• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unbrick Verizon Note 7 (No matter How Bad)

Search This thread

MizSxxyBych

Jul 20, 2011
Winston Salem, NC
Samsung is bricking the ones they can get to. So unless they come up with some newfangled way to get an OTA to my N7 it won't be changing one bit. And at this point Verizon has stated they aren't on board with the bricking, at least not during the holiday season.
Boom! 👍✊

Sent from my flaming hot Note 7 via Tapatalk!

We are the ALLIANCE!!!!

Reactions: nfamouzprincezz

outamoney

Jul 1, 2009
VUA flashed to PHE

Thank you sir,

I tried to root the other day and ended up softbricking while trying to ODIN flash PH1 over PK1 [60% battery update]. I was able to put phone in download mode and verizon repair assistant flashed my phone to PHE [100% battery].

Reactions: Aquahypnotic

Aquahypnotic

Mar 24, 2017
Damnit!

Guys I have been delaying researching on how to delete the update files and such on my note 7 so I have been getting by every day by delaying the update to the next morning.

Well today I clicked update by accident and went about my morning only to come back to 60‰ charge and my phone not taking a charge.

Is there anything I can do to still use it guys?

Thank you very much in advance,
Very desperate Note 7 user

rvinturis

Apr 20, 2007
NO MATTER HOW BAD ? I GIVE YOU THIS
my note 7 Verizon original stock rom ph1 no root , here in Romania works fine with gsm , in one night I decide to put T-Mobile AP keeping BL from Verizon CP from Verizon , CSC form Verizon too. because wanted to root , but after flashing my phone is started well and I make upgrade , after upgrade m battery was killing 60% and after another upgrade neither 60% works, it stop charging for god. after that starting only in bootloader mode with secure enabled and odin it cannot flashing everything else. now I am in binary factory mode because I go in service center and the guy from center told me he can put only this for testing hardware. another things is impossibile to write on the phone because is in one state of recived the last firmware ph3, but this firmware will never arrive from Samsung. so this is the situation , I have one note 7 verizone with binary factory up and battery charged 100% now. but nothing else.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I try your method but after finished to download firmware from Samsung (SM-N930V_N930VVRS2APHE_FACTORY) is blocked and says connect the phone because on the phone *secure download enabled* don't let Verizon assistant to write on phone. it says ''SW REV CHECK FAIL :[aboot]Fused 3> Binary 2[1] eMMC write fail: aboot'' . that's it folks I will pun on frame my phone to remind me how stupid MF I was.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I created an account here just to share this fix with you all.

To start, Tuesday morning, I decided to update the note 7 (to the firmware that changes battery color if your device is safe). After finding that my battery is still white, I contacted my Verizon Rep and ordered a replacement. Since the phone should have arrived the very next day (corporate account) I decided to flash my phone using the root methods in this forum... BIG mistake. If anyone can confirm that after updating the note, root is successful, then please share. But in the end what I was left with was a note 7 that wouldn't even accept the verizon firmware flashed through Odin. Smartswitch didn't work either (wouldn't accept my serial) so i was pretty much SOL and out of a phone... Until today.

After one last attempt to fix this as I wait for my replacement to arrive, I was searching on the verizon forums and found an old post from the galaxy s5 on their forum. I downloaded the repair assistant from here * verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/#windows * and put my phone in download mode. After connecting it and selecting REPAIR in the verizon software, the program downloaded the latest firmware and brought my phone right back to factory settings working as good as new. This was the only method that I found to work after several days of frustration.

I hope this helps someone out there. Thank you for reading! :laugh:
    Hey guys,

I created an account here just to share this fix with you all.

To start, Tuesday morning, I decided to update the note 7 (to the firmware that changes battery color if your device is safe). After finding that my battery is still white, I contacted my Verizon Rep and ordered a replacement. Since the phone should have arrived the very next day (corporate account) I decided to flash my phone using the root methods in this forum... BIG mistake. If anyone can confirm that after updating the note, root is successful, then please share. But in the end what I was left with was a note 7 that wouldn't even accept the verizon firmware flashed through Odin. Smartswitch didn't work either (wouldn't accept my serial) so i was pretty much SOL and out of a phone... Until today.

After one last attempt to fix this as I wait for my replacement to arrive, I was searching on the verizon forums and found an old post from the galaxy s5 on their forum. I downloaded the repair assistant from here * verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/#windows * and put my phone in download mode. After connecting it and selecting REPAIR in the verizon software, the program downloaded the latest firmware and brought my phone right back to factory settings working as good as new. This was the only method that I found to work after several days of frustration.

I hope this helps someone out there. Thank you for reading! :laugh:

HOLY **** THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! THIS WORKED PERFECTLY!! dude you saved my phone <3

i love you. you're amazing. thank you for sharing this!!
    Possibly

Hmmm. She now has the update where she's limited to 60% battery. Can't she do like Tmunroe1 above, try and root and use the Verizon software to revert it back? Seems like that would replicate exactly what he did, and ultimately end up back at stock like we want, yeah?

EDIT: Let me clarify. She does not care about root. She just wants her 100% battery back, so I'm interested in knowing if we can plug her phone in and utilize the Verizon Repair Assistant to revert it back to PHE w/ 100% battery.

That worked for me. Yeah, I attempted root and bricked it unknowingly (I've rooted phones before but didn't adequately research the versions that wouldn't work. I was rooting for the express purpose of blocking the 60% limitation). But when the Verizon/Samsung repair software went in, it put me back to the version prior to the 60% update. I'm now able to charge to 100% and have blocked further updates using methods described above. Unfortunately, we likely don't have any way of knowing what version the repair tool will put on the phone, as they may or may not have remembered to update it by now. The version the recovery software put on my phone is N930VVRS2APHE. I hope this helps.
    We can help you get your battery back to 100%. Note7alliance.com

Join note7alliance.com for tutorials to get your battery back to 100%, use Samsung Pay, Gear VR, block Samsung updates etc! We are the ALLIANCE!!!!
    How bout no
    Guess we shall see huh😂

Mod Edit