[Unbrick][Stock] Yoga Tab 3 - How to unbrick, and restore to stock.

Search This thread

Yamaha169

Mar 6, 2016
Command window

Hi Spungy168,
Please, how did you go about the flashing. Can you send me that tools & how? My tab Lenovo yoga 3 850F is bricked, please help?

I couldnt get any flash tools to work... because the tools required a scatter file ... (partition layout file)
Which fstab and the csc pit file are supposed to do... when normally flashing (through odin and other utilities)

As for the chinese crap... dont download that rom... i did it... and flashed... was a nightmare trying to work around that rom...

Download the rom i posted ... 2 posts up ^^^^^^^
Open adb terminal (windows shell/command inside of the adb folder)
*note* i copied my CMD executable to my adb folder .. makes life easier all the time...

Run adb reboot recovery (this should take you to stock recovery)
In recovery ... select update from adb ...
This should open up adb sideload... (on device)
Now type( in CMD) adb sideload (the rom) i drag my rom zip to the windows CMD windows ... makes it so you dont have to type a 20 minute directory to your rom.zip..
This should unbrick your device...
Sideload will take 15-20 minutes ... then boot..

Reactions: Donganies

Donganies

Feb 1, 2016
I couldnt get any flash tools to work... because the tools required a scatter file ... (partition layout file)
Which fstab and the csc pit file are supposed to do... when normally flashing (through odin and other utilities)

As for the chinese crap... dont download that rom... i did it... and flashed... was a nightmare trying to work around that rom...

*note* i copied my CMD executable to my adb folder .. makes life easier all the time...

Now type( in CMD) adb sideload (the rom) i drag my rom zip to the windows CMD windows ... makes it so you dont have to type a 20 minute directory to your rom.zip..

Hi Yamaha 169,
I really appreciate your post/reply but nothing seems to work on this device. Adb command says 'device not found'. It cannot boot into recovery by any means. when I press the power and vol. up button, the lenovo logo come up with a beep and 'fastboot oem unlock' command will show 'error, ..... device locked'. How can I fix this please help.

Yamaha169

Mar 6, 2016
Fastboot flash ....

Hi Yamaha 169,
I really appreciate your post/reply but nothing seems to work on this device. Adb command says 'device not found'. It cannot boot into recovery by any means. when I press the power and vol. up button, the lenovo logo come up with a beep and 'fastboot oem unlock' command will show 'error, ..... device locked'. How can I fix this please help.

If nothing else is working.... try to extract the stock recovery.img and stock boot.img from the firmware...
(This can be done with pretty much any zip program)
Move files into your adb folder... or where ever you are running fastboot from...

Boot the device to bootloader...
Run these commands...
Fastboot devices (just to make sure phone/pc are talking)
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot reboot

You should get a verification after each file flashes...
It will show the upload % ... then say completed after each file is flashed...

Let me know if that works...
Once you have the stock recovery booting... sideload the entire zip to return to stock .

Id4christ

Jan 25, 2016
Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E

Hi Yamaha 169,
I really appreciate your help.

The system has refused all flash with adb show 'error unlock is not allowed' or ' this devices device is unlocked cannot flash images'.
Trying with QFIL, I got 'Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E'. Please, i really need help.

Regards,
Id4christ

If nothing else is working.... try to extract the stock recovery.img and stock boot.img from the firmware...
(This can be done with pretty much any zip program)
Move files into your adb folder... or where ever you are running fastboot from...

Boot the device to bootloader...
Run these commands...
Fastboot devices (just to make sure phone/pc are talking)
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot reboot

You should get a verification after each file flashes...
It will show the upload % ... then say completed after each file is flashed...

Let me know if that works...
Once you have the stock recovery booting... sideload the entire zip to return to stock .

Yamaha169

Mar 6, 2016
Fastboot

Hi Yamaha 169,
I really appreciate your help.

The system has refused all flash with adb show 'error unlock is not allowed' or ' this devices device is unlocked cannot flash images'.
Trying with QFIL, I got 'Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E'. Please, i really need help.

Regards,
Id4christ

Firstly... your device is a YT-850F model ?
Secondly... have you installed the lenovo device drivers?
Does your device communicate with fastboot as normal?
(Fastboot devices returns your device # in terminal?)

Have you tried entering recovery or bootloader with the power/vol buttons?

blueboy40

Mar 13, 2017
lenovo yoga tab 3 help

hi, ive got a lenovo yoga tab 3 YT3-X50F, when i turn it on its a black screen with sound, im a noob so please be basic if poss lol thanx

Mogkupopppo

Jan 31, 2009
Fix wrong update YT3-850F firmware into YT3-X50

hi, ive got a lenovo yoga tab 3 YT3-X50F, when i turn it on its a black screen with sound, im a noob so please be basic if poss lol thanx

I will assume you know how to use adb and the firmware link is in the replys on the bottom. God he saved me.

http ://android.stackexchange. com/questions/159631/lenovo-yoga-tab-3-10-yt3-x50-factory-image-ota-update-or-backup-needed

*Done - AndroidFileHost. – Andy Yan Dec 6 '16 at 1:17

Thank the nice guy who download and put the firmware to a host. I had trouble finding the firmware since it is all in chinese. And I did the same thing you did which is updating YT3-850F into YT3-X50 :). To be specific I used the update file from the beginning of the post. Silly me who love risk taking. Got black screen with sound, so to fix it you need to

Install adb drivers if needed.

1 .download the correct firmware.
2. put firmware in your adb folder.
3. make sure your tablet is off, then press Vol Up (the rocker away from the battery side) It will boot into recovery with back screen.
4. Panic as the screen will dim once. it means the menu select is up.
5. Panic as you Press Vol Down once then Press power. It should go into adb sideload mode.
6. now adb sideload <firmware> in your cmd.
7. Wait and you can see the progress on your cmd window.
8. When it get to 100%, it means it is done. Press power button on the tablet. It will restart and you can stop your panic.

Zappia89

Jul 8, 2017
Hi, I have a really big problem (I think I screwed up my tablet).
It's a Yt3-850F, I flashed with TWRP a YT3-850F_000109_161226_ROW_otafull.zip I found on the net. It gave me no errors at all, but after the reboot It won't switch on in any way. Black screen. No key combination worked. Dead.
Suggestions (other than insult mysfelf in front of a mirror)?

sebasferando

Nov 14, 2016
bricked YT3-850F helpppp

hello, anyone faced the issue with bricked tablet YT3-850F after doing wrong update.zip? i cannot boot into recovery or download mode. it is just recognized by the PC as qualcomm and i can see it on the QPST software, however i cannot do anything from there. Any help ? i would appreciate it much!

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Hi, I have a really big problem (I think I screwed up my tablet).
It's a Yt3-850F, I flashed with TWRP a YT3-850F_000109_161226_ROW_otafull.zip I found on the net. It gave me no errors at all, but after the reboot It won't switch on in any way. Black screen. No key combination worked. Dead.
Suggestions (other than insult mysfelf in front of a mirror)?

any luck?

Yamaha169

Mar 6, 2016
You need to set up adb terminal... those qfil, and qualcom programs wouldnt work without a generated file from the firmware image, which had to do with the partition mapping.. even after i got the device reconginized... there was nothing you could do with it... i did this with 3 other programs as well..
My end solition was to fastboot flash the firmware.update package. You can do it by following my posts... and the firmware link is available there somewhere too.

kbarvey007

Mar 17, 2017
Bricked Yoga tab 3-850M

Hi,
recently while experimenting I bricked my Lenovo YT3-850M. now I have twrp installed on my yoga. but I'm unable to find custom ROM or original ROM for my yoga 3 tab. I got some of them on the internet but most of them were for 850F or 850L and not for 850M. I'm also not able to start Lenovo yoga in the bootloader. While flashing those for 850L/F I'm getting stuck at Lenovo boot screen. also, those ROMs also changes my recovery from twrp to the original. now I'm totally stuck and not finding any solution for it. please tell me how I can unbrick my YT3-850M. I would be grateful for that. please post some ROM file for 850M too.

Thanks in Advance.

Yamaha169

Mar 6, 2016
Hi Yamaha 169,
Adb doesnt seem to be recognizing your device, double check Qualcomm drivers,
Update to latest adb platform tools.
Make sure you see fastboot is in the tools folder ...

(As adb is generic, i have seen some compilations without fastboot, most of todays packages include it, but just verify its there 🤙)

Keep at the drivers until you get a return from the
fastboot devices - command. You should see your tablets device id...

If this continues to fail... Look into a lenovo restore tool.

Example: Qualcomm used MSM tool for OnePlus..

Someone is the posts mentioned

Last edited:

Yamaha169

Mar 6, 2016
Bricked Yoga tab 3-850M

Hi,
recently while experimenting I bricked my Lenovo YT3-850M. now I have twrp installed on my yoga. but I'm unable to find custom ROM or original ROM for my yoga 3 tab. I got some of them on the internet but most of them were for 850F or 850L and not for 850M. I'm also not able to start Lenovo yoga in the bootloader. While flashing those for 850L/F I'm getting stuck at Lenovo boot screen. also, those ROMs also changes my recovery from twrp to the original. now I'm totally stuck and not finding any solution for it. please tell me how I can unbrick my YT3-850M. I would be grateful for that. please post some ROM file for 850M too.

Thanks in Advance.
As stated by you, 90% of everything i found was 850F/L designed...
I took an 850F recovery
(credits to 7 max kernel)

Changed the fstab pit mapping to read the correct mount points for the 850M recovery...

There were 2 or 3 that were pointing at the wrong partition designed for the F/L devices.

Ill have to apologize though, as i think i may have deleted my custom recovery.

Someone rehost?
(As i dont plan on rewriting another)
I no longer own this tablet. 👌 Srry fellas.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I work at a shop and someone brought me a Yoga Tab 3 8" tablet that was on a screen that asked for an original google account.

It was purchased without much thought because i figured it was just part of the setup.

No this is actually a Device Protection feature google has had since Lollipop apparently.

There is a way around it if anyone is interested or is in a soft brick that they can access the recovery from.

NOTE :
    THIS IS FOR THE YOGA TAB 3 8" YT3-850F ONLY!!!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DESTROY YOUR TABLET! PLEASE BE CAREFUL. DO NOT FLASH ANYTHING FOR WRONG MODEL. CONFIRM YOUR MODEL NUMBER BY LOOKING ON THE BACK STICKER BEFORE PROCEEDING.

You will need :

A Computer

A Micro SD Card and Adapter

A couple of hours time

Patience...

Patience........

Firstly, as always, make sure the device is charged before attempting any of this please.

Download the stock firmware from This Link.

Do not extract the firmware at all or rename it, just leave it as it is, it will take about an hour to download.

After you have the firmware downloaded move the zip file to the root of the MicroSD Card on the computer.

Eject the SDCard from the computer and put it into the Yoga Tab.

Reboot into recovery by pressing Power and Vol+ let go of Power when you see the Lenovo logo.

Once in recovery go ahead and do a factory reset/data wipe.

The next step is to actually flash the zip you put on the MicroSD earlier. You go down to apply update from SD using the Volume + and -
    buttons. Power to select an option. Select the Zip you downloaded from this guide.

it will take approximately 20-30 minutes to fully install the update. after it installs it will boot up like new again, with no Google Device Protection, and it is a possible way to unbrick!
    Recover, install recovery, root

BEFORE ANYTHING.... unlock your bootloader
    Install Drivers for Lenovo Tablet, So Adb can see your device

Open your Adb Command Windows (windows)
    Commands!
    Adb Devices ------- this should return a device Id # ... if it doesn't your drivers are not correct ....
    Adb Reboot bootloader -------- this Should take you to the Big Lenovo Screen (it will stay there, this is fastboot mode)
    Fastboot Devices ------- This Should Return The Device Id (except fastboot Device Id #)
    Fastboot Oem unlock-go ------- This Should Unlock Your bootloader (allow flashing of custom firmwares, boot images, recoverys etc) THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE!!!!!!!!!

After unlocking bootloader

Flash this Stock Firmware (if you haven't already)
    This is FULL STOCK FIRMWARE ... not an OTA zip...

Custom Built TWRP by Me... Enjoy
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1d...ew?usp=sharing

(this was based off the Twrp source that metalchef mentioned)
    I recommend BOOTING it through fastboot if your only planning on flashing a few things and taking a single backup here and there... if you flash zips ALOT ... then just flash it ... :)
    Fastboot Boot Recovery.img (this is the command you need inside of fastboot for booting recovery)
    Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (this is to flash recovery to tablet)

#Note# you need to put the recovery.img inside your adb folder... or drag and drop it to command window after typing "fastboot boot"
    This will allow it to boot from any file path ....

To Gain Root ... Use Kingoroot , Un-intall the Superuser that kingoroot gives you ... get supersu (chainfire) from market and update the binary....
    or flash supersu.zip through recovery
    ( I haven't tried to flash supersu because kingoroot worked) and ive exhausted so much time on the recovery ... im going to take a break ... :)

Afterwards .... You SHOULD have the device your seeking.... :)
    Command window

Hi Spungy168,
    Please, how did you go about the flashing. Can you send me that tools & how? My tab Lenovo yoga 3 850F is bricked, please help?