uninstall bloatware, method and which application remove

Search This thread

Cryte-k

Oct 24, 2017
Hi. good day. I am new, I see that it is an excellent community, where they help others.
I received the xz1c a few days ago, the phone is fast, incredible I love it, I had z1c and z5c, I'm from Paraguay.
I want to know how to remove bloatware and tutorial from how to do it and safe applications to remove.

read about the command 'adb uninstall --user 0 <package name>'
but I would like some tutorial to do it right

pseudonym58

With regard to many of the 3rd party applications which are installed by default, and which cannot be removed entirely: If you disable them the "stubs" that are left only take up a few KB of space and will not be automatically updated. I believe you run the fewest risks of other problems if you handle it in this way.

baudbox

Nov 16, 2014
Paris
apps.baudbox.fr

In order for you to avoid mistake, here is what I've done on mine:
1) Under your application list, force stop app, then delete cache, delete data and finally deactivate the app
2) If not already done, activate developer option, by tapping 7 time on build version
3) Enable USB debugging only
4) Download android platform tools from official developer website according your OS, unzip tools into a folder, and open a cmd console from there
4) Plug you device, do not select any option
5) Test your connection by typing C:\>adb devices to see if your phone is correctly seen by your computer, accept any prompt from your devices if any, and yours should appear on the list under the console. This tuto is still useful if needed on this step
6) Then enter this following command to get the list of any deactivated application
Code:
C:\Users\baudbox\Downloads\platform-tools>adb shell pm list packages -d
package:com.sonymobile.deqp
package:com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig
package:com.google.android.webview
package:com.sonyericsson.xhs
package:com.google.android.videos
7) Finally remove each dedicated application, one by one by the following command:
Code:
C:\Users\baudbox\Downloads\platform-tools>adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.videos
Success
You should have a Success at the line.

If you have any doubt of the package name, just grab the name and browse either on xda or internet to find out what to which app belongs the package name.
Hope that helps

j_rindra

Jun 27, 2013
Jepara
need an access root?

is it root access? or still as an official software?

1) Under your application list, force stop app, then delete cache, delete data and finally deactivate the app
2) If not already done, activate developer option, by tapping 7 time on build version
4) Download android platform tools from official developer website according your OS, unzip tools into a folder, and open a cmd console from there
5) Test your connection by typing C:\>adb devices to see if your phone is correctly seen by your computer, accept any prompt from your devices if any, and yours should appear on the list under the console. This tuto is still useful if needed on this step
6) Then enter this following command to get the list of any deactivated application
Code:
7) Finally remove each dedicated application, one by one by the following command:
Code:
C:\Users\baudbox\Downloads\platform-tools>adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.videos
Success

If you have any doubt of the package name, just grab the name and browse either on xda or internet to find out what to which app belongs the package name.
Hope that helps

Frontier3

Jul 26, 2010
Anyone know the package name for whats new? Hate that stupid app and I can't disable it so I can't find it with the above method.

Thanks

JesperE

Nov 6, 2017
Umeå
Smart move to disable the apps to have something to find them by in adb! :good:

I do wonder however, why would you use the -k option to pm uninstall? Isn't that to preserve app data and cache? Is there any danger in removing it all, ie without -k (hope not, I recently did that for both my and my wife's phones... :rolleyes:)?

Code:
Success

budiii

Dec 6, 2017
is there any way to reinstall this packages? i see you're using -k to preserve the app data. i uninstalled something i just realised i needed.

jrbmed08

Aug 14, 2012
Bay Area, CA
In my efforts to troubleshoot battery drain, I found that "Advanced Logging" was using a lot of my battery. A quick Google search shows that it's part of the Support app and involved in sending usage data (which I have unchecked and declined consent in the Support app): https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Advanced-Logging-Spyware/td-p/1180249

Can this safely be disabled via ADB? Any idea what the package name is? For now I've just Greenified it and will see if that helps.

Last edited:

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
hate to redo all the setup process, so others please be aware.
To save data all you do is flash the system, you'll still have to disable apps and stuff but won't have to start from scratch like you do when you do a full wipe.

Can this safely be disabled via ADB? Any idea what the package name is?
I have done with no issues, - pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sonymobile.support

Reactions: jrbmed08

jrbmed08

Aug 14, 2012
Bay Area, CA
com.sonymobile.advancedlogging

No need to freeze the support app then. Please give feedback if it works.

The ADB command was successful but it doesn't seem to have solved my wakelock problem. Still, even with the setting for usage stats off and consent declined in the Support app, the Advanced Logging app was reported as using data and battery in the background, so good riddance!

Edit: System Update force closes after doing this and upgrading to .8.49. I'm not sure which one of those actions caused the problem, but reflashing my firmware minus userdata did not fix it, so I'm thinking it's possibly due to removing Advanced Logging.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    Code:
    Success

Hope that helps
    Here is a list of safe applications to uninstall .. is in German. but it is understood.{

https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...pps-bloatware-entfernen-ohne-root.852451.html
    Anyone know the package name for whats new? Hate that stupid app and I can't disable it so I can't find it with the above method.

Thanks
    com.sonymobile.entrance
    I am ignoring it and I don't get nagged to install it, it just appears on the System Update under an Application tab.
    Thx to all that responded.
    is it root access? or still as an official software?

Nope, no root access is needed.