Question Understand Main/System storage content

Search This thread

MomZo_Yipiyo

May 10, 2021
Hello.

I don't understand the current figures I read when I am checking the content of my 9 Pro storage, in the Storage menu, with the official File Manager and with others from the Play Store.

Currently, I know that except the few apps I installed on my phone, 95% of the used storage is coming from my pictures/videos as I copied the ones from my previous phones in the DCIM folder.

On the following screenshot, Storage menu says I am using 72.5gb, including 28gb from my pictures and videos.

Screenshot_20210530-173745.jpg

Curiously, System storage is only using 1.1gb...
And even more curious, when I go to Other apps > Show System, I can see the "Media Storages" app also using 28gb of data (exactly the same size as the pictures/videos at the root of the Storage menu)

Screenshot_20210530-173801.jpg

Thus, I have the feeling my "media" are using twice the size they should (I really have nothing else on my phone that the 28gb of pictures/videos), and I highly doubt that Android file system and app data are using 44.5gb (you can see on the second screenshot how much storage is using the apps on my phone)

Anybody here knows how OnePlus phone storage is working ?
What is this "Media Storage" and why is it using that much data at the moment?
Why the indicated System storage is only 1.1gb?

For information, I am currently using L2120 model with OOS 11.2.6.6 LE15 DA, but I got the same figures on the previous update.

Thanks in advance for your help.