Unfortunate Dark Side of Screen :(

Search This thread

Gede

Mar 10, 2004
Singaraja
www.bali-information.com
I have used the Note for a few days, but it became obvious that the screen at the right side is a bit darker than the rest of the screen... (see attached picture) (its my own picture, no gradients in the original)

I went back to the store in Den Haag, Netherlands where I bought it, hoping to get an exchange, but no :( Now its in repair :( :( )

When the screen is at its brightest, it not really shows, but if its at half brightness its pretty obvious...

So, I am back to my iny tiny S2 again, fortunately I didn't sell it yet...

Attachments

• samsungnote.jpg
    samsungnote.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 946

akshayf

Jun 17, 2011
S2 and a note!! son of a gun....

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App which costs money.

jay_993

Nov 27, 2010
I can see it and it would bother me to the end of the world as well if i bought it at launching price.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Reactions: Gede

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Finally someone with eyes. Thank you Lord, I am not alone.
And just to prove it:
Untitled-1.png

This is simply done in MSPaint. Ive taken a sample of colour from the left of the screen and the right of the screen and put them side by side to show even the hard of sight that the right side is definitely darker than the left.

Reactions: Gede

Gede

Mar 10, 2004
Singaraja
www.bali-information.com
Wait!

So is this a problem with all Notes, or just the one which is mentioned in OP?

I hope its just me.....

But, if you want to test, do it with a solid color bitmap, at a lower brightness.... Solid white or grey will do as well... I think

In my attachment you find the one above (sort of windows background)

Attachments

• darkblu.jpg
    darkblu.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

ChodTheWacko

Feb 8, 2011
Wait!

So is this a problem with all Notes, or just the one which is mentioned in OP?

I don't see anything.
We need a more standardized test though.
If you run the facebook applications, is the right side darker?
The blue banners, or the white background? Mine looks fine, and I keep my screen pretty dim to save battery.

- Frank

willstay

May 7, 2011
It is very possible. My S2 exhibits noticable brightness difference when brightness is set to too high and this difference is only detectable when viewing all white web pages. But for normal use, the lowest brightness settable is too high for me and hence I use app called "Screen Filter". I set it down to as much low as 20% during night or when bed lamp is on. The scariest part I saw one night is a faint unmistakable circle of around 1.5cm diameter only visible in white background while "screen filter" is dimming it further by 50% to 20%.

I tried to capture with my DSLR but couldn't get anything better than I've attached. To naked eye, this circle is distinctly visible. If you do not see circle in the attached image, please ignore coz I frankly couldn't capture better.

Hint: the circle is on the top left of the picture.

Top Liked Posts