Unity ROM V2.1.0 NJ1 - S5/S5A 11/08/2014 - DeOdexed/DeBloated/DeKnoxed

Search This thread

Jbluedodge

Oct 3, 2008
Well since the international s5 900f has began getting 5.0, I wonder how soon we will get it here for unity ;)

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Well since the international s5 900f has began getting 5.0, I wonder how soon we will get it here for unity ;)

I have been checking sources everyday haven't seen any 5.0 source for g900f other than cm and even when it does pop don't expect it I have no hopes of it running since we won't have root or safestrap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ALLDAT

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.

I'm downloading now, ill pull it apart and see what happens it'll take me a few days and even then if (and that's a big IF) I get it to boot it likely will not have safestrap, SuperSU 2.37 should handle root ok but the lake of safestrap would be a killer

Reactions: ALLDAT and s8freak

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Ok, so here is the break down,

The system.img.ext4 alone is over 2gb and will ned to be seriously trimmed down
kernel is newer and it's likely our device won't boot properly without this new kernel

en_GB is default language not a huge issue since most international roms are set that way

I'm still pulling the ext4 partition apart I'll know more this afternoon or evening.

EDIT: the tools I have access to at work wont extract the files from the system.img.ext4 file ill have to use my development PC at home so it'll be this evening or tomorrow

Last edited:

NVETHIS

Feb 21, 2007
Washington, DC
When trying to use the camera with the flash, my flash doesn't go off. I can enable the light with the torch app, but not in the stock camera or one from the play store. Any suggestions?

-NVE

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
When trying to use the camera with the flash, my flash doesn't go off. I can enable the light with the torch app, but not in the stock camera or one from the play store. Any suggestions?

-NVE

just tested with both the stock camera and with lenova camera flash works fine for both. any chance it has been turned off in settings?

Reactions: ALLDAT

SoCalHTCFuze

May 8, 2010
San Diego
Actually, i noticed this too. If flash is set to auto it often doesn't flash... even it pitch black darkness. But if set to on or off it works correctly.

Edit
I just did some testing. If there is even the slightest bit of white light in the view , auto will not flash no matter how dark the rest of the picture. Typically it would be tied to the metering but doesn't seem to be the case. This is most likely a Samsung issue, not a unity one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: gregsarg

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
ok so G900F lollipop has some issues

1. totally new folder and file structure
2. ART as default
3. ART and odex structure prevents de-odexing at this time
4. tools available (to me at any rate) will not decompile (this means no mods)
5. default.prop and kernel are required in order to handle ART runtime (means 99% sure wont boot without it)

I'll give this a shot and provide some more details as work progresses

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
No Go with lollipop, it will not boot without the new kernel and whats worse it wipes out safestrap and requires a return to stock and re-root and re-safestrap so until someone comes up with a way to root once ATT drops 5.0 we wont be getting a custom lollipop rom for ATT devices any time soon. sorry i gave it a valiant effort but not going to happen.

draexo

No Go with lollipop, it will not boot without the new kernel and whats worse it wipes out safestrap and requires a return to stock and re-root and re-safestrap so until someone comes up with a way to root once ATT drops 5.0 we wont be getting a custom lollipop rom for ATT devices any time soon. sorry i gave it a valiant effort but not going to happen.
Well, you've given it your best shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dynamic Kat, KoolKit and ted77usa
    Presents
    Unity ROM V2.1.0 NJ1 rebuild
    unity%20banner2.png

This ROM is a joint effort put together by @bri315317, @ted77usa and myself. This is the ROM that we believe everyone has been waiting for, it is cross compatible with both the S5 and S5A, is designed to be fast, stable and easily accept mods and themes. Our goal was to provide one ROM that is easily maintained for both devices. It uses a proprietary scripting system designed to detect and correctly configure multiple devices (in this instance the S5 and S5A) it can be expanded to include many more. We hope you all enjoy this ROM and our goal is to make it easier to maintain and support rather than trying to devide our time amongst several different ROMs.

The following issues may be encountered:
    1. Fingerprint scanner sensitivity may be encountered when attempting to change secure lockscreen type
    if this is encountered the alternate password still works to allow access.

2. Screen on notification for text messages even though a toggle is included may not work properly.

3. Bluetooth devices may disconnect on outgoing or incoming calls (not reproducable by me)
    one user reports no problems with BT, one user reporting this issue. even tho i have only the one
    report i am amaking mention of this issue here as it is a definite nuisance.

Code:
    [B][U]Features[/U][/B]
    Unique Multi-Device Setup
    Based on International G900F XX__NJ1 firmware
    Carrier branding removed
    Carrier IQ Free (Check screenshots for verification)
    All OTA removed (no fear of updates)
    De-Odexed
    De-Knoxed
    Custom KoolKit init.d Support
    Fast Launcher thanks to @bri315317
    Pull-Up for magazines @bri315317
    Graphics @ted77usa
    Permenant Device Status Official
    xPosed proof feature.xml
    100% compatible with S5 and S5A
    SMS/MMS delivery reports
    SMS/MMS display on toggle
    SMS/MMS save/restore
    3minit battery mod
    KoolKit Performance enhancements
    Scrolling cache disabled
    Media and streaming improvements (build.prop)
    Developer options enabled by default
    App_Ops enabled (application permissions)
    Reboot to SS Recovery

Special Note:

1. Private Mode - Has been removed from the build, without the accompanying knox components Private Mode remains non-functional. I know that there are ROM's out there with Private Mode working however, I have not had time to research exactly what is required in order to make it play well with custom ROMs it is possible that it just requires the missing folder structure and nothing more but I have not had time to delve into that as of yet. In deference to performance and functionality most accompanying code has been removed.

2. A.R.T. Runtime - A.R.T. runtime even on a good day is tempermental at best, Google did not intend it to be any type of daily use environment and since this ROM is de-odexed the system has a dificult time handling the conversion process from Dalvik to A.R.T. therefore I have chosen to temporarily disable this feature through the developer options in settings. All of the code for this feature still exists within the ROM itself and can be turned back on fairly easily, my intentions are to wait until Google decides if this is going to be mainstream or drops it from use.

Major enhancement to the flashing process
    I have included custom scripts that are called during the flash process (I originally wrote and implemented these in the HTC forums). These scripts in conjunction with the updater-script are able to better handle the process of wiping /system and /data and also include the automatic backup and restore of all user level apps from /data/app. The scripts intentionally ignore all coresponding application data backing up only the core apk itself. this offers you a completely clean start from scratch not only for all system apps but all of your personal apps as well. Now when flashing there is no more need to remember to wipe data or system just copy the zip to your sdcard, reboot to SS Recovery and flash and your done.

Code:
    [B][U][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]FLASH INSTRUCTIONS[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B]
    1. Copy the download to your [B]external sdcard[/B] (if you have one)
    2. DO A BACKUP FIRST
    3. DO A BACKUP FIRST (if unsure see step 2)
    4. Reboot to SS Recovery
    5. Flash to "Stock Rom" Slot (DO NOT USE ROM SLOTS YET)
    6. Reboot your device and complete the initial setup
    7. Enjoy!!!

changelog.png

Code:
    [B][U]V2.1.3 NJ1 OTA Update Only[/U][/B]
    Updated Superuser to v2.45
    Added safemode reboot to EPM

Added flashlight toggle to quicksettings
    [B]NOTE;[/B]Flashlight toggle requires full wipe [B]or[/B]
    Using "SQLite Editor" from playstore, open /data/data/com.android.settings.provider
    /databases/settings.db, search in "system" for notification_panel_active_app_list
    and add "Flashlight;" to the end of the list

a few DNS build.prop tweaks
    SafeStrap themed (splash screen and TWRP UI)
    OTA-Updater.apk updated
    busybox updated to 1.23.0
    Minor RIL tweaking to increase LTE stability
    Opened up multiwindow to all app drawer apps
    Added CPU Core monitoring in ongoing notifications
    Removed CPU MHZ from expanded status bar
    others i may have forgot

[B][U]V2.1.0 NJ1[/U][/B]
    Complete rebuild from NJ1 source
    fixed camera mode issue for Active
    fixed bluetooth headset issue
    fixed stability issues
    performance enhancements

[B][U]V2.0.1 PATCH[/U][/B]
    [B]PATCH ONLY DO NOT WIPE[/B]
    [B]FLASH IN RECOVERY, WIPE CACHE DALVIK-CACHE, REBOOT[/B]
    Some system apps updated
    Google Apps updated 
    Settings menu re-arranged
    Koolkit extras are now under the developer options in Settings
    S5A - FC in active key settings fixed
    S5A - Assigned shortcuts fixed (Not Confirmed)
    SuperSU updated to 2.14 (fixes Rom Slots)

[B][U]V2.0.0[/U][/B]
    Re-Based on latest NI2 firmware
    all previous fixes
    added download saveas
    crt animations
    smooth
    fast
    stable

[B][U]V1.1.0[/U][/B]
    Dark Dialog Fix 
    OM Customize fix
    WiFi Password fix
    Cleaned up unneeded CSC files
    APN Enhancements
    All around system cleanup

[B][U]V1.0.0[/U][/B]
    Initial Release

NOTICE:
    Dynamic Kat ROMs and KoolKit ROMs are not responsible if you blow up your house, your dog eats your
    homework, the zombie apacolypse, your wife/husband divorcing you or if your device turns into an unrecognizable
    smoldering pile of plastic. by reading this you agree to take all responsibility for any damage you do to the
    universe, your device, your marriage or your failing grades in school or college.

Patches, Mods and alternate downloads will be in post #2​

Code:
    [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]Thanks:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    ted77usa - for graphics
    bri315317 - for colaborating and providing the key components in this ROM
    berniesteven, s5freak, ALLDAT, LuckyColdJohnson - for testing and pointing out needed fixes.
    @berniesteven - Activity zone screenshots
    [B]3minit battery mod[/B] - [user=4619873]@gharrington[/user] all recognition for this mod make sure you visit his thread and click on his thanks button [B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799958"]Original thread located here[/URL][/B]
     [user=3065070]@goldie[/user], [user=4469503]@RErick[/user] and [B]Team Alliance[/B] for the reboot to SS Recovery thru power menu mod
    [user=1042140]@tdunham[/user], [user=1167171]@rompnit[/user] for all the mods that where used as a basis for this rom
    [user=3280118]@geohot[/user] for root
    [user=4243514]@Hashcode[/user] for SafeStrap (Woohoo freaking awesome)
    If I have missed anyone please let me know so i can add you to the thanks list

Donations are not required but are much appreciated, all donations go back into ROM Development and hosting costs.

Code:
    [B][U]Donators List[/U][/B]
    @XRange
    @anl2304
    @LuckyColdJohnson
    @nemiroG1
    @draexo
    @azmexmike

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unity ROM, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    cstayton, bri315317, ted77usa
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: G900FZHU1ANI2

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V2.1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-11-08

Created 2014-09-07
    Last Updated 2015-05-04
    Reserved

Alternate download #1

Alternate download #2
    DevDB Download Page

Missing Safe Mode Patch
    Adds Missing reboot to safe mode to version 2.1.3 OTA Package
    download to sdcard and flash in recovery then reboot
    Signed_safemode_patch.zip

Disable StatusBar Notifications
    Disables Volume/Bluetooth/Alarm Notifications
    Frees up valuable space in status bar
    Cleaner look less clutter
    Download Disable_statusbar_notif_NJ1_signed.zip

Themed SafeStrap
    New SS Splash Screen
    New UI for SS Recovery
    Sorry no screen shots yet.
    Flash in recovery, while still in recovery go back to home screen,
    choose advanced then choose reload theme
    SafeStrap_Themed.zip

Re-enable QMG Bootanimation
    Re-enable_QMG_bootanimation.zip

Patch for T9 Dialing issues
    Thanks to @bri315317
    T9 Dialing Patch

WiFi always prompting for password FIX:
    To Fix the WiFi password issue:
    using a root explorer (esfile explorer is included in the rom)

browse to /system/build.prop
    open it for editing
    scroll down until you find this line
    ro.securestorage.support=true
    delete the entire line and save the build.prop then reboot your device.

Fix OM customize has stopped on boot up:
    Using a root browser,
    delete /system/csc/omc.xml
    Delete /system/priv-app/Omc.apk

Fix for light dialog with light text
    Download and flash in safestrap
    DarkDialogFix.zip

Enable all lockscreen widgets even on secure - V2.0.0 and up NI2 Build ONLY
    You must set up your widgets from the swipe (unsecure) lockscreen I still have not found
    the correct smali edit to enable adding while on secured lockscreen. Once you have them set up
    they will display fine.

LockScreenWidgets_Enable_Unity_NI2.zip

3minit battery Return To Stock - NG3 build only
    3minit_ReturnToStock.zip

LG G3 Keyboard Installer - thanks goes to @Cloudyfa Original author and mod is here:[MOD][PORT] LG G3 Keyboard
    Cloudy_G3Keyboard_v2.zip

LG G3 Keyboard Un-Installer - NG3 build only
    Cloudy_G3Keyboard_v2_Uninstall.zip

SystemUI with Data Rate display in Status Bar - NG3 build ONLYCredit goes to @Dzol Cp for this mod
    DataRate_Display.zip
    ScreenShot:
    Screenshot_2014-09-16-09-03-05.png

Note 4 Lockscreen + Weather icon update - V2.0.x builds only
    Credits for note 4 lockscreen go to @ksr007 - Original thread HERE
    DOWNLOAD - Note4_Lockscreen+.zip

Note 4 Lockscreen + Weather icon update - V2.1.x builds only
    DOWNLOAD - Note4_Lockscreen_NJ1.zip

Screenshot:
    Screenshot_2014-10-23-07-55-22.png
    ROM Update

Just so everyone know we havent slacked off or slowed down we are busy working out the kinks in the new NI2 firmware so that a solid base is available we are close. working out a few remaining kinks and then I'll start building.
    Solong S5 it's been a blast

Well, It's been a hard decision to make but with my current situation at home (just adopted three little girls) my time is extremely limited. I have made the tuff decision to step back from active development for now, I will still be an active member of the forums both for the GS5 and my new Note4 however active development will cease as of now.

It has been an absolute pleasure in the sammy forums and i may still consider small mods and scripts here and there but for now I must re-direct my priorities.

Keep an eye on all of your favorite devs they will surely provide you with many treats to come...

@talkingmonkeys, @ted77usa, @bri315317, @tdunham, and all the rest that have provided ROM's Mods and massive excellent tutorials on XDA it has been an absolute honor.

thanks all.
    Thanks, never been a fan of hideous "Themes" lol

ok, now im gonna jump on you for being an idiot, ted77usa is one of the developers involved in THIS ROM might want to read the OP before you go making idiotic remarks about one of the people involved in bringing you the ROM you happen to be running.

And here you go:

FACE PALM