Unbricking JB to ICS downgraded hardbricks

Search This thread

U1138

Mar 10, 2013
Downgrading from JB to ICS through RSD Lite making nice bricks with black screen and flashing green light. Here is my unbrick method. It has only been tested on phones with unlocked bootloader.

I DO NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING! USE THIS METHOD AT YOUR OWN RISK!

1. Connect your brick to PC pressing the camera button.
2. Run xFSTK-SoC-Driver-Setup-1.0.3.exe and follow the instructions.
3. Run unbrick.bat.

Attachments

• jb_to_ics_unbrick.rar
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 64,224

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
AW: Unbricking JB to ICS downgraded hardbricks

One User in Germany confirmed, that it's working! Thanks Dude, that's great stuff for the community :thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mattlgroff

U1138

Mar 10, 2013
I've figured it out by myself when I've bricked my own phone. I've started to search how to deal with the MEDFIELD device and have found some licked Intel software. So I've played with it a little and have gotten some results.

Here is the software:
rghost.net/44421368

XFSTK Downloader is a real piece of gold. It comes with the SDK and contains the documentation.

Last edited:

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW

Thanks for your reply. Good to know who get the Credits for this, when I start an Thread over here in Germany :thumbup:
I guess you'll save a lot of hard bricked Devices with this Tool.

fredefc

May 6, 2011
Brazil - Vitória/ES
Downgrading from JB to ICS through RSD Lite making nice bricks with black screen and flashing green light. Here is my unbrick method. It has only been tested on phones with unlocked bootloader.

3. Run unbrick.bat.

Hey guy, doo you know if this only works for downgrade from jb to ics? Why did up to date by OTA and it's okay, but I need root without unlock bootloader!

nikitagu

Mar 11, 2013
I wanted to make an update to the Motorola RazR I. My phone was back gebrickt. I wanted to start jb_to_ics_unbrick and now it says "Service Required Code Corrupt: Confused:

sysmanin

Mar 17, 2013
Service Required Code Corrupt

3. Run unbrick.bat.

Finished with "Service Required Code Corrupt" any idea ?

Nikoklaus

Mar 17, 2013
Thanks for the great tool! This rescued my phone one time!

Now, after I tried to restore from a Nandroid backup, I also get this strange error message "Service Required Code Corrupt".
Is there a chance to rewrite the tool, so that it can unbrick my phone again?

matias.kiska

Mar 18, 2013
Bricked phone

Hello all,

I have similar problem. My phone stuck on screen with text about unlocked bootloader and every few seconds it restart again to this screen (led diode also blink.
I cant load into fastboot and also turn off phone.

Before this, I unlocked bootloader and then by mistake run root for ICS by mattlgrof, which I then terminated (I know, I am crowned donkey).
I have JB from Orange GB.
I have try also method from this thread but no reaction.

Its some chance tha phone could be revived or I can throw it to trash?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Run unbrick.bat.
    I've figured it out by myself when I've bricked my own phone. I've started to search how to deal with the MEDFIELD device and have found some licked Intel software. So I've played with it a little and have gotten some results.

Here is the software:
    rghost.net/44421368

XFSTK Downloader is a real piece of gold. It comes with the SDK and contains the documentation.
    Hi everyone... i know much people that have the "Service required code corrupt". The problem is you use "ifwi & dnx " files that aren't from your firmware, so if you use your ifwi & dnx files from your RDS firmware you avoid the "Service required code corrupt" error and you save your phone that don't boot... maybe you can edit the OP to avoid more bricks, I am working in a solution for that people that have the error...
    Greets, :cowboy:
    A lot of users are saying that this method hard bricked their soft brick. ...

One User in Germany confirmed, that it's working! Thanks Dude, that's great stuff for the community :thumbup:

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone