Unbrick your dead-boot lumia... WITHOUT JTAG!

Search This thread

gmirz2005

Jun 18, 2017
Yerevan
may i know also work to when lumia 1020 show error: Unable to find a bootable option. press any key to shutdown?

That can be repaired by just the standard Windows Device Recovery Tool. But if that error occurred without your management (itself), then there is a big possibility that the Lumia has a bad eMMC.

Tiago117

Jan 10, 2019
EVERYBODY! IMPORTANT NEWS. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THERE IS A PIN ON THE MOTHERBOARD THAT NEEDS TO BE SHORTED SO THAT THE DEVICE IS FORCEFULLY GONE TO THE EMERGENCY DOWNLOAD MODE. THERE IS NO PIN, THERE IS A RESISTOR. IT IS THE R3209 RESISTOR! FIND THE SCHEMATICS OF YOUR DEVICE, FIND WHERE IS IT, IT MUST BE NEAR THE EMMC CHIP! CONNECT THE USB TO THE PHONE BUT NOT TO THE COMPUTER! SHORT THE RESISTOR AND WHILE SHORTING, CONNECT IT TO THE COMPUTER AND AFTER 2 SECONDS, REMOVE THE SHORT! THE DEVICE SHOULD BE DETECTED IN 9008 QDLOAD MODE! OPEN WDRT AND START RESTORING. AFTER IT IS FINISHED AND THE DEVICE NEEDS TO BE REBOOTED, DON'T REMOVE THE CABLE NEITHER FROM THE COMPUTER NEITHER FROM THE PHONE, INSERT A GOOD, CHARGED BATTERY. IT SHOULD BOOT NOW.... And now... You see the NOKIA logo... You feel the happiness... Now you know... That you successfully brought your superior phone back to life....

I don't know man. Already tried so many things to recover my Lumia 1020. Ended up buying a replacement motherboard. JTAG shops couldn't repair it. I had Win10 in it and it just crashed with the "can't find bootable option" error.

gmirz2005

Jun 18, 2017
Yerevan
Well, if even JTAG shops couldn't do it, then sadly, the problem was in eMMC. But you cant try to fix it, because not everything is possible by non-authorized Nokia tools, while thor2 "is".

gy45213

Jun 21, 2019
That can be repaired by just the standard Windows Device Recovery Tool. But if that error occurred without your management (itself), then there is a big possibility that the Lumia has a bad eMMC.

So I need replace a new emmc, if I replaced then flash FFU use wdrt or writ something to emmc?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome everybody...
    The wait is over...
    After not sleeping for 6 days long...
    I did this...
    !RECOVER YOUR LUMIA WITH DEAD-BOOT WITHOUT ANY JTAG!!!

So... after many testings, you bricked your phone...
    Now it doesn't boot and even worse, an error message pops up on PC when connecting the device, "The device is not recognized"...
    You are hopelessly crying...
    But today everything changes!!
    I have the way to recover the device...
    Here's the instructions.

1. Get a cheap data micro usb cable.
    2. Cut it using scissors
    3. Get all the wires connected
    4. Now get the green and black wires.
    5. Get a button
    6. Connect the green wire to the one contact of the button, and the black wire to the another.
    7. Now connect the cable to the PC, BUT NOT TO THE PHONE!
    8. Now get your bricked phone.
    9. Remove the back cover even if the battery is not removal.
    10. Disconnect the battery. (I don't care that it's not removable, you can do it!)
    11. Reconnect the battery
    12. With one hand, press and hold the button.
    13. And with another hand, connect the another end of the cable to the phone.
    14. Now hold the button for 10 seconds.
    15. Release the button
    16. And...
    17. VOILA! Now your phone is being detected as QHUSB_DLOAD or else.
    18. Now just open WDRT and start recovering your phone!
    My Lumia 925 is detected in QUALCOMM Modem Mode, or it will be shown as USB Input Device in device manager, with VID 05C6 PID F006 so maybe yours would detect in that mode too! I am doing some more research about how to unbrick the device from this mode.

[UPDATE] Found the drivers! Here's the download link! https://androidfrog.com/142gt2
    Also here's the picture for making EDL cable with scheme...
    scheme.png

U P D A T E
    EVERYBODY! IMPORTANT NEWS. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THERE IS A PIN ON THE MOTHERBOARD THAT NEEDS TO BE SHORTED SO THAT THE DEVICE IS FORCEFULLY GONE TO THE EMERGENCY DOWNLOAD MODE. THERE IS NO PIN, THERE IS A RESISTOR. IT IS THE R3209 RESISTOR! FIND THE SCHEMATICS OF YOUR DEVICE, FIND WHERE IS IT, IT MUST BE NEAR THE EMMC CHIP! CONNECT THE USB TO THE PHONE BUT NOT TO THE COMPUTER! SHORT THE RESISTOR AND WHILE SHORTING, CONNECT IT TO THE COMPUTER AND AFTER 2 SECONDS, REMOVE THE SHORT! THE DEVICE SHOULD BE DETECTED IN 9008 QDLOAD MODE! OPEN WDRT AND START RESTORING. AFTER IT IS FINISHED AND THE DEVICE NEEDS TO BE REBOOTED, DON'T REMOVE THE CABLE NEITHER FROM THE COMPUTER NEITHER FROM THE PHONE, INSERT A GOOD, CHARGED BATTERY. IT SHOULD BOOT NOW.... And now... You see the NOKIA logo... You feel the happiness... Now you know... That you successfully brought your superior phone back to life....
    Sorry, but there are Lumias in the wild that doesn't support that way of connection.
    They just don't get connected.
    Right, I get that.
    My question is more about if you understand what is happening when you trigger it to cycle on this way?
    Right, I get that.
    My question is more about if you understand what is happening when you trigger it to cycle on this way?
    When you make the edl cable and hold the button while turning the lumia on, the cable works like a short jig. As in every device, the CPU is "starting" first, there's command that is implemented in the CPU that switches the device to EDL mode but in this case, as the boot is dead, it switches to Qualcomm F006 Mode in other words, Qualcomm Modem Mode, which is normal for hard bricked devices.
    I read a guide about unbricking a DragonBoard 410c but it's done using some base firmware files which we don't have.
    Ah, geez, man!.. No comment, heh; but, had to -just- comment!! Pfft. :)
    [emoji16]
    Not anymore though. Sold every one of them . Except one. Even sold all my prototypes...
    Trying it but not working. Phone still boots to same message of "Unable to find a bootable option".
    Laptop not recognizing anything. Maybe the cable connections aren't correct.
    Will try to directly short the green and black cables to one another with hands.
    Also bought a new battery so should probably charge it fully first.

Edit: not working. Phone continues to boot to "Unable to find a bootable option".
    The only difference is that with the short circuit between green and black, the laptop doesn't detect the phone.
    The first thing you want to do is to rescue your phone, it won't be more broken if you flash another Lumia 1020's efiesp.bin, after rescuing the phone, you can fully wipe everything and start over...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone