Question Uninstalled Samsung Messages via ADB. Please help me to add it back

Search This thread

mkanet

Jul 31, 2010
I was removing extra bloat from my Samsung phone via ADB (uninstalling the stock Samsung Messages). Now, I would like to add the stock Samsung Messages app back. Could someone please tell me the easiest way to install the app back? I can't find it on the Samsung Galaxy store or Google Play store.

I tried downloading the latest APK. Unfortunately when I click on the APK via Samsung "My Files" (which already has the ability to install apps from unknown sources), the app looks like it's installing.. but then, it ultimately says "App not installed".

Maybe, there's a way to put it back via ADB? If so, can someone please tell me exactly how to do it? I don't even remember the exact commands I used to remove it in the first place.

mkanet

Jul 31, 2010
I was trying to get
Out of curiosity: why are you adding it back?
I was trying to enable the feature Make calls and send messages from your Galaxy tablet . It wasn't working... so, I incorrectly believed putting back the stock Samsung Messaging app would resolve the issue.. which it didn't. After reading that link more carefully, it clearly said this feature isn't compatible with Verizon carriers. Too bad. I'll probably just end up uninstalling the stock app again since it has no use to me. I like Google Messages.

I was trying to get

I was trying to enable the feature Make calls and send messages from your Galaxy tablet . It wasn't working... so, I incorrectly believed putting back the stock Samsung Messaging app would resolve the issue.. which it didn't. After reading that link more carefully, it clearly said this feature isn't compatible with Verizon carriers. Too bad. I'll probably just end up uninstalling the stock app again since it has no use to me. I like Google Messages.
I have the Tab S7 and the Call and Text on other devices feature is very handy. I love it.

But if your carrier has blocked the function for some reason, the same functionality (SMS alone, not calls) can be replicated with Google Messages once you link the two devices together.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
I have the Tab S7 and the Call and Text on other devices feature is very handy. I love it.

But if your carrier has blocked the function for some reason, the same functionality (SMS alone, not calls) can be replicated with Google Messages once you link the two devices together.
I like Samsung Flow on a PC. YourPhone is garbage IMO.

Reactions: enigmaamit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try shell command:

cmd package install-existing com.samsung.android.messaging

I like Samsung Flow on a PC. YourPhone is garbage IMO.