Uninstall / reinstall system apps W10M

Search This thread

dape16

Jun 20, 2006
I am trying to figure out a way to uninstall or reinstall a system app that's broken. In my case the OneDrive app didn't open anymore, and updating it or install a new OS build didn't help. I realize that a hard reset would probably solve the problem but that's very time consuming compared to be able to just uninstall OneDrive and install it again.

I have tried using the winappdeploycmd.exe but the OneDrive package can not be uninstalled "on a per-user basis".

My phone is bootloader unlocked so I connected it in mass storage mode and deleted the corresponding folders in C:\Data\Winapps but the OneDrive package is still listed as installed byt winappdeploycmd and in Store on the phone.

Any ideas what folder or files I have to delete to make the app completely uninstalled?

dape16

Jun 20, 2006
You need to use the Beta 1.9 pre-releases to have the uninstall option. Don't use the beta 1.8.1 for this.

That worked great! After I uninstalled it I could install OneDrive back and now it is working again. Thanks!
Now I just have to figure out how to remove that empty duplicate Facebook icon. :)

PavilionDV

Sep 16, 2016
Is there a way to make brightness manually ?
even know I adjust brightness to a low level it is till stronger brightness than was on 8.1 or Threshold

Top Liked Posts