• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Uninstalling Magisk (unroot) wihout Magisk Manager?

Search This thread
Mar 20, 2012
Hello,

is it possible to uninstall Magisk completely without using the Magisk Manager. Everytime i try to uninstall with the manager, it comes "error downloading file". Is there another simple way to do this?

Thanks

Mar 20, 2012
Reactions: q-l-p
Mar 20, 2012
On my P10 it looks like the newest Version. Update isn't possible. Or is it a way to install an older version and then remove it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181027-130921.jpg
    Screenshot_20181027-130921.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 2,198

Vanillezucker

Jun 8, 2018
Münster
Hi, I don't want to create a new thread because my problem is very similar.
I want to uninstall Magisk to be able to update my OP5. But however I am trying, it's not working. I tried flashing the uninstall.zip via TWRP first, tried the deinstall feature of the Magisk Manager and finally tried the method mentioned above. None of them worked. I restart my phone and Magisk is still installed. It needs to update and reinstall the manager but my phone is still rooted. I don't know what to do. Magisk Manager is/was up to date and I even restored a TWRP backup just in case I did some mistakes during the uninstallation.
Can anyone help me with that?

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Hi, I don't want to create a new thread because my problem is very similar.
I want to uninstall Magisk to be able to update my OP5. But however I am trying, it's not working. I tried flashing the uninstall.zip via TWRP first, tried the deinstall feature of the Magisk Manager and finally tried the method mentioned above. None of them worked. I restart my phone and Magisk is still installed. It needs to update and reinstall the manager but my phone is still rooted. I don't know what to do. Magisk Manager is/was up to date and I even restored a TWRP backup just in case I did some mistakes during the uninstallation.
Can anyone help me with that?

There's a bug in the Magisk v19.1 uninstaller. It's been fixed upstream, so try using the Canary uninstaller instead: https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/raw/master/canary_builds/magisk-uninstaller.zip

Top Liked Posts