked.*
    If you did not enable OEM unlocking in your phone's settings prior to the phone getting bricked, you may not be able to recovery with this method.
    • If you don't have download mode enter fastboot by trying to enter download mode.(Hold volume up while powered off then plug in usb while holding)
    • Download LAF.BIN MIRROR file for your model.
    • Download ADB & Fastboot as zip
    • Unzip ADB & Fastboot and enter the folder.
    • Hold Shift and Right click in folder.
    • Open Command Windows here
    • Move LAF.BIN to that folder
    • If you have not unlocked your bootloader do this. (Will wipe phone)
      Code:
      fastboot oem unlock
    • Next, enter this command
      Code:
      fastboot flash laf laf.bin
    • Reboot into download mode and follow guide above
    • Or continue by flashing system, recovery, and kernel
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.bin
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.bin
      fastboot flash system system.img

This method may cause FAILURE or HARDBRICK (as always with flashing firmware) Use at own risk.
    As of August 2nd 2016, T-Mobile has pushed an OTA of version K33010h. If anyone has firmware for any other model please PM to me. This is all official LG Firmware.
    Downloads and guides below.
    *I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR GAIN AS A RESULT OF THIS GUIDE*

Prerequisites
    • LG Driver
    • LG UP
    All downloads can be found HERE
    T-Mobile MIRROR
    KDZ MIRROR
    MetroPCS MIRROR
    KDZ MIRROR
    Steps
    1. Install LG UP
      2016-07-07-17_11_26-LGUP-InstallShield-Wizard.png
    2. Install LG Drivers
      2016-07-07-17_09_29-LG-Mobile-Driver-InstallShield-Wizard-300x229.png
    3. Install LGUP_K330.msi or LGUP_MS330.msi
      2016-07-07-17_11_58-LGUP-DLL-for-LG-K330-InstallShield-Wizard-300x229.png
    4. Plug in phone and reboot into download mode (Hold volume up while powered off then plug in usb while holding)
      LG_G4_Download_Mode.png
    5. Open LGUP
    6. Select UPGRADE
      2016-07-07-17_24_36-LGUP-K330-COM5-300x217@2x.png
    7. Use 3 dots to find KDZ
    8. Click START
      2016-07-07-16_06_32-LGUP-K330-COM4-300x217@2x.png

This method is untested and may cause failure or hardbrick (as always with flashing firmware) use at own risk.
    anyway you can post a TWRP flash-able zip for the new t mobile update? i dont want to risk LGUP using tmobile firmware on a metro phone. thanks for the downloads by the way, most of the soft-bricks needed this to get there stuff working.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I made another recovery for the as330 the first image it was made as as330 but splitting the boot has it named as m1 also so I made another folder for the as330 so it would not be mixed up . I posted it in my post last one I need a tester that Is knowledgeable to flash it. I did all that I can do on this end we Just need expert testers. It was downloaded 1 time so who ever flashed get back to me please. Thanks
    The only person I know that has the AS330 actually not bricked is this dude maxmotos. Try messaging him.
    I am just now able to figure this out... Lol I knew exactly what to do on my LG Leon but my mom wanted to spoil me I guess so now I have this K7. I used KingRoot since it was just easier in for right now until I can make sure I have all the files I need on my computer and I need to replace my monitor. Off track... My question is this... Warning I'm competent with step by step instructions but I'm not sure bout lingo or what I'm doing exactly learning as I go... So bare with me!! I just saw something bout an update for Metro K7... When I check for updates it says there are none. I know that if the phone is rooted it usually can't update. I really only have my phone rooted so I can use Link2sd to utilize space and have an ungodly amount of apps. If Iunroot it to update the phone will that mess with my Link2sd and how my apps are setup?? Also if I just flash the kdz to my phone won't that put it back to the way I got it?? With the Leon I had I uninstalled the stock SMS to use GOSMS Pro but I hit a security error when trying to integrate Google services into system with Link2sd so I figured out how to flash the kdz for that but when I finished I had a "factory" phone with the exception of SMS and keyboard. I had to reinstall GO. I haven't deleted them this time cuz I wasn't sure if this kdz would set it back to stock completely or if it would leave the deleted apps gone.
    I have some other questions pertaining to this phone and link2sd but I suppose I'll look for a thread better suited for that.

Also I want to tell you guys all how amazing you are!! There are no stupid questions and I have never seen so much intelligence in one place and all you really smart guys explain everything thoroughly enough anyone could understand. I appreciate that!! Thanks!!
    Flashing a KDZ in upgrade mode with LG UP will replace the system, boot, recovery, and any firmware partitions but not your data. So anything you changed in the system partition will go back to how it was when you bought the phone. This means any apps you added to system will be gone. You would also have to reroot. But any photos, apps, or files will not get deleted. I've never used link2sd so I can't tell you anything about that.