• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

unbricking not working! PLEASE HELP

Search This thread

mic.mayorga

Oct 19, 2010
San Luis Obispo, CA
okay im following the unbricking guide in the General forum. i have an at&t p930. had cwm and flashed a rom but didnt format /system. thus i bricked my phone, boot loop galore. i have all the necessary files. everything with v10f goes great and when the phone reboots i get the pink LG Optimus LTE boot screen. only problem is that it freezes there, the candy cane loader stops moving and it just chills there forever... please please please help me get this thing going. its a company phone and i have no option but to fix it myself.

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
I am right there with you-absolutely nothing under the sun has worked. Finally got the updater to work and am stuck on the Optimus LTE screen just like you...even tried two computers, tried doing the .kdz about 12 times now, reboot, etc...stuck

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
Did you flash the V10f or the V10i? The only v10f I could find was a small file...well much smaller than the i. I've tried flashing the v10i about 15 times now with no luck...it obviously flashes as the boot logo shows up but thats where it stops.

Also when I get it to go into recovery it has the open box and arrow with the android guy and stays on that screen for about 10 seconds before it goes onto the LTE screen where it stalls.

Does that help anyone?

mic.mayorga

Oct 19, 2010
San Luis Obispo, CA
same thing for me exactly. my v10f file was like 400 mb, my v10i was 350ish. ive tried em both, neither work. same thing for me when i go into recovery as well. on the thread for debricking the last poster said he found the correct v10f file and will upload it tonight, maybe itll work being that the hotfile server or whatever Manillion used doesnt work.

LiViD

Aug 27, 2010
Smithers, BC
okay im following the unbricking guide in the General forum. i have an at&t p930. had cwm and flashed a rom but didnt format /system. thus i bricked my phone, boot loop galore. i have all the necessary files. everything with v10f goes great and when the phone reboots i get the pink LG Optimus LTE boot screen. only problem is that it freezes there, the candy cane loader stops moving and it just chills there forever... please please please help me get this thing going. its a company phone and i have no option but to fix it myself.

The SU640 ROM will not work on the Nitro HD, much the Nitro HD ROM will not work on a SU640. I found this out earlier this evening.

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
Might you be able to share a link to the appropriate kdz then? I think we've exhausted the resources currently available especially considering megaupload is dead. May the schwartz be with you...

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
If the v10i is rootable now, I'll just update my guide with a link to download the .kdz directly from LG (I'd been having trouble reuploading the v10f .kdz anyway because my internet connection is flaky). What I'm gathering from all this craziness is that there may be bad .kdz's floating around because the unbrick method I used has eventually worked for pretty much everyone, albeit with some teeth pulling for a few people :s. Either that or people are flashing the phone wrong, but I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt lol. I'll be updating the guide with screenshots provided by [email protected] in a bit.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
Awesome man glad to hear it...I'm still stuck on the Optimus LTE screen...tried even more times to flash it and still not working

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

Is there anyway to format whatever might be on my phone? As in do whatever I can to start as fresh as possible?

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
The best way to reformat everything and start over is to just reflash the .kdz from download mode. But since I know you've probably done that a couple times, it's possible your .kdz is corrupted.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
Any other options? Ive redownloaded numerous times from different sources (even lg) and still no cigar...just doesn't make sense...

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Got it-thanks everyone for your help. I didn't have CDMA selected in the R&D test tool-straightened that out and am off and running. Thanks again!

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Any other options? Ive redownloaded numerous times from different sources (even lg) and still no cigar...just doesn't make sense...

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Got it-thanks everyone for your help. I didn't have CDMA selected in the R&D test tool-straightened that out and am off and running. Thanks again!

I would only download it from LG or if someone has the v10f they downloaded from LG.